Hola Hermanita Nielsen,
I can't believe we are in June already. Where did May go? This past week, went by quickly again. With all of Cody's Senior activities, the weeks are flying by too quickly. Monday was a holiday and we just stayed around the house and I worked in the basement. There is still alot to do. Tuesday was the senior solos. Cody did a dance with Rebecca Eardly. It was one of the best performances of the night. Becca turned Cody into a real dancer. They did very well. It was like a slow ballet classical dance, but he did well. He did not sing, but it was probably better with his mouth all swollen from his teeth.
On Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday we had discussions in our home with the Filipino family the shoemans. The 14 year girl is asking for more time. Their date is the 13th of June and she feels that they are not ready yet. So on Sat. night, the discussion was all about the missionaries asking the same questions over and over about the baptism. I was not too impressed. I do not think the family has taken time to really read and pray about it and find out the truthfulness for themselves. But the missionaries don't see that. I think it is a little too quick as well. They are very busy and have not put forth the effort to really know.
The entire family with 2 of their grandkids went to church with us on Sunday and they all came over for dinner afterwards. There were 6 of them. Summer had a softball game on Friday and they lost but the had a make up game yesterday and Summer did not play and they beat Carlin, their 1st win and now the season is over.
On Thursday, Elko HS had their seniors awards night and I had to give out the GBC scholarships. Cody got the millenium and some other athlectic scholarship from the US army. That did not get over until 9:30 pm.
We had our fast sunday yesterday as our stake conference is next week. Did you hear that L. Tom Perry for the 12 passed away on Sat. He was suppose to speak to all the bishops and stake presidents in Nevada on Sat. and passed away from cancer. He was 92. He was in the temple with the brethren on Tuesday and died on Sat. I will miss him. And Elder Scott is not very good either. He does not attend any of their meetings.
On Saturday, we worked around the house and cleaned up some things. I worked on taxes. Cody had S-day on Friday and sat. Last night Cody had his seminary graduation. He was 1 of 5 from the west stake that graduated with honors all 4 years. 3 of those 5 were from the 3rd ward, Rose Harris, Reagan Goulding, and Cody. The other 2 were Landon Howe and Trevor Stone. I was surprized there were not more with honors.
We finished watching the District for family home evening last night. I love those episodes. It makes me want to be out there preaching and being a missionary again.
Well one more week of school for the kids. Keep working hard and enjoy every second of this special time in your life when you are a special representative of the Lord. Do not take it for granted. We love you and pray for you daily. I have to go to LAs Vegas today for meetings. I will be back on Wed.
Have a super week.
Love
Dad
Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,
I can't believe there is only one more week of school. Monday was Memorial Day and I can't even remember what we did.
It was rainy all that weekend so, I'm sure a lot of camp outs got rained out. I think we just hung out at home, and cleaned stuff. Tuesday was the Senior Solos and Cody and Jacob were going to sing a song from Napoleon Dynamite, but Ms. Rogers gave it the ax, because it wasn't a real song. It was the Kip, "Technology" Song from the very end of the movie. Cody did do a dance duet with Becca Eardley that had all these lifts and it was really good. They practiced a lot and it showed. They danced while Nick Palacio sang the song "Evergreen" while he played his guitar. Its a popular song right now. They got a standing ovation. We recorded it on the video camera, so you can see it.
Kenzie Gowans and her mom went out and took some pictures of Cody for his Sr. pictures. They really wanted to do it, and had asked him a bunch of times when he wanted to go out and have a photo shoot. I haven't looked at them all, but I think they will be fine. I wish you could have taken them (and maybe you still can) I love your creativity. His cheeks were almost normal then. He asked me to trim his hair the day before and I "cut" instead of trimmed it, so his hair was a kind of short, and he couldn't get it to spike on top, but I think he still looked good.
Thursday was the Scholarship Night for the Seniors and Cody got a scholarship! It was the Army Athlete. He said he got called down to Mrs. Huey's office and she had him fill out this scholarship right there and that was the one he was awarded. I'm not sure how much it is. There were a couple I really thought he had a chance for, but the criteria said that you had to be going to a college in the Fall, so he missed out. Danial Groff got this Lineman Scholarship and he hardly played! That one would have been a shew in for Code. He ended up with a 3.68 GPA (.2 away from the Gold category, which is 3.7-3.9 ) I told him to make Ms. Rogers give you a grade for being her T.A. Leigha Zeiszler was the clean up senior, who seemed to get the most awards.
Vivian Neff and Megan Ackerman came to visit us. The Neff family just got back from 3 weeks in France--vacationing and visiting her Mom's family that lives there. Megan said she will reapply to go out on a mission in Jan. Candace Phillips is home, she came home 6 months early for medical reasons.
Seminary Graduation was last night and Cody was one of the 5 grads. from our ward who received honors all 4 yrs. !!!!
I'll conclude with the latest Addie story: It was Wednesday and I had her take a bath before she was supposed to go to preschool, and then she would not get dressed. I would suggest something and she would, "poo poo" it. Finally, I left her room and told her, she would just have to figure it out for herself. I went back in there an hour later and she was in bed, under the covers, asleep! Round 2, still no, progress. I had to cross guard at 11 am and she still wasn't dressed, so I grabbed some clothes, picked up her naked body and put "them" all in the car and told her, " Maybe this will make it easier for you, here's your choice--Naked or these clothes" . She eventually put them on in the car when we got to the school. She told me later that she didn't want to go to Preschool that day, because she was going to be late and the boys make fun of her when she's late and it's embarrassing and makes her face hot. Such a silly!
I love you so much! Have a great week, I know you are pouring it on. Love, Mom
PS Summer's team won a softball game. It was in their make-up game that they played yesterday and she didn't go because it was Sunday, but it was the last game of the season-- success!
No comments:
Post a Comment