Sunday, May 24, 2015

Rainy, rainy weekend

Hola Hermana Nielsen 

Magandang Umaga 

I think I spelled that wrong last time.  Well the time is just flowing by.  I can't believe we are almost done with May.  This week went by quickly.  I took vacation days Wed. through Friday. Summer had a softball game on Tuesday and they lost again.  They still have not won a game.  It has been raining all week.  We need the rain as we did not get hardly any snow.  Yesterday our basement was flooding as it was so wet.  On Friday, it was senior skip day and Cody and I drove to Utah to have his wisdom teeth pulled.  We left about 5:30 am.  He got them all pulled on Friday and now is chubby chubby bunny. He did not say any thing crazy but he said when he was coming out of it, a nurse was working with him and she was singing a song that was playing on the radio and he said, Oh, I like that song and I guess the two of them were singing that song.  He can't remember what the song was, but I would have liked to be in there listening to those two singing.  When the wheeled him out, he was talking alot, but did not say anything crazy.  He started to get up out of the wheel chair in their office and they said, no you can't get out, we need to take you to the car and he said, Great.  We then went to Mens Warehouse to buy some slacks for his mission.  We did a little shopping at Costco and went to Charlene's but she was not there.  Cassidy Nielsen is getting married July 30 or something.  But we came back to Elko and got home around 7 pm.  He mouth was hurting so he had to take the pain medication and that knocked him right out.  He went over to Leigh Zisler's with a bunch of seniors to play games that night.

On Sat. I worked on the basement and we just hung out and worked inside as it was raining outside.  Yesterday was a good day at church.  The Fillipino family went to church with us including the mom.  We had the Bauman family over for dinner with the missionaries.  Sister Bauman had subbed mom's paper route when we were gone and did not let us pay her any thing.  We had a Bishop's youth discussion last night as well and Cody and I went and visited 2 families for home teaching.  Today we are going to work around the house.  It is suppose to get up to 81 today.  So that will be nice.

I can't think of much more that is happening.  Have a super day and keep working hard.  It was a year ago today that we decided to go to Hawaii on the spur of the moment.
We love you, and pray for you daily.
Love Dad




Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,


I received your  Mothers' Day card last Monday.  That was the most wonderful letter.  Thank you so much!  I especially liked the part where you said you couldn't believe I was so spiritual and I didn't even serve a mission.  That was a compliment :)  It was a very precious.  We have been a very blessed family.  I don't know quite what the families are like there, but it sounds like there is some turmoil and people are not getting along.  I think that all you kids have a great relationship with each other--you have never fought or yelled at each other.  That was always a goal of mine was to have a home of peace.
Cody is now done with all after school activities, or so we thought... He and Becca Eardley are doing a dance for the Sr. Solo.  She didn't want to sing and Ms. Rogers OK'd her dancing instead, so she asked Cody to be her partner.  They have been rehearsing after school.  Cody finally fulfilled Sabrina Welch's life long wish to go on a date.  They doubled with Becca and Caden Gunnell.  They are no longer rivals now and they talked about their missions and stuff.  Cody and Dad went over to Utah on Fri. and Cody got his wisdom teeth taken out.   He has pretty full jowls now.  He takes his pain pill and then sleeps a lot, (it makes him drowsy)

We have had rain the past 4 days and it rained  hard and thundered while we were at church and when it comes down that fast it always gets in the basement because our raingutters over flow and then it looks like a waterfall coming off the house and it tends to go in the window well and leak inside.  We love the rain though, it has bee so dry.

Dad has been tinkering around in the basement, I'm not sure exactly what he is doing down there, but we are getting closer to some basement action, just by him being down there.
We had the missionaries over for dinner along with the Baumanns.  Jeannie did our paper routes while we were away at state baseball and said she didn't need to be paid so I invited their family over for dinner. They really appreciated that since they are in the middle of a Kitchen remodel.
 Hope you have fantastic week, we sure love you.
love, Mom
PS Cody wants more ties, he loves the ones you gave him

No comments:

Post a Comment