Hola Sister Nielsen,
Well you have finished 1/3 of your mission. 12 months more to go. It sounds like you will be getting a lot more new sister missionaries in your mission. It is probably a good thing that you did go out so soon after your 21st birthday so you are ready to train all the new sister missionaries.
This past week was very busy for me. I worked until about 7 on Monday. Then on Tuesday, Cody and Erin had games against Lowry They both won. Erin only had 2 points. Cody's game was tough as Lowry had to win to win league. Cody played well on defense, he had 2 or 3 points. But we always get home late after the games. On Wed. I had to go to West Wendover high school to help them with their FAFSAs. On Thursday, I had to travel to Jackpot and Wells for FAFSA days and nights. I did not get home until late. Then they played White Pine on Friday and West Wendover on Sat. Erin had 7 points on Friday but she ended up getting hurt. They were full court pressing and they threw the ball over the top of her, so she was running full speed with her head turned backwards and Anna Dubois was running full speed coming up to get the ball and the hit each other girl full speed. Anna weighs about 250 and they both knock each other down. But Erin was stunned. Her neck hurts and she injured her right shoulder. I think she got whip lashed in the neck and she can't raise her right arm. We did not take her to the Dr. yet, but I hope she did not break her collar bone, or any thing seriously. She continued playing for a couple minutes, but was in definite pain. Both boys and girls won on Friday and Sat. But Erin did not play on sat. with her shoulder. They have a game this week against Battle mtn. on Tuesday, West Wendover on Wed. and Spring Creek on Friday, and then they are done with their regular season. But Elko needs Erin next week especially against Spring Creek. If they beat Spring Creek, they will win the league. But the games on Thursday, did not get over until 10:30 pm . So I was tired from all the activities. I also had payroll reports and year end reports to get out by the end of the month. I was tired and running like crazy.
Adelaide was looking at pictures the other day and saw, Summer and Carly with their princess b-day pictures, and asked, "Where am I at?" And Connie said, you were not born yet. And she said, "I was up with Jesus?" It is interesting that she knew that principle of the gospel. Also, last week, Adelaide said, "I'm going on a mission", Erin said, "Well I'm going 1st". So you are having a good influence on your younger sisters. I don't know where Adelaide came up with that or heard anyone say that.
Blake and Ryan Nielsen, your cousins, came by the house on Sat. morning on their way back from Reno. They wanted to see all our mounts, My elk, big horn sheep, Chelsea's antelope, and all our buck deer horns. It was fun to have them stop in and visit.
Well the 49ers and Ravens are in the super Bowl. I have to teach my class tomorrow night, so I won't get home until 10:00 pm. Everyone else is doing well.
Sister Fine is home from her mission now. I've text her but not talked to her yet. We will be ready for spring to get here. We look forward to hearing if you get transferred tomorrow and if you are training a new missionary.
What ever happens, we know if is the will of the Lord. We love you and pray for you daily. We hope you have a super week and that you are blessed in all you do.
Love,
Dad
My dear aloha girl,
I sent "the box" last tues. The postman said it should arrive in HI on sat. (2/2) so hopefully it will be forwarded to you soon. I included 3 necklaces that I made in RS. One is for you of course, and one is for your companion, and the last one I was hoping to give to Sis. Wright, since she was so good to you. They are all different, so look at them and decided which one you want and so forth.
Summer discovered a pimple on her face! Erin gave her some pointers on dealing with them--like it's time to start washing your face girl. We checked out the "Hunger Games" from the library and watched it. I liked it a lot. Summer has decided to read the book. I think it's kind of hard for her, but she knows the story now, so that may help her to keep going. Dad watched it too. What do you think he thought of it? He watched it twice and he said the same thing each time we finished watching it..." that was dumb". I said, " You said that the first time, so why did you watch it again?" Maybe he liked the archery.
It's been quite nice all week, Yeah! I am so glad that bitter cold is over. I looked like I had to go to the bathroom, because I would always be moving to keep warm.
Erin got hurt last week while playing White Pine. Elko was pressing and she and Anna Dubois (big Anna that's like the shot put champ) collided and they both went down, and both got up, but we could tell Erin was a bit stunned. She also was letting her right arm hang down too. She came out of the game, and they iced her shoulder. It's still really sore and hurts to move it. We don't know if it's the collar bone or more inside her shoulder, but she's got to rest it and get healed for Friday night because we play Spring Creek again. Can we get through a season without something major?
Addie's cute comment of the week: We were sitting down at dinner last night and she just looked around the table and said, "I love all you kids". It was priceless.
Well, we love you too. Have a great week!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment