Monday, September 8, 2014

Hola Hermanita Nielsen

Hola Hermanita Nielsen,
 
Just a clarrification.  It wasn't the Espinels calling you Hermanita, it was the Hermana Lopez and her family. We were wondering why they referred to you as hermanita when you tower above all of them.
 
We are excited about your new assignment.  That sounds great.  My membership number is 000-2159-6409.  Mom will give you hers.
 
We had a good, fun, exciting week.  I am feeling overwhelmed with all I have to do with my accounting class, cody's elk hunt, projects at work and, tax returns due next week.
 
Cody and the football team beat Wooster on Friday night 42-27.  Cody played offensive guard and linebacker.  He played the entire game except for special teams.  It was an 8 point game with 5 minutes to play and Elko shut them down and scored right at the end of the game.  Cody got home at 4:30am and we left to go elk hunting.  He was tired.  We hiked 14.28 miles on saturday.
 
We had a good hunt last Monday.  We did not see any thing all day.  We hiked around following elk prints and got back to the truck at just about dark.  While we were at the truck we heard an elk bugle and he was close, so we tried to call him in close in less than 5 minutes.  I was cow calling and Cody was moving in for the shot.  The elk was bugling and answering my calls.  But Cody came around an opening and their the bull was at 30 yards looking right at him.  He ran off and I cow called again and he stopped again and Cody shot but shot low and hit a branch.  But it was all fun. He was a nice bull, probably about the size of mine of larger.
 
On Sat. when we were driving to our spot a herd of about 5 elk and a nice 6 point bull crossed the road in front of us.  Cody jumped out and tried to get a shot, but the elk kept running and would not stop.  So we followed them and found about 200 elk, with about 15 large bulls running around and bugling like crazy.  We tried to put a sneak on some, but nothing was happening.  We jumped up 3 spike elk about 10 yards away, and had a shot at 116 yards, but Cody thought that was too far.  But that was one of the neatest things I have ever experienced.  Hearing all the cow elk talking and there were about 10 different herds, but they were all together.  But then we found out we were on no trespassing land.  At night we went back to that spot and they were still bugling.  But it is very hot during the day and on the 1st hour of day light and last hour at night are productive.  He only has 1 more weekend to fill his tag.
 
BYU beat Texas 41-7 on Sat. and Texas was ranked 24th in the nation.  That was at Texas, so that was a good game.
 
Well we love you and pray for you daily.  You are almost at the 1/2 way point.  Keep working as hard as you can and enjoy every minute as it will all be over before you know it.
 
Have a super week.
 
Love DAD 

 


We are back in the swing of things now with school.  Summer is adjusting well to Adobe.  She thinks PE is hard and she is scared of Ms. Gibson, but I told her, "You're a Nielsen, she's going to love you."  Last friday they did these different stations of exercises, it was called "Max out Friday"... a lot of running and push-ups and stuff.  I guess you are just supposed to give it your all.  Summer said it was really hard, but she didn't want to quit because she was afraid she would get yelled at.  Ms. Gibson recognized her effort because she said to everyone,"You guys need to have the self-discipline of this 7th grader!"  I told her she was in good with Ms. Gibson and not to worry about it anymore.


Cody got his license!!!!! He took the Camry, we were a little worried because the check engine light was on and at the last minute I realized we didn't have the current insurance card in there, so Dad had to call and have them fax one over to his office and we picked it up before we headed over there.  Then when they added up his hours, he was short.  I think we may have been missing a paper.  It brought back memories of when you were short nighttime hours and we had to convert some of the regular hours to PM  or AM because we counted driving to seminary.  She let me fill out another paper right there, since it was obvious he had had his permit for 2yrs and very likely had enough hours.  She said they had to be "logged", so we logged them right there.  Whew!  I think she was a little perturbed, and I hoped she wouldn't flunk him on purpose, but he passed.  Ya hoo!  Except he doesn't have a car to drive right now.  The Bug is getting a new starter; its at the mechanics place, Amber drives the Camry and I think we will let her take that to Rexburg.  So, he will either drive the Bug or Trooper, I will let he and Dad work that one out.

I am getting a group together to do preschool with Addie, one more year and she will be a school girl--hard to believe.  She said to me the other day, "I'm glad I am not a boy, because they pee weird." ????

Cody went to Reno to play Wooster in football last friday night.  He and Benton and one other kid are playing their regular defensive positions, but Coach Sellers saw some weakness in the offensive line and decided to put those 3 big boys in their to help bolster the line, so he is playing on offence and defense--no rest.  But, it is helping, they beat Wooster 42-27.  Jason Wilson had 3 touch downs.  We play Sparks at here on Fri. for the home opener.  Cody got home at 2am  and we left the Trooper over there parked at the school, so he could drive himself home. (lovin' it) Then he and Dad got up at 4am and went hunting for his elk.  They saw alot of elk, just none they could legally shoot.  Dad's letter will give you the details.  Amber went to a YSA conference in Reno over the weekend and had a good time.

I am excited for your new assignment.  I think that will be awesome.   Mucho Amore, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment