Hola Hermana Nielsen,
We were sad to think that you and Hermana Bott are not companions any more. We love her through you. Last week was a good week. We had PAL practice and games almost everyday. We had a PAL game on Wed. and won that game, that was our 1st win. But we got blown out on Thursday and Sat. The girls kind of drive me nuts. We had 2 twins on the team that are lazy and goof around all the time. We can't have a serious practice, but I try to remember that it is PAL and it is suppose to be fun for everyone. So I let a lot of things go that I would otherwise nip in the bud.
Elko played spring creek on Tuesday and won but 20-30 points. We also played Lowry on Sat. and won by 21 points. Cody had 4 points in that games. So Elko went 16-0 in league play and beat every team by 21 points or more. Klekas said he has never had a team that beat every league game by more than 21 points. They had a few really nice write ups for the fab 5 this past week and with it being senior night on saturday. We are going to miss watching those boys play as we have watched them for many years. We play Fallon in Fallon this Friday in REgionals. In fact, both the spring creek teams, boys and girls play Lowry and both Elko teams play Fallon this Friday in Regionals. So we will be heading to Fallon this weekend.
I took the suburban in and it would cost $7,200 to get it fixed. So we are waiting for the insurance companies to do their thing so we can get it fixed.
Amber surprised us and came home Friday night for the 3-day weekend. She told mom she might come home, but was not sure. But we had a good relaxing day on Sat. Valentines day, went to the basketball games, and then afterwards, we all went to Costa Vida for our Valentines dinner. It was good, but it was fun to be together as a family. We have been enjoying some wonderful weather. Mid 60's, this past week. We are loving it.
Well have a super week. Today is President's day, so I had the day off work. I will work on taxes and make Amber some jerky to take back to school. We love you and pray for you daily.
Love Dad
Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,
We had a surprise visitor knock on our door Friday night at about 9pm... it was Amber! I was the only one who knew she might come for the 3 day Presidents' Day weekend. She had 3 options--us, Utah, or Star Valley, WY to spend the weekend with a coworker who lives there. I'm glad she chose us. (Dad just told me that my first attempt just sent to you all... I hit something and thought I had lost it, but apparently I just I just sent a "teaser" so now I will continue) :)
This past week, let's see what happened? .... We had PAL games for Summer, they won their first one last Wed. Dad was coaching and he got them to do this half court trap that was pretty affective and they got a lot of turnovers from it. They had another one the next night and Dad said they were really good (from SC) and thought they looked like a AAU team. Our girls did their best, but they were all really skilled. One of our players broke her nose. I didn't go, because this same girls' Mom invited me to play with her church ball team at the East Stk center. I don't think I had played competitively since Carly was a baby and played with Laura Cooper's city league team. I was kind of rusty to say the least. I got fouled alot because I just I just tried to power everything into the basket. I made 2/6 freethrows, about like Cody. No other buckets. :(
Elko played SC on tues. and we won by 21, we are playing well, but we need to do better on our freethrows. We played Lowry on Sat. for the last regular season game. They had a team dinner at the Carpenters' house and the Meo's asked me to bring some bread, so I made two pans of breadsticks and they devoured all of them. It was Valentines Day and Senior Day, so Cody bought some flowers to present to me when we were introduced with him. Lowry played us better, but we still won by 20 or so. Coach told the boys they have beaten every team in our league by at least 20 and that that was quite an accomplishment. We went 16-0 in league and now we will play Fallon at Fallon in the first round of Regions this Fri. Go Indians! The Paper did a nice right up on the "Fab Five" as they call them. It was quite complimentary and pointed out what a unique group they are and all that they have accomplished since they started all this back in 3rd grade.
Sister Pickerell came to visit this weekend too. She came to the game and got to see a lot of people, including Whitney, whom she said acted a bit awkward with her. We went to Costa Vida for dinner to celebrate - Valentines, Amber being here and Cody's last home game of his high school career. (I had a coupon too)
We had the Elders for dinner and Sister Pickerell came over to chat some more and then Jacob Conklin ate with us as well. It was a fun night, lots of food, laughter and a good spirit.
Adelaide update: She's really doing well in her swimming lessons, she will "swim" with her face in the water for about 5 ft. Last week she jumped in all by herself, and with a little assistance swam to the side. She was so cute one night, when saying her prayers. We had just returned from our trip to CA and she was trying to bless Grandpa and his leg that he broke and she couldn't quite get the right words out, she said, " Bless Mom's Grandpa... I mean Grandma's Dad... *(sigh)*....bless John's leg". She always cracks us up.
Hermana Bott's Dad should be leaving today with a package for you. I don't know when it will find it's way to you, but I hope you enjoy it. I love you so much and for all you are doing for your beloved Peruvians. Love, Mom
We had a surprise visitor knock on our door Friday night at about 9pm... it was Amber! I was the only one who knew she might come for the 3 day Presidents' Day weekend. She had 3 options--us, Utah, or Star Valley, WY to spend the weekend with a coworker who lives there. I'm glad she chose us. (Dad just told me that my first attempt just sent to you all... I hit something and thought I had lost it, but apparently I just I just sent a "teaser" so now I will continue) :)
This past week, let's see what happened? .... We had PAL games for Summer, they won their first one last Wed. Dad was coaching and he got them to do this half court trap that was pretty affective and they got a lot of turnovers from it. They had another one the next night and Dad said they were really good (from SC) and thought they looked like a AAU team. Our girls did their best, but they were all really skilled. One of our players broke her nose. I didn't go, because this same girls' Mom invited me to play with her church ball team at the East Stk center. I don't think I had played competitively since Carly was a baby and played with Laura Cooper's city league team. I was kind of rusty to say the least. I got fouled alot because I just I just tried to power everything into the basket. I made 2/6 freethrows, about like Cody. No other buckets. :(
Elko played SC on tues. and we won by 21, we are playing well, but we need to do better on our freethrows. We played Lowry on Sat. for the last regular season game. They had a team dinner at the Carpenters' house and the Meo's asked me to bring some bread, so I made two pans of breadsticks and they devoured all of them. It was Valentines Day and Senior Day, so Cody bought some flowers to present to me when we were introduced with him. Lowry played us better, but we still won by 20 or so. Coach told the boys they have beaten every team in our league by at least 20 and that that was quite an accomplishment. We went 16-0 in league and now we will play Fallon at Fallon in the first round of Regions this Fri. Go Indians! The Paper did a nice right up on the "Fab Five" as they call them. It was quite complimentary and pointed out what a unique group they are and all that they have accomplished since they started all this back in 3rd grade.
Sister Pickerell came to visit this weekend too. She came to the game and got to see a lot of people, including Whitney, whom she said acted a bit awkward with her. We went to Costa Vida for dinner to celebrate - Valentines, Amber being here and Cody's last home game of his high school career. (I had a coupon too)
We had the Elders for dinner and Sister Pickerell came over to chat some more and then Jacob Conklin ate with us as well. It was a fun night, lots of food, laughter and a good spirit.
Adelaide update: She's really doing well in her swimming lessons, she will "swim" with her face in the water for about 5 ft. Last week she jumped in all by herself, and with a little assistance swam to the side. She was so cute one night, when saying her prayers. We had just returned from our trip to CA and she was trying to bless Grandpa and his leg that he broke and she couldn't quite get the right words out, she said, " Bless Mom's Grandpa... I mean Grandma's Dad... *(sigh)*....bless John's leg". She always cracks us up.
Hermana Bott's Dad should be leaving today with a package for you. I don't know when it will find it's way to you, but I hope you enjoy it. I love you so much and for all you are doing for your beloved Peruvians. Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment