Hola Hermana Nielsen
So how was this week. Our week was good. I spent Sunday through Tuesday night in San Diego. It was nice but I have another cold, so the flight was miserable with the pressure in my head. We did not see any thing outside the hotel in san diego. I got home about 10:15 pm Tuesday.
I took wednesday off to work on taxes and finish up all my extensions. I extended 22 returns this year. Cody played Fernley on Friday and Sat. They asked me if I would announce the rest of their home games. So now I am the "voice" of the Elko Indians baseball team. Elko won all 3 games. Friday's game was really close, we won by 1 point, Cody had 1 of 3 hits for Elko. He stole home to make the winning run and then he caught a ball in left field and threw the guy out at 2nd for a double play ball to end the game. On Sat. he only had 1 hit in the 2 games. I think he struck out 5 times over the weekend, so that is not good. But we won handedly in both games on saturday.
We had the annual EFCU deal on sat. but only the 3 younger kids won $25. each. That is still good. We just hung out at home and watched BYU mens volleyball team play on Friday and SAt night. They beat the number 1 team in nation Hawaii both nights.
Brother Welch and Sabrina and Whitney all spoke yesterday in our Sacretmeeting and the 2 girls sang a song. It was all very good.
Well we love you and hope you have a great week. Less than 2 months keep sprinting to the finish line. Cody is having us all learn a work of the day in Togalog. So that is fun.
Havae a great week.
Dad
Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,
Looking back over my calender of this last week, it seems it was just another week. There were a few highlights; Summer was in the Production of "Savior of the World", which concluded on tuesday night and that's the night we attended. It was quite good, it was a musical about the birth and then the resurrection of Christ. Summer didn't have a speaking part, but she sang in the chorus group and did a little dancing. She enjoyed doing it, but I think she was glad it was concluding. She is a busy girl. She is doing Indar and softball right now and some days she has to leave soccer a half hour early to get to softball practice and she said sometimes Ramon gives her the "stink eye" when she leaves early. We haven't been going to any tournaments with Indar this year; I told them since Cody was a senior we would be going to his games and that after this year we would be more involved. Next year we won't have any kid in high school, so that will be kind of different, we will have a year off and then Summer will be a freshman (!)
I was subbing a paper route on Monday and I was walking up a driveway that had an uneven seam in the concrete and I rolled my ankle over. I heard a little crunching noise and new I had probably sprained it, but how bad I wasn't sure. I kept doing the route and it felt OK. When I got home an hour later and sat for a bit, is when it started to get really stiff and sore.
I limped around for a few days, but by Fri. it was much stronger and I wasn't limping. It's still swollen, but getting better everyday.
Cody had baseball games against Fernley this weekend here in Elko. We swept them 3-0. We are pretty assured they are going to Regionals. Benton Whickersham is back playing and looks pretty healthy. I told you he was sick during the last part of basketball season. Cody has been in a hitting slump and has struck out more than usual, but he made a great diving catch in the outfield to catch a foul ball wide left. I wasn't there to see this one-- but I guess he was running back to catch a ball and the ground out there in left field is kind of uneven and starts to slope up as you near the back fence and he tripped and was falling down, as the ball was coming down and thought he still had a chance to make the play. He almost caught it, but it hit the top of his mitt and then bounced up and hit him in the head. He has kind of a red mark on his forehead from it. He said Jacob was cracking up. Dad was asked to be the announcer for the rest of the home games. I guess the other guy who was doing it didn't want to do it anymore. His first game he was kind of shy and they told him to talk louder, but now he's getting the hang of it and feeling more relaxed. It's kind of nice because we get to watch the game from the booth now--out of the wind when its cold and out of the sun when its hot. Good deal.
I went to a really nice RS stk conference on Sat. Sadie Gouding was one of the speakers and the theme was "Women who Know", it was really good. Rachel Moore was in charge of the lunch and it was really good and done well. They prepared everything ahead of time and had it in a cute box lunch. Sat. was also the annual credit union meeting, but we didn't win anything--just free donuts and the little girls got their envelopes with $25 in them.
I hope you have a wonderful week, and yes you were absolutely right about Dad singing "Lilies of the Field" around the house at conference time. You know your father well.
I love you my dear, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment