Hola Elder Nielsen,
This past week was a blur. I had my accounting class on Monday and did not get home until 10 pm. I also had to finish up all the rest of the tax returns and I did that on Wednesday night and early Thursday morning the 15 of October. So now I can take a huge breath of relaxation. I am glad that is all over.
On Wednesday, I got up at 3:00 am to go to Las Vegas for training. My leg was really hurting me. I pulled a muscle in my calf. It feels like some one hit me with a baseball bat in the back of the thigh. But it hurts all the time. And I could hardly walk. I got back late Friday night. I was going to go to the Elko game, but it was already half time and they were up big. BYU was playing that night and I watched it on BYUTV. They beat Cincinnati 38-24. Utah played Sat. and beat Arizona State and they are ranked 3rd in the Nation.
Mom went to the temple on Sat. and I was going to go hunting with the 3 younger girls, but with my leg, I could hardly walk, so I stayed home and rested my leg. Chelsea called and had her baby, David Brian Decker. I guess mom and son are doing great.
On Sunday, Hernold and Eve and Aurora came to church with us and then came over to eat dinner with us. They spent 6 hours here, visiting. Aurora is really cute. They are doing great. Hernold is a high councilor now in Ely.
Well, mom said we received your letter, so I will hurry and get this off. The missionaries came over to visit so I was talking to them about spanish branch members and did not finish this letter. But hopefully you will still get it. We love you and pray for you daily.
Have a super week.
Love DAD
My Dear Elder Nielsen,
You are an Uncle! Chelsea had her baby on Sat. at about 1:30 in the afternoon. I was gone all that day on a temple trip to SL temple with about 100 Relief Society sisters from the stake. I got home at about 8:30pm and the girls were all excited when I walked in, and then they told me I was a Grandma! I talked to her that evening and she said everything went really well and that she was in labor about 16 hrs and did it all without any pain medication--what a woman! She sent pictures and he is really cute--lots of light colored hair. That is quite exciting for our family. She will I'm sure fill in all the details (probably more than you will want to know) when she does her blog.
Hernold Kinsel and his wife Eve came to Elko today. They were out camping last night and then came to town and went to our ward and we had them over for dinner. They had their baby girl and her name is Aurora and she is really cute and a good natured. I cooked an elk roast (thank you Chelsea) and it turned out really good and tender. Dad was going to peel potatoes, but when we went to the potato bin there was only one potato in there, so we just had food storage instant potatoes and that was still good.
Chelsea had her birthday on Mon. She said she had a fun day, it was Columbus day and Brian actually had that day off for the holiday and so he was able to spend it with her and do all the things she wanted to do. Adelaide had her birthday party at McDonalds on thurs. She/I invited a couple of her kindergarten classmates and they played around, had happy meals, cupcakes, opened presents and then I took them all to school for afternoon kinder. It was really fun and easy. I think the big girls were a bit jealous, they said they never even imagined having a party at mickey D's. The youngest truly does get spoiled.
Friday was her actual Bday, but it was also picture day at school and I didn't think the parents would appreciate their kid getting "play place crazy hair" or a big blop of ketchup on the front of their shirt just before pictures. That night the Simons had a little Halloween Party. They made haunted gingerbread houses and decorated them. There was about 12 kids there and they had fun doing that. When they got home she opened the family presents and had a cake. She got some fashion boots, bubble bath, markers, Barbie sticker book and some gum. The Gouldings lent us the Cinderella Movie, so we watched that, Ads was really excited to watch it. Elko played So.Tahoe that night here at Warrior Field. I didn't go, but kind of listened to it on the radio and Sam Brown was screaming a lot, so I know we were scoring quite often. The final was 54-27 (the paper said) Benton had surgery in Salt Lake last tues. I guess it was worse than what they thought initially. That will do it for his high school career, kind of unfortunate.
Remember Sis. Tiechert? Comps with Sis. Purcell? She met us at the SL temple, when she heard that the Elko STk was coming over, she met us and did the session with us. She just got off her mission 3 wks ago.
I really enjoyed your last letter, you sound so solid and mature. I'm glad you enjoyed conference, I really enjoyed Holland's
talk as well--You really weren't that much trouble :) I liked the pictures of the gross egg you sent, but I like the ones with your face in them the best.
Well, I am sure a happy grandma and proud missionary mom, have a wonderful week, Love, Mom
You are an Uncle! Chelsea had her baby on Sat. at about 1:30 in the afternoon. I was gone all that day on a temple trip to SL temple with about 100 Relief Society sisters from the stake. I got home at about 8:30pm and the girls were all excited when I walked in, and then they told me I was a Grandma! I talked to her that evening and she said everything went really well and that she was in labor about 16 hrs and did it all without any pain medication--what a woman! She sent pictures and he is really cute--lots of light colored hair. That is quite exciting for our family. She will I'm sure fill in all the details (probably more than you will want to know) when she does her blog.
Hernold Kinsel and his wife Eve came to Elko today. They were out camping last night and then came to town and went to our ward and we had them over for dinner. They had their baby girl and her name is Aurora and she is really cute and a good natured. I cooked an elk roast (thank you Chelsea) and it turned out really good and tender. Dad was going to peel potatoes, but when we went to the potato bin there was only one potato in there, so we just had food storage instant potatoes and that was still good.
Chelsea had her birthday on Mon. She said she had a fun day, it was Columbus day and Brian actually had that day off for the holiday and so he was able to spend it with her and do all the things she wanted to do. Adelaide had her birthday party at McDonalds on thurs. She/I invited a couple of her kindergarten classmates and they played around, had happy meals, cupcakes, opened presents and then I took them all to school for afternoon kinder. It was really fun and easy. I think the big girls were a bit jealous, they said they never even imagined having a party at mickey D's. The youngest truly does get spoiled.
Friday was her actual Bday, but it was also picture day at school and I didn't think the parents would appreciate their kid getting "play place crazy hair" or a big blop of ketchup on the front of their shirt just before pictures. That night the Simons had a little Halloween Party. They made haunted gingerbread houses and decorated them. There was about 12 kids there and they had fun doing that. When they got home she opened the family presents and had a cake. She got some fashion boots, bubble bath, markers, Barbie sticker book and some gum. The Gouldings lent us the Cinderella Movie, so we watched that, Ads was really excited to watch it. Elko played So.Tahoe that night here at Warrior Field. I didn't go, but kind of listened to it on the radio and Sam Brown was screaming a lot, so I know we were scoring quite often. The final was 54-27 (the paper said) Benton had surgery in Salt Lake last tues. I guess it was worse than what they thought initially. That will do it for his high school career, kind of unfortunate.
Remember Sis. Tiechert? Comps with Sis. Purcell? She met us at the SL temple, when she heard that the Elko STk was coming over, she met us and did the session with us. She just got off her mission 3 wks ago.
I really enjoyed your last letter, you sound so solid and mature. I'm glad you enjoyed conference, I really enjoyed Holland's
talk as well--You really weren't that much trouble :) I liked the pictures of the gross egg you sent, but I like the ones with your face in them the best.
Well, I am sure a happy grandma and proud missionary mom, have a wonderful week, Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment