Sunday, April 10, 2016

Wonderful Wedding Weekend! Amber is a married Lady!

Querido Elder Nielsen,

This past week was a fun, busy, action packed week. I worked late each night trying to get as many taxes done before heading to Amber wedding. I still have a lot to do to finish every thing.

I also think I figured out the part that needs to be replace on our fridge. It is a fuse on the mother board. You can't just replace the fuse as it is soldered to the board, and the entire board cost $200 to replace. But I found a You Tube video which showed how 1 guy bypassed the fuse with a couple of parts that I bought in Twin Falls for $8. Now all I need to do is have Quinton our neighbor solder these new parts to the mother board and see it our fridge will work. I am thinking it will as it looked like the exact same thing on the you tube video. So I will check that out when I get home.

We had the parent teacher conference for the 3 younger girls. Summer received straight As and Carly got mostly As and Addie is doing well as well. They are all getting good grades.

Right now I am in Alaska for a WASFAA conference. I took Thursday and Friday off from work and worked on taxes and got ready to go to Rexburg. We drove the truck up there and let Kevin and Amber take the truck to Detroit. We drove the Camry home. We did not leave Elko until about 3 pm and we stopped in Twin Falls to pick up the Amber's wedding cake and to eat dinner. We did not get in to Rexburg until 10:30 pm their time. We checked into the hotel, and I went and watched the 3 younger girls go swimming and mom went with Kevin's mom to take the cake to the church. By time we got to bed, it was very late and we had to get up and eat a continental breakfast at the hotel and be at the temple by 8 am. So we only got about 4 hours sleep. We checked out of the hotel and got to the temple about 8:20. Amber got married at 9am. From our family we had Brian and Sharon, DeeRay, Darhl and JoAnn, Chelsea and Brian, Erin and Landon and Joe at the wedding. Teddy Wright was there and a few other of Amber's roommates. But it was a great ceremony and the Sealer told me and Kevin's father that this was a very spiritually mature group in the sealing room, that he could feel that.

We took pictures after for a few hours and then went to the church for a wedding breakfast. It was very good, the food was small portions, but they had the Berquist grandkids put on a little show, singing for Kevin and Amber. It was cute. Then we headed back home to Elko, got in about 9:40 pm and unloaded the car. I had to be at the airport at 5 am to fly to Alaska. We got here about 3 or 4 pm and I was tired and laid on my bed and slept for a while.

This morning I got up and mapquest the route to the closest church, it was about 3 miles away from my hotel. On the way there I did not take the right route and had to walk extra to try and find it. I was trying to find a path that I thought was a road, but it was an actual trail along the river bottom. I eventually found it, and took the correct route home along the river bottom.

I will be here until Wednesday morning and then travel back to Elko and get there at 9:30 pm.

We had a great time at amber's wedding, it was very nice and a parent's pay day. Chelsea and Brian drove up from New Mexico and David is really cute. He has filled out and I had him laughing at me which made my day.

Elko beat Sparks all 3 games by the 10 run rule. Benton and Whitted both had a home run which now makes them both have 4 for the year.

We love you and are happy you are serving the Lord on a mission. Serve him with all you heart might, mind and strength. Give him every thing you have.

Have a super week.

Love,

Dad


Dearest Elder Nielsen,

We had an absolutely wonderful in Rexburg, it wasn't really a weekend, it was just about 24hrs. but it was really great.
 Last week the girls had parent teacher conferences and they had good reports from their teachers.  Summer got straight A's.  She said she worked hard in math and Mr. Hayes' Social studies and it paid off.  Mrs. ZugaZaga, Ramone's wife was the facilitating teacher.  She figured out that Erin and Chelsea were Summer's sisters.  Carly got straight A's too, although her teacher said she will need to really read and apply math principles to her everyday experiences, because she thinks could fall behind.  Carly can correct any and all incorrect answers on test and papers, which she diligently does, so her perfect A's are more  representative of her striving to get good grades and maybe not her actual ability to get them.
Adelaide is doing really well, she is reading simple books and her teacher thinks she will be more than ready for 1st grade.

We left for Rexburg on thurs. after school, it was early out because of parent -teacher conf. so we were able to get an earlier start on the road.  We drove the truck up there to let Amber and Kevin use it to go to Michigan for his internship.  They needed something that could pull their U-Haul.  We took the Camry back to NV and Erin and Landon will keep Kevin's old pickup to use while they are away for the summer.  It was kind of car switcheroo.  
Their sealing was at 9 am the next morning.  It was a wonderful event.  They both looked happy and relieved (Kevin had finished his last final at midnight the night before) Sharon and Brian, Dee Ray, Darhl and Joanne and Joe were there.  Teddy Wright, Amber's missionary Momma was there too.   Brian and Chelsea and David came up from NM.  All of Kevin's siblings and their spouses attended.  The room was full.   It was a very sweet sealing.  The sealer said that this was the beginning of a "new kingdom"  I had never thought about it that way, but we are potentially starting on the path that can take us to that exalted state.  Amazing!  
Afterwards were were out taking pictures and someone(maybe Erin) said, "Where's Cody?"  meaning your card board cut out that we brought up to represent you once again.  And someone said, "Oh, we forgot him in the truck, someone go get him!"  Our photographer kind looked at us funny, like...'you left someone in the car, and forgot that they were in there?'  Then we explained that it was your life-size cut-out.  It was kind of funny to see her confused face.  Here's another funny story about "you".  When we were loading the truck and we were putting "you" in there trying to put stuff on top so that "you" wouldn't blow out.  Summer said,"be careful you don't squish Cody", and then Carly said, "Summer, he's flat!, I think it will be OK".  We had a really nice wedding luncheon and a church. One of Kevin's Cousins and her family  did all the food.  They live there, and did a really wonderful job with the decorating and lunch.  It was all just perfect.  Then they loaded into the truck and away they went on their way.  They were staying the night in Idaho Falls and then starting their honeymoon road trip to Michigan on Sat.  They estimated it would take them 3 days, driving 7 hrs a day.  Sounds like an exciting beginning.  We left to come home after they left and we got home at about 10pm.  Dad got up the next day to fly to Alaska and I prepped my talk that I gave today in Sacrament Mtg. today.  I was assigned to speak about "the pleasing word of God" and use the conference talks as my resource.  Have you watched conference yet?  what did you think?  I liked the talk about the refugees by Elder Kearson  and Holland of course.  Those were two that I referred to in my talk.
I hope you have a wonderful week, and keep being obedient and blessed for it.  Love, Mom 


No comments:

Post a Comment