Here we are again at the beginning of another week. The weeks are flying by and there is nothing we can do to slow them down. This week went by super fast. It seems like Carly and Summer had soccer games or basketball games every night.
I know Carly had 2 bball games and in the 1st game, she scored 6 points. I don't remember what she did in the 2nd. But she is very unselfish and passes the ball to those who do not score too often, which mom and I really like. Summer will start pal bball this week. On Sat. Carly had a soccer game in Spring Creek in the morning and then Summer had a soccer game in Battle Mountain in the afternoon. So we were on the road basically the entire day. Cody's football team played South Tahoe on Friday night and they won, pretty easily. They have a turf field and he has a nice bruise and rasberry on the side of his calf. It was ozing out fluids most the day on Sat. I am not sure if we told you, but Cody asked Vivian Neff to homecoming. A LDS girl which her parents live in Ruby Valley, and she lives in town while going to school. So he should have fun with his date. Homecoming is this weekend.
Mom turns 87 on this Sat. the 19th, and all she wanted for her birthday was all her kids to come and visit her. So I will have to make a trip probably solo over there this weekend. Mom will stay home with the kids and help Cody with his date and cooking, etc. The camery is making a funny noise, like it has rocks in it rattling around, so we need to get that fixed is I am going to take that car.
Chelsea had her 24th b-day on Sat. and Adelaide will turn 4 on Wed. She is really exited about it. She said she had a dream about her birthday. We had the sister missionaries from our ward over for dinner yesterday. Addie, was talking the entire time. She would say "hey missionaries, ......" and then proceed to tell them a bunch of stories. One of the sisters, said I am going to name one of my kids after you, Adelaide.
Mom and I got new callings yesterday at church. Mom got put in as 2nd counselor in the Relief Society presidency with Sister Harris as President. I got put in as Assistant ward mission leader. Charlie Myers is the mission leader, but he can't make it every sunday to church with his new job. So that will be fun and exiting. Yesterday was a very hard day in nursery. We had 10 kids, and half of them were crying and fighting and mom and I were trying to play tag team wrestlers going around in that room. I was tired after that. We will stay in as nursery leaders until they get someone new called to replace us. Good luck. This is a young class and not as easy as the last years class was. Many 1st children who has parents that baby them alot. It might be a good time to be getting out of nursery.
I have my class tonight and tomorrow is the 15th of october and I have to finish about 5 tax returns still including our own. So I am going to be very busy over the next couple days.
Well, I hope you have a super experience training this new greeny sister missionary. With your last experience, you got a bad taste of training. But I hope this companionship will be like you and sister Wright.
We love you and are so greatful you are serving a mission. May the Lord bless you in everyway you desire. We love you.
DAD
My Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
It is starting to get cold. Today was the first day I have had to scrape the windows before driving Cody to seminary. Yes, I am driving him now. Erin used to drive him when she would get up and go, but she has lost interest or a least she is more interested in sleeping. She gets home from Spoon Me around 10:30 weeknights and 11:30 on weekends. I told her she I was firing her from the paper route, because I just got tired of trying to drag her out of bed. It's not like she needs the money, she makes enough with her other jobs, so I told her she was done. She would have given it up in a few months anyway, this is just speeding things up. She has been doing that thing since she was 10 yrs. old. I told her she was probably their longest running contract, but Cody will probably take that title away (unoffically) because he started it with her when he was only 8! Last week was National Newspaper Carrier Appreciation Day, and all the carriers names were in the paper... they always love that. Cody has had his own route for about a year now (Simons neighborhood) so I am having him deliver down Dotta on the way to his route and then myself (and perhaps Summer some day) are doing the rest. I started another sub route last week. The other one was in the Southside area and this one is on the part of Dotta that goes up on top of the hill.
It keeps me busy, I have to get up at 4am in order to get back and get Cody to seminary, but the money is good $25 a day.
Summer started a little dog walking job last week. One of the ladies on Erin's paper route asked her if she would want to be paid to walk her dog. She said no, but she had a little sister that probably could. This dog is a Chihuahua, but it looks more like a loaf of bread with legs on it. Its is so fat it can hardly walk (that's why she needs someone to exercise it.) The first day she took it out it just sat there and wouldn't walk, so she carried to our house, and then it would walk home. She's getting paid $10 a week for 2 walking/carrying/ dragging sessions.
Carly's PAL season will wrap up this week, and Summer has her first practice tomorrow for the start of her season. It has been really fun to watch Carly progress and get better. Summer should have more experience this year and play with a little more confidence.
Summer went to the FISH Haunted House with her 4-H group. She said she screamed 2 times.
We called Chelsea on her birthday and she said she was going to watch the hot air balloons around town and go to Chuck-a-Rama for dinner.
Dad told you about our new callings. We have both had those callings before, but it will still be new and challenging. I will miss those nursery kids, it has been a nice break for us, and fun to do together.
I went running with Ruth Garvin this morning and on my way home I'm not sure exactly what happened, I think Chica may have swerved in front of me, all I know is I was stumbling and thinking I may be able to pull out of this, then when I realized I was going down (Mayday!, Mayday!) I thought, 'I can either sprawl out face first on this pavement or I can roll'. So, I summoned my ancient volleyball skills and did a barrel roll right there in the road to avoid an uncontrolled crash landing. I got right back up on my feet and started running again, because it happened in front of a stop sign, where a car was stopped and I didn't want anyone to stop and ask me if I was OK. I could feel it though, so I had to walk for a little while. My right hip was feeling like a good bruise was developing. Good thing I was wearing gloves--that saved my hands from road rash.
Did you get an e-mail from Ardis Jensen? They are leaving this week for HI and want to see you and take you and your comp. out to lunch if your Mission Pres. clears it. She asked me to tell you, to e-mail her back and let her know.
Well, I wish you a great last few months as you sprint to the finish line.
I love you sooo much,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment