Monday, October 21, 2013

Going good

Hello Sister Nielsen,


Another week has come and gone.  On Monday and Tuesday I was extremely busy trying to finish up all the tax returns.  And I finished them on Tuesday the 15th, all except for Robert Taylor and his son's tax returns.  So I was extremely relieved to get those out of my hair.

On Thursday, I took the day off and went hunting with Hernold Kinsel.  We went up Krenka creek and we left the truck at 5:30am and did not get back to the trucks until 8:00 at night.  We hiked to the top of the Ruby Mtns and back on the back side and then back down.  We probably saw 50-60 deer but only 4 bucks and the biggest was a 3 point, so I did not feel like packing them down in the dark from the top of the mtns.  It was fun to be with Hernold. I have been hunting with him for a long time.  He said he has a girl friend.  He has been dating her for a couple months and really likes her.  He is 48 and she is 39 and never married.  I told him he is not getting any younger, if he likes her he should ask her to marry him.  I thought a marriage before year end would be good. She served a mission in Guatemala.  I am happy for him.

My legs were very sore the next day.  I was going to go 2 days with him, but we did not see any thing big enough to go back to that same area.

I went back to work to rest on Friday.  Friday was homecoming.  Elko won 47 to 7.  Cody hurt his knee a little bit in the beginning of the game, but played the entire game.  They did well.  They have Wooster next week and spring creek after that, and then the playoffs.

On Sat. I got up early and drove the Camry to SLC to be with mom on her birthday.  All she wanted was her kids to come visit her.  So I got here about 11:30 am and then Sharon, Jedd and DeeRay came by and we went to look at other places for her to stay.  She has to leave this place by Wed.  This is a rehab. place. So she was in her wheel chair and we took her around to look at 4 different places.  Then we took her back to her home to see Spunky the cat.  And we ended up staying their until 8:30 pm at night.  All of Darhls kids and spouses and grandkids were there.  Jedd and his family, DeeRay and Julie and their 2 grandkids.  It was alot of fun. Braiden played the piano and the kids danced.  We had ice cream and cake and pop corn.  Like old times.  Mom said it was so fun that mom said she wants to have another one.  But that was the first time she had been out since Sept. 12th.  She kept saying, " there is no place like home" and they have that picture on the fireplace saying that with the picture of the old barn in the back yard.  I think it was really good for her, but she was very worn out by time I brought her back to the place.  I stayed the night here with her in the recliner.  But she kept calling the nurses about every hour to go to the bathroom.  She might have another UTI infection.  And every time she would get out of bed the alarm would go off on her bed and ring right in my ear, so I would have to wake up and turn the bed alarm off.  Not a restful night.

Today, sunday, I stayed with her all day, went to their church session they have here for her and it has been nice.  It is 6:00 pm and and I am still here with mom, about ready to head back to Elko.  Lindsey, Russell Nielsen's wife's sister is going to the same mission as Erin and goes to the lima MTC in November.  So they will be in the MTC together.  It has been a good visit seeing mom and all my brothers and sisters and their families.

Well, we love you and are happy that you are on a mission.  Keep working as hard as you can as you only have a few more months left.  The gospel is true and it gives meaning and happiness to our earthly mission.  

Adelaide turned 4 on Wed.  She was sooo excited about her birthday and it is a fun age.  On the day of her birthday, I said, "I can't believe you are 4 years old now".  And she said, "I thought when I had my birthday, I would be bigger.  But I am the same".  She thought that she would grow over night I guess on her birthday.  She is so much fun and we enjoy all you kids so much.

Tomorrow, I have to go to Las Vegas for a conference.  I have to teach a session on Verification in federal student aid.  I know what I want to talk about, but I still have to do the power point.  Perhaps I can do it on the way down to Las Vegas.  I will be back on Wed.

Carly finished up her bball season and Summer started hers up now.  Next week their soccer will end.

Have a super week.  We love you.   

Love

Dad


Dearest Sis. Nielsen,

I just read an email from Ardis Jensen and she said they are over there right now and called the mission office about taking you and your comp. out to lunch, but they explained that was against mission rules.  Maybe you will see them before you leave Hawaii, since your missions will overlap by a month.

Week in review:
Carly had her last basketball games this week.  It was a crazy week since PAL for Summer started too, and soccer is still going on.  This is the last week for soccer, so things will slow down soon.
Adelaide had a good birthday on Wed.  I had our first RS pres. mtg. and it went long, so she fell asleep before we could sing and eat cake.  But, the next evening we drove past the Homecoming Bonfire and went to Spoon Me.  Erin was working, and she liked that.  She told me today, "I want to have a birthday again!"

We won the Homecoming game against Dayton.  Cody kind of tweaked his knee on a tackle, but he's OK,  just a bit sore.  The marching band looks really good this year... and their show ends with Ghost Riders in the Sky, a clue that this is Mr. Lovell's last year. He always said when he put that song in the show it would be his last.

I challenged Erin to go on a sugar fast with me, I asked her coincidently when she was eating cream cheese frosting out of the can with a spoon.  She said she would think about it.  Then the next day was Addie's bday and she said she had decided that that might be a good idea considering the Alumni Game is in 6 wks and she hasn't done much physically.  She vowed she wouldn't be one of those that came back fat and out of shape.  Well, she got home from work and I was gone picking up kids and she said she was pretty much on board with the idea, and then she saw Addie's bday cake, a package of glazed donuts and bags of Halloween  trick or treat candy. She thought it was a conspiracy.  We started this week...so "we" will see.

Cody took Vivian Neff to the Homecoming Dance.  She's from Ruby Valley- cute cowgirl,  so they both dressed up like hicks.  They looked cute though.  They had dinner at one of the guys in their groups house and I contributed a Blue Cheese Salad.  I made his flowers, and his date got a free tickets to the dance, so he got off pretty cheap.

We had New Beginnings/Evening in Excellence last night and Summer was one of the girls who will be a new Beehive next year, is that hard to believe or what?  Phase 2 of the Nielsen Girls are moving up.


Well, hope you have a great week, love you tons,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment