Hola Hermana Nielsen,
Como fue tu semana? Espero que bien. I am writing you from Reno today. I drove down yesterday and I am attending a WASFAA conference here until Tuesday. I got a later start than I wanted and was only able to go to the 4th ward yesterday to partake of the sacrament. The conference started at 1 yesterday and I got here about 1:30 pm. On my way here, I saw a dead beaver on the highway and it looked somewhat fresh, so I had to find a place to turn around and go back and check it. I was thinking a beaver pelt would be a great addition to our hide collection. But when I got to it, it was stinking really bad, so I had to leave it there. That took about 15 minutes extra.
Well I will be glad when tomorrow is over and I have extended or finished all my tax returns. I took Friday and Monday off from work to work on taxes. Cody's baseball team played Fallon on Friday and Sat. for 3 games and beat them all 3 games. Fallon is a good team and in 2nd place in league, so that was a good sweep for them. Cody played all 3 games, but is really struggling at the plate. He went 0-6 or 7 and struck out every time. He is thinking about it too much and trying too hard to get a hit. He just needs to relax and have fun and hit the ball. He says he kills the ball in practice, but it is a mental thing now. He did really well in center field. He covers a lot a ground and made 2 diving catches. So his defense is great and his offense struggles. Jacob conklin did really well at the plate. He hit a home run, 2 or 3 doubles and had about 7 runs batted in. Elko also played Spring Creek on Tuesday and lost 1-0. I guess there were only 2 hits for each team. We looked dead in that game, no emotion.
On Thursday, mom, Summer and I went to hear a guy talk at the convention center who survived the nazi prison camps. He was 6 years old and one of the guards took him home with him and he was this guys slave for 7 years. 4 years after the war had ended, he was found by the us army. But he said, he biggest regret is not having a family or any one that loved him. He told the kids, that if you ever say I hate my mom and dad or something like that, he said, give your family to me as I never had one growing up. It was kind of sad. He said to this day, he does not sleep well at a night and his bed covers are all in knots when he wakes up in the morning.
Then Sat. night was prom night and Cody took Cassie Gibbons and she looked gorgeous. He dad said that this was the most expensive prom ever. Their entire family came up from Fresno CA to bring Cassie for the date. And her dad said, only for Cody would they have done this. They are really nice people and we just love their family. Her dad also said, he wished he had a son that was your age as well. I think they had a lot of fun. They got home at 3 am. There were 5 couples in their group. But cody and cassie made a handsome couple. They really looked good together. I told mom, if we could pick out the inlaws for our son, we would pick the Gibbons family. They are great people.
Well that is about all I can remember for the week. I got to get more taxes done. We love you and pray for you daily. We hope you spanish is getting better every day. But you really need to study the grammar as well to learn all the basic foundation. "Have a super week, study hard, learn a lot and choice the right, and return with honor."
Love DAD
Dearest Hernana Nielsen,
This has been a good week, busy for Dad with taxes and all, but lots of good stuff happening.
The little girls had parent teacher conferences and Summer's teachers said she is doing really well, but she has discovered the boys in class and has become quite social. She's really quiet about it, but when she gets caught "off task" her red face gives her away. Silly Summer. She and Carly have been competing with me for the IPod. They like to Snapchat their friends and watch Youtube videos, mostly of the Frozen movie where they sing along with movie clips. Adelaide is really into everything too. She can find them all by herself and entertains her self for a long time watching Frozen, Barbie, etc. She tells the Microphone what she wants to see, since she can't spell. Amber says we need to teach her how to do family history.
Carly had a good P/T conference review also. I think her teacher really likes her and is very happy with her reading improvement.
Summer has her first softball game today in Wells. She is really excited for it. She has the whole uniform and team hoodie and she's really liking softball.
Cody's baseball team played Fallon here over the weekend. We beat them all 3 games. Even 10 run mercy ruled them the last 2 games. Cody had a great diving catch in the outfield, but is still struggling at the plate. He was walked a couple of times, but mostly he strikes out. If we could get him to connect, he would whack that thing for sure. Three wins is still good. He lost one of his contacts while trying to put it in--it fell off his finger and he couldn't find it. So, he's kind of Cyclopsing right now.
Sat. we went to the annual credit union mtg. We didn't win any big money, but the little girls got their $25 envelopes. The Gouldings won a $300 gift card in the adult drawing. Dad teased them that his favorite restaurant is The Star. They actually said if it wasn't for us telling them about this meeting they would never had won, so I think they do want to take us out to Flying Fish sometime.
Well, Prom went really well. Kassi and her family came up and they all met at the Gouldings for Pics. She looked really beautiful--they all did! What a sharp group. Then they went to A.J.'s for dinner. All the moms of the boy contributed to the meal. It was chinese themed, so I made Hot and Sour Soup and dipped fortune cookies in chocolate and then added sprinkles on top. Cody drove the bug to AJ's then they all piled in a motor home the Jordans own and they drove to the dance in that. He said it was so fun in the RV. We went and watched the SR walk, and Cody and Kassi got to do that. They were cute. Dad told the Gibbons parents how much he appreciated them going to the expense of bringing Kassi up and they said "Only for Cody, If it had been anyone else we would have said NO". They had some activities planned for after the dance and the next morning I asked Cody when he got home and he said 3am! I guess they went out to the Shelleys and played around there. I told him there were benefits to being the 4th child, we seem to be mellowing with each kid. Maybe just getting too tired!
Sunday night we watched "The Saratov Approach" for FHE. Its about 2 missionaries kidnapped in Russia and held for ransom. Vivian came over and watched it with us. Amber kept talking to the TV. She didn't agree with everything the missionaries were doing in their situation and kept saying, "Oh Elders!" Their captor asked them to pray for him and she said, "No, offer to pray WITH him right now!" It was kind of funny.
I hope you have a great week, can't wait to hear about it. How do you get to communicate with us on Mother's Day?
I love you, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment