Monday, March 23, 2015

Cody's Mission papers should be going in this week

Hola Hermana Nielsen,
 
How was you week?  We had another busy week full of activities.  March madness began last week and that is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love watching all those upsets.  This year there have not been too many only a few upsets.  I had a good birthday.  We did not do much, but it was good.  The ladies that work with me in the office took me out to the Star on Wed. for lunch.  That was good.
 
We won on PAL playoff game on Monday.  Our best player was not there and we still managed to win.  But then on Wednesday we play the #1 team who is undefeated and they beat us badly.  Summer says that that team was the same team that played for spring creek middle school. So I think there was some scamming going on to get all those girls on the same team.  But our girls played well.  I was getting frustrated as our girls would not hussle back on defense after they got beat.
 
But I am glad PAL is over that was taking up way too much time.  Suzzie the PAL director asked us if we were going to do it again next year.  We will see.
 
I took the day off on Friday and worked on taxes and then went to Winnemucca to watch Cody play with the conklin's.  We got beat 5-3, but Lowry had some lucky bounces.  Then we all went to Lowry on Sat. to watch the double hitter.  We beat them both times.  Cody pitched a couple of innings in the 2nd game.  We got back about 6, and then we had to clean the church, so we went down there about 9:30 pm. to get that done.  I was really tired on Sunday.
 
On Thursday, mom and I went to the play Les Misierables.  It was long, and I could not understand any of the singing and was not familiar with the play, so I was lost.  But the singing was good.
 
Well have a great week. PUt in your prediction for where Cody will go on his mission.  WE love you and are happy you are a missionary.
 
Love,
 
DAD


Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,

It rained last night so, it feels fresh and springlike today.  Although we really haven't had much to call winter.  We hardly received any snow this year and the month of  Feb. was the warmest on record.  Summer had a PAL game on Mon. night, we played a team that we went up against the first of the season and beat us.  This time around we beat them.  It was a good game, and our girls have gotten better or more motivated somehow.  It was Dad's birthday so I guess they wanted to give him a win on his big day.  Our next game was Wed. and we were up against the undefeated team from SC, and they were good.  Every girl was skilled and and a bunch played AAU ball.  We did our best but lost 46-19.  End of Season.  (kind of a relief)  The girls seemed to really like us and wanted to come to our house for an end of season party.  So, I guess we will have some kind of party this Wed.  A lot of these girls come from broken homes and one is living with her Auntie because her Dad is in jail and her Mom is unable to care for her.  Part of my wish for coaching was not necessarily to pick the girls with the most "game", but to choose the ones who needed whatever example we could provide for them.

The GBC theatre dept. performed  "Les Mis" this past week.  A lot of people in our ward and stake were involved in it.  It was sold out most nights so when Susie Harris told me they needed ushers and that we could watch it for free that way, I signed Dad and I up.  We didn't have a seat, so we stood up in the back of the theatre for the 3 hr performance.  I thought it was good, Dad wasn't familiar with the story or music, so it was a longer 3 hrs for him.  Roselyn Eardley played Epotine, and I thought she did amazing, her voice is so crystal clear, and just a pleasure to listen to.

Friday,  Cody played baseball in Winnemucca, they lost 5-3.  Dad caught a ride with the Conklins and went and watched.  The next day, they had a double header over there (they play 3 game series with every team they play) and so we all drove over for that.  Cody played well, he is hitting the ball better right now than he was last year at this time.  They ended up beating them 20-3 and then 12-7 in the second game.  Cody pitched in the 2nd game and he did OK considering he hasn't really had a chance to do that or work on his pitching.  We brought food and had a picnic on the grass between games and Adelaide thought that was great.  She told Jacob's mom, "This is my first picnic!"

Cody and Jacob both had their interviews with Pres. Lewis last night and he has submitted or will submit their  missionary papers today.  Quite exciting!  He is really open to go anywhere.  I think they both put their avail. date as July 1st.
Tonight is the basketball banquet, so that will close a chapter in all our lives.  I have so enjoyed watching that kid play ball, he is so composed and just a great example of sportsmanship and athleticism.
I loved your success in finding that hallway of investos, keep up your enthusiasm and dedication, I love you so much, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment