Sunday, October 11, 2015

Another couple of Birthdays this week

Hola Elder Nielsen,


Another week is in the books.  What did you think of conference?  It was great wasn't it?  This week blew by again.  I am getting hammered at work.  I have had all kinds of dead lines and the Dept. of Education is cracking down on us as we are not compliant in a couple of areas (Gainful Employment information), but the person who gives us that information works at Western Nevada College and she was off for a few days and then in training past week, so I am hoping to get all the info. and pass it on to the depart. of Ed.  They have sent 2 nasty emails to GBC's president about this, so it must be kind of important. But it is all on my head, so hopefully I can get it all done this week. Also, October 15th is the last day to finish all the extended tax returns, and I had about 13 left to get down.  I finished 2 last week and got about 3 or 4 more done this past weekend. But I still have about 8 more to finish.  Most of them I am still waiting on information to from the clients to finish.  But I worked all day long on them from about 8:30 am to 8:30 pm.  We did not got to Cassidy's and Tim's weddings this past week as it was too crazy and I need to get all this work done.  I would have been a worried basket case if I had gone worrying about all that needs to be done here.

I have to go to Las Vegas for training on Wednesday, so I have to get every thing done before then.  I have my class tomorrow night and I am not ready for class tomorrow night.  So tomorrow and Tuesday will be super busy and important for me.

We went to the Elko football game on Friday.  It was home coming and Elko played Lowry.  Lowry is terrible this year.  The only game they have won is against Dayton, and Dayton is yet to score a touchdown this year.  We did not get to the game until 7:30 and it was the end of the 1st quarter and Elko was up 21-0.  We ended up winning 42-6.  Benton Wickersham won home coming king and Brook Elquist won the queen.  Benton came in for 1 punt to end his high school career.  He punted the ball 50 yards. But he is scheduled for surgery this Tuesday.  I am not sure, but if it is an ACL, he will probably miss his entire senior year in sports.  We will have to see.  I am not sure how bad it is.

BYU had their home coming game and beat East Carolina with a touch down in the last 36 seconds.  They won 45-38.  East Carolina was 4-1 and the only game they lost was against Florida and they lost by only 1 touchdown.  BYU plays Cincinnati this week who is also not a bad team.

Summer's deer hunt started this past Monday, but we probably will not go out until after I get back from Vegas. It is still getting up to the 80's and is way too hot.  Mom is going on a temple trip this Sat., so it will be me and the 3 younger girls hunting.  I am not sure how well that will go.

I can't remember any thing else that happened this week.  I have been working until about 7pm every night.  So the days are long and the nights are short.

We love you and pray for you daily.  Keep working hard and do your very best to become the missionary the Lord would want you to be.  In my Sunday school lesson today, we learned how to invite others to come into Christ.  We need to make direct invitations like "Will you" and then followed up with the promised blessings and bear witness of the truthfulness of what we have challenge them to do.  Perhaps with those 3 things, you can get all your investigators to go to church and keep their commitments.

I did receive a couple new callings.  A couple weeks ago, the Bishop called me to serve as the Wellfare specialist in the ward.  So I will go meet with all the individuals asking for help from the church and set up budgets, and go over financial matters and plans with them.  And then this week, they called me to serve as 1st councilor in the Young Men's presidency. I was released from my Sunday School teacher position.  I enjoyed that job.  I love to teach and I love the lessons for the Youth. I learn way more than the students do.

Have a super week. I ran into Bruce Jonas at the game on Friday and he asked how you were doing and I said great.  And he said be sure and tell him that they are thinking about you and that you are in their prayers.  I thought that was great.  He is a super nice guy and needs to be active in the church.  He would make a great bishop.  Brother Lynn Warnick from our ward asked about you today as well. And I said you were doing great, and he said you would be great in what every you did as he had watched you grow up and was very impressed of the great young man you became.  He had lots a compliments about you.

Chelsea's birthday is tomorrow and Adelaide's is in 5 days.  I don't know who is more excited, the 26 year old or the 6 year old, but they both are very excited about their birthdays.  Addie has been jumping around like crazy these past few days.

Love,

DAD


Dearest Elder Nielsen,

It was Elkos Homecoming Week last week and we played Lowry.  They are not the team of the past, we went to the game and it was kind of boring, we won 42-6.  Kyren had a 30 yrd reception for a touchdown.  It was a beautiful night, quite warm. Julie Klekas was there , so I went and sat by her and talked to her for a few minutes.  She is doing well.  It takes her longer to process things when you talk to her, and she will say "She" when she means "He" sometimes, but it was so good to see her out in public.  She asked how you were doing and about Erin and the engagement.   She said Nathan is doing well and likes it there where is  playing.  The queen candidates were:  Siana Carsrud, Cassidy Daniels, Brooke Elquist, Jamie Harrell and Ashton Heathman.  Brooke was crowned queen.  The King candidates were: Tuff Carpenter, Creighton Cooper, Jacob Pengelly, Ian Nisbet, and Benton Wickersham-- Benton (no surprise) was the winner.  I heard that Creighton wore a kilt at the Beauty Pageant and had bag pipes and all.  I thought that was quite clever--still wearing a skirt, but a more manly skirt.

Adelaide had a dental appt. on tues.  It was to fill the cavity that was discovered at her cleaning appt. She was great.  She hardly moved a muscle. I asked her afterward if it hurt at all, and she told me, "Only when I wiggled my toes".  I did notice that on occasion her feet  would get a bit shifty.  Dr. Smith told her she was the best patient all week and she got 4 prizes!  Summer and Carly have their check up/cleaning appt. this week, so we will see how that comes out.

Cassidy Nielsen got married on Thurs. to Jacob ( the guy that looks like Hans)   and Timmy, he is going by "T.J." now, got married on Sat.  We wanted to go over for both of them, but it was really too hard mid week and Dad has been really busy with work and taxes so we let them know that we wished them well, but that we wouldn't be able to make it.  Sharon and  Brian are in Peru on a trip to Machu Pichu, so they were absent as well. 
Did you enjoy conference?  Those new apostles were so humble.  The Church is in good hands.  
Grandma Croft had her 80th birthday last monday and her brother Jay and his wife Peggy surprised her and made a trip out from Cache Valley to visit her and spend the weekend.  She said it was the best birthday ever.  Chelsea's birthday is tomorrow and Ads  will turn 6 years old on friday.   I hope you have a great week, I think about you and pray for you everyday and your sisters sure think a lot of you. We are so happy you are on your mission, but they have told me that they miss you.  Keep working hard and doing your very best.   Love, Mom 


No comments:

Post a Comment