Hello Sister Nielsen,
Well we had another good week. I went down to Pahrump on Monday and got back on Thursday night about 9:00pm. It was a long drive and I was happy to be home. I did not have too many missionary experiences. I talked to one grandma lady who was a little rough around the edges, but was wearing a CTR ring. She was a member but I believe struggled with the word of wisdom.
On Saturday, Cody, Whitney, Erin, and John Uriqidi wanted to go to wild horse to go fishing. But I did not like them driving on that road alone, so I decided I would go with them and take them up there. I have a lot of taxes to finish, but I thought I don't know how many more opportunities we would have to go fishing together. We did not catch a thing and did not have 1 bite. When we got home, I read the paper and they said the oxygen level at the bottom of the lake is not good and that we should have been fishing 15 feet down from the surface. Well we were fishing off the bottom, so no wonder we did not have any action. Whitneys mother was camping up there with her family and we stopped in and she made us some breakfast burritos. It was nice to meet her. I believe the kids had fun, Erin took lots of pictures or had me take lots of pictures. It was also very windy and that did not help. We got back around 2 - 3:00 pm.
Yesterday was another great Sunday. Whitney came over went to church with us, ate dinner with us, we had another discussion with her with the sister missionaries and then she joined us for family home evening. Another long day. She left at around 9:00 pm.
The discussion was really good. The sisters talked about enduring to the end and then they wanted us all to bear our testimonies. So everyone except for Carly and Adelaide bore their testimonies. The spirit was really strong and not too many dry eyes if any in the group. Erin bore a really sweet testimony about missionary work and this is what she is going to be doing in 4 months and told Whitney she is going to be the leader of her class in investigating and joining the church and that many others would look into it now that she is getting baptized. It was another good day. The sister missionaries are very sweet and love Whitney a ton.
I think Whitney is having second thoughts about going to college now. She likes it here in her little world. I guess there are 2 other members of the church on her college softball team, so I hope they take good care of her.
Every thing has gone very fast and she will be getting baptized tomorrow night at 7:00 pm. Cody will baptize her, so that will be good for him to have his first baptism at 16 years old. Erin is going to talk on baptism and I will give the talk on the Holy Ghost. Mom is giving a prayer and I will confirm her a member of the church. This is very exciting. I told her yesterday, that she will be in our hearts forever, as once you have shared such spiritual experiences our spirits have communicated and there is that instant charity or the pure love of Christ for those individuals that will never be forgotten. It is how I feel for members of bishoprics, high councilors, the people I taught on my mission, the Cubillos, etc.
Chelsea also sent Whitney a sweet little message that she got right before we ate dinner yesterday, saying that she had heard alot about her from us and that she was Cody's older sister, etc. I think she liked it alot. I think she feels very welcome by our family. Her parents got divorced when she was a freshman and I think she feels kind of abandoned. Her mom remarried and has since had another baby. So she has her new little family and her dad has a girl friend and it sounds like they don't communicate that much or don't have that great of relationship. She stays with her dad, but I don't think they see too much of each other. So she has been left abandoned in a way by the family that she knew and loved, but I believe she feels very welcome and loved now in our family. Cody said she said that the divorce was the hardest thing ever to go through and that is why she loves the sealings in the temple and the eternal families part of the gospel.
Anyway, we will be happy when she goes off to college (this thursday) as she and cody are seeing too much of each other under the excuse of missionary work. I think it will be good for both of them.
Everything else is going great. We love you and pray for you every day. I was reading Moroni chptr 8 to whitney last night and reading Mormons epistle to his son Moroni, sounded like what I tell you every time. Mormon writes that he prays for his sons success etc. You should go read it.
Have a super week,
Love Dad
Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
No comments:
Post a Comment