Hermana Nielsen,
Feliz pascua. We hope you had a great easter with lots of investigators. We had a good busy week here. I got back from Reno Tuesday night around 7 pm. I made it through another tax season. With all the activities of the kids, the tax seasons seem to get harder and harder trying to find time to get them all done. I believe I extended about 25 returns.
Cody's baseball team played Truckee on Friday and Saturday. Truckee's coach had died just 10 days earlier and was only 45 years old. But Friday's game, we had it in the bag with a comfortable lead and Elko took out their starting pitcher in the top of the 5th inning. And our relief pitchers could not throw strikes. They walked a bunch of batters and we went through 4 pitchers in 1 inning. Truckee scored 11 runs and we were behind by 8 points, but luckily we were able to get them all back and won by 1 run. Cody played center field but they had some one else batting for him. On Sat. he played both games and he was able to bat and went 3 for 3 with 2 sacrifices and I don't remember how many RBIs he had but at least 3 or 4. So he did a lot better. I think it is just a confidence thing with him. So now Elko is in 1st place in their league.
Summer had a softball game and that was the 1st time I had seen her play. She did REALLY well. She hit the ball every time, one was to deep right field. She is a little timid on the bases and does not know how to slide, but she did very well. She played short stop and threw a couple runners out. I think she is the 3rd best player on her team and that is really good considering that she has never played before. He team won as well.
Then we came home and went to the church as a family to clean the church. We got done about 10:30 pm. It was another busy saturday from 5 am to 10:30 pm. I had done all the papers that morning as mom was subbing 3 routes for some other guy on court street and it took her almost 3 hours to do. So I did both of our routes and let Cody rest for his games.
Sunday was a good day. We had high counsel sunday and brother barker and Jacob Lewis spoke and the new sister missionary they were all very good talks. Mom made a good easter dinner and we were suppose to have someone over but we asked a bunch of people and every one had other plans, so we ate alone. Cody and I went and visited 2 of our families.
Sierra Atoa, I think is struggling a little. All her non-member friends are turning against her and she has not been to church in 2 weeks. I am a little worried about her. The missionaries asked us to have a new member discussion in our home and I texted her to find out when and she never returned my text. I hope the LDS youth can step up and gather around her. I guess this all started at prom and all her friends were bagging on her, so she ended up going home at 11 pm. Another sheep we will have to try and rescue.
Well we love you and are glad you are serving a mission. How will you be able to communicate with us on mothers day in a few weeks. I was hoping you would still be with Hermana Galo so I could talk to her in spanish. Have a super week.
Love DAD
Dearest Hermana Nielsen,
How was your Easter Weekend? I am excited to hear about your new companion. Sister Galo seemed like such a good natured sweetie, but change is good and you will learn something from each companionship. Your Espanol will also improve with each native speaker you have.
Happenings at Home....
Our neighbor Lindsey, (Sandy and Quinton's daughter) had her car hit right out on the curb, parked in front of their house. We noticed it was banged up pretty bad, and I thought she had been in a wreck, but Amber got the story direct from Lindsey because they both work at Golds Gym together. Lindsey said she had just got home and had gone inside (it was late) and she heard a big noise and went outside and there was her car all smashed (I think it's totaled) and the person had driven off. I noticed skid marks right in front. It appears someone just lost control coming up around the corner by Finleys. I thought, 'That could have been Walter'. I think we will park the bug on the side by the mailbox for protection. There are alot of crazy drivers out there. I noticed just a couple of days ago, someone had run over the stop sign on the corner of Westwood and W. Sage. If there hadn't been a tree (it took a beating) behind the stop sign, the car would have plowed into the truck parked in the driveway of that corner house. Speaking of cars I saw the pink "Wendy Bug" driving with a for sale sign in the window.
Wed. I went with the girls to a family 4-H Easter egg hunt at Adobe. It was fun, we cleaned up.
Friday, Cody had the first of a triple header baseball game with Truckee. It was a long game, I left to go home and start dinner and Dad stayed and we barely won. Then Sat. I subbed 3 paper routes for some guy I had never met that got my name from another guy I had subbed for. It took me 2 1/2 hours! I was doing just off a route sheet. If I ever sub again I will make sure that they give me a map and the order they go, it's just too hard going in unaware like that.
Cody played more games on Sat. and we won pretty convincingly. He broke his poor batting streak. I hadn't washed his baseball pants, so he wore a different pair that had elastic on the bottom, to be worn more like knickers. I told him it was the "Lucky" Knickers that helped him. He hit one all the way to deep center, but it was caught, but the runner at 3rd was able to tag up and run in for a score.
Saturday was such a crazy busy day. Cody had his two games, Carly went to a birthday party and then Summer had a softball game in SC, and she did really well. Dad says besides the pitcher and catcher she is the 3rd best player out there. She had a good hit to right field, and even scooped a grounder when she was playing shortstop, and threw the batter out at 1st. At the end of all that we still had to do our cleaning ass. at the church that night. Then I had to go shopping for Easter dinner. We did have a nice relaxed easter, we didn't have anyone over, we wanted to, it just didn't happen.
Saturday was such a crazy busy day. Cody had his two games, Carly went to a birthday party and then Summer had a softball game in SC, and she did really well. Dad says besides the pitcher and catcher she is the 3rd best player out there. She had a good hit to right field, and even scooped a grounder when she was playing shortstop, and threw the batter out at 1st. At the end of all that we still had to do our cleaning ass. at the church that night. Then I had to go shopping for Easter dinner. We did have a nice relaxed easter, we didn't have anyone over, we wanted to, it just didn't happen.
Well, I love yoou! Have a great week, Mom
PS Mr. Fischer gave you/us $40. for your grad. gift that they just kept forgetting to give you. If you want to shoot me a quick thank you email, I will forward it to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment