Elder Nielsen,
Another fast week. We had something going on every night except for Friday & Saturday. Monday was Halloween, so when I got home from work I changed my clothes and took Carly and Adelaide and the 2 little Filipino girls (carly's friend) out trick or treating. We hit all of our block on Dotta and then we did the loop around where the Simons live. They got tons of candy. Addie had her pumpkin full of candy so I had brought a plastic bag and dumped her candy into it, so she could get more. It was a pleasant evening so lots of kids were out running around trick or treating. Summer and Mom stayed home to give out candy.
Tuesday I had Elko high schools FAFSA night. So I had to go help parents and students fill out their FAFSAs. We had a pretty good turn out and filled up one of the computer rooms in the high tech center.
Wednesday, I took off work at noon and to take my lunch and come home and work on cutting up the Summers buck. It is freezing during the nights below 32 degrees but gets up to 65 during the days. We have been having beautiful weather for the 1st week in November. Then at 3 pm I had to drive to Winnemucca to do a FAFSA night at Lowry high school. But we only had 4 or 5 people show up. I did not get back to Elko until around 9:30 pm. It was game 7 of the world series so I was listening to it on the radio. It went into extra innings and the Cubs beat the Cleveland Indians to win the world series. The last time the cubs won it was 108 years ago. So I was happy for the cubs. They were down 3 games to 1 and came back and won it.
On Thursday, the BYU vocal point group was here so we went to their concert. They are 9 men that sing and they are very good. We did not get home until after 9 pm again.
On Friday, mom and I went and voted. This election between Hilary Clinton vs Donald Trump has been ugly and we do not like either candidate. I think we are voting against the one vs voting for someone. It is pretty sad that those 2 are the best we could do for president. We will find out on Tuesday who won.
Spring Creek played Fallon in football in SC and they won 38-8. That Jon Jund is their quarterback and I guess he is the real deal. I have not seen him play this year, but SC seems to be very solid this year.
Saturday, I spent all day cutting up the deer, except for a few hours during the middle of the day. We went to a ladies' baptism in the Elko spanish branch. It was very nice. She is in her 60's and I guess all her kids said they would disown her if she got baptized. But she did it any way. Afterwards, mom and I went by Donna White's house. She is selling her house and had a few tax questions for me. It was a very nice visit. She is going to move to Utah to be closer to family.
BYU beat Cincinnati 20-3 in football.
Sunday was fast sunday. We had good meetings. Adelaide lost her tooth today after church. We went over to the Halls house after church and they emptied out all their candy dishes and gave them to kids.
A funny story about Addie. Yesterday she was eating her breakfast and out of the blue, she said, "We can pray any where. On the play ground at school we can just close our eyes and fold our arms and pray all the time." But then she said, do we have to knell down? I said, no, we can say a prayer any time, just by closing our eyes and saying a pray. I told her President Monson prays all the time, when he is fishing, etc. I thought that was funny, right out of the blue with that comment.
That is about it. We hope you have a great week. We love you and pray for you daily. Keep working hard.
Love
DAD and Addie (she wanted me to tell you about her tooth)
Dearest Elder Nielsen,
We've had another busy week. Monday, on Halloween, Adelaide wore a princess dress that we borrowed from the Gouldings. It had a full skirt with a hoop underneath to make it poof out. She looked very princessy. Carly and her friend Danielle made matching costumes; they were gumball machines. They hot glued colorful pom poms on white t-shirts and then put a .25 cent sign on top. They had matching bows in their hair and red leggings. They were pretty cute. Summer didn't dress up, I guess she is beyond that now. She stayed home and helped me hand out candy while Dad took Carly, Danielle and her little sister, and Adelaide out trick or treating. They like it when Dad takes them out because it takes them out longer and farther than I would. I would think that doing our street provided plenty of candy, but you know Dad, more is better than some. He even took an extra bag so that he could empty out their overflowing punkins, so they could get more. I was putting Ads to bed last night and she had a bunch of candy in her bed and wrappers!
Carly had a PAL game on Tues. They lost 12-15, but Carly had 4 pts. , one was a rebound-put back, and the other was a lay-up. Her coach is a member of the church, but I had never met her before. She is in the 5th ward and she has 4 daughters and she moved here from Vegas after her divorce. I could tell she was a "baller" and asked her if she played in college and she said she played for Montana State (she's from Montana) I wonder if she'll play on our church ball team?
Thursday, we went to to see the BYU mens' accapella group Vocal Point. They came last year too. The Choraliers sponsored them again. A lot of the Choralier girls were sitting on the front row. It was like a rock concert with lots of screaming and carrying on. At one point in the concert they went out into the audience and talked to people. This one guy, "Kyle"( they know all their names) went up to Citlalli Mata, Carly and Miley Simons and asked them what they were for Halloween and then they had to guess which of the guys matched the baby pictures up on the screen. It was quite funny. Carly was embarrassed, but excited to get so close to one of them. !!
We voted on Friday, they had early voting, so Dad and I went in and got it over with. We voted for Trump, but it was more of a vote against Hillary. Who knows what will happen to our country after this election. Afterwards we went to Northside School because Adelaide was getting some kind of award at an assembly. She got a medal for perfect attendance. I told her I should wear that medal because I'm the one that made her go to school all those days that she wined about "not feeling like going". She is getting really big. I can't carry her to bed when she falls asleep on the couch. I have to kind of walk/guide her to her room. She is too heavy for me. I took her and Carly (and Danielle, her surrogate twin) to Johnny Appleseed Park last week and let them play after Early Out from school. I wasn't sure if Ads could still do the monkey bars since she has beefed up, and she could! She went all the way across and back! She is reading quite well, but is worried because she still can't tie her shoes. I told her it just took practice. She gets frustrated easily and then Poo Hoos, and won't try anymore.
Saturday the girls and I worked in the yard raking and bagging all the leaves. It was a gorgeous Fall day, and a good one to get the yard ready for winter. We pulled out all the plants in the garden. We have a bushel basket full of turnips! Now we have to figure out how to use them. I mowed for probably the last time this year, and spread on the winterizer fertilizer. Dad worked on cutting up Summer's BUCK all day. I wrapped and labeled all the packages. Dad wanted me to make sure I labeled them "Summer's Buck". He is almost done, so that I can have my fridge back instead of sharing it with Summer's Buck's legs.
I love this time of year, there is so much to be grateful for. We have a good life and a great family, what else compares?
Have a wonderful week, keep those investos going to church.
Love, Mom
PS Cousin Sarah is expecting a baby, and I guess she is really sick.
We've had another busy week. Monday, on Halloween, Adelaide wore a princess dress that we borrowed from the Gouldings. It had a full skirt with a hoop underneath to make it poof out. She looked very princessy. Carly and her friend Danielle made matching costumes; they were gumball machines. They hot glued colorful pom poms on white t-shirts and then put a .25 cent sign on top. They had matching bows in their hair and red leggings. They were pretty cute. Summer didn't dress up, I guess she is beyond that now. She stayed home and helped me hand out candy while Dad took Carly, Danielle and her little sister, and Adelaide out trick or treating. They like it when Dad takes them out because it takes them out longer and farther than I would. I would think that doing our street provided plenty of candy, but you know Dad, more is better than some. He even took an extra bag so that he could empty out their overflowing punkins, so they could get more. I was putting Ads to bed last night and she had a bunch of candy in her bed and wrappers!
Carly had a PAL game on Tues. They lost 12-15, but Carly had 4 pts. , one was a rebound-put back, and the other was a lay-up. Her coach is a member of the church, but I had never met her before. She is in the 5th ward and she has 4 daughters and she moved here from Vegas after her divorce. I could tell she was a "baller" and asked her if she played in college and she said she played for Montana State (she's from Montana) I wonder if she'll play on our church ball team?
Thursday, we went to to see the BYU mens' accapella group Vocal Point. They came last year too. The Choraliers sponsored them again. A lot of the Choralier girls were sitting on the front row. It was like a rock concert with lots of screaming and carrying on. At one point in the concert they went out into the audience and talked to people. This one guy, "Kyle"( they know all their names) went up to Citlalli Mata, Carly and Miley Simons and asked them what they were for Halloween and then they had to guess which of the guys matched the baby pictures up on the screen. It was quite funny. Carly was embarrassed, but excited to get so close to one of them. !!
We voted on Friday, they had early voting, so Dad and I went in and got it over with. We voted for Trump, but it was more of a vote against Hillary. Who knows what will happen to our country after this election. Afterwards we went to Northside School because Adelaide was getting some kind of award at an assembly. She got a medal for perfect attendance. I told her I should wear that medal because I'm the one that made her go to school all those days that she wined about "not feeling like going". She is getting really big. I can't carry her to bed when she falls asleep on the couch. I have to kind of walk/guide her to her room. She is too heavy for me. I took her and Carly (and Danielle, her surrogate twin) to Johnny Appleseed Park last week and let them play after Early Out from school. I wasn't sure if Ads could still do the monkey bars since she has beefed up, and she could! She went all the way across and back! She is reading quite well, but is worried because she still can't tie her shoes. I told her it just took practice. She gets frustrated easily and then Poo Hoos, and won't try anymore.
Saturday the girls and I worked in the yard raking and bagging all the leaves. It was a gorgeous Fall day, and a good one to get the yard ready for winter. We pulled out all the plants in the garden. We have a bushel basket full of turnips! Now we have to figure out how to use them. I mowed for probably the last time this year, and spread on the winterizer fertilizer. Dad worked on cutting up Summer's BUCK all day. I wrapped and labeled all the packages. Dad wanted me to make sure I labeled them "Summer's Buck". He is almost done, so that I can have my fridge back instead of sharing it with Summer's Buck's legs.
I love this time of year, there is so much to be grateful for. We have a good life and a great family, what else compares?
Have a wonderful week, keep those investos going to church.
Love, Mom
PS Cousin Sarah is expecting a baby, and I guess she is really sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment