Monday, July 11, 2016

Farmington, New Mexico

Dear Elder Nielsen

We had another good week. Monday was the 4th of July, so we just stayed and home and worked. We redid the blinds for the bay window. We repainted and restrung all the blinds in the middle section. We also made some home made ice cream. It never did harden up, but it was still good. We went over to the  college to watch the fireworks. They were good as always. But it was a very pleasant evening.

Tuesday I went to work after being gone for 3 days. On Wednesday, I had Jeff Zuag come over, the guy I do their taxes for in exchange for taxidermy. But he knows a lot about fixing bugs. So he came over and we pulled the engine out of the bug and put in a new clutch pad which had broken. But we got it all put back together and the bug will not start again. It seems to be the same problem we had before. So now we need to figure out why it is not starting. But we worked on it for 1/2 of a day. I also worked Thursday and Friday.

On Saturday morning, we showed Sadie Goulding the paper route so she could do it when we were gone. Then we were suppose to drop Chica off at the Smith's, house, but they were not going to be home for most of the time, so I did not feel comfortable leaving her alone. So we had been watching the Simon's dog all week and the Mieren's came and picked up their dog, and we asked them if they would watch Chica until the Simons got home Sunday night, and then the Simons would watch Chica. So we ended up leaving to Utah 1.5 hours later than we wanted. to leave. We went over to Utah up to Huntsville Utah for a Moon cousin reunion. It was beautiful up there. And we had a great time up there. The cousins are funny and crazy. But we had a fun time visiting and talking about family history, etc.

Afterwards, we went back and stayed with Sharon and Brian in their home. Then we got up at about 3:45 am  Elko time and drove down to Chelsea and Brian's. We got here before church, and went to church with them. They have a really good ward. Little David was sick on Friday night and had a seizure due to his high temperature, and that freaked Chelsea out and they took him to the emergency room and was there until 3 am.

We are glad to be here. We will be here until about Thursday or Friday. We know it is transfer day this week, so we will be hearing from you a little latter. But keep working hard and being exactly obedient in every thing. We love you and are happy you are serving the Lord. Serve him your very best.

Love you,

Dad


Dearest Elder Nielsen,
Well, we are in Farmington, NM tonight visiting Chelsea, Brian AND David.  We arrived this afternoon and made it in time to attend church with them at 1pm. They have a really nice ward.  The people were really friendly and told us how much they love the Deckers.  Two of the ladies in the ward couldn’t believe that I was Chelsea’s mom.  They thought that I was Chelsea’s sister and that Adelaide was her niece.  They were kind of blown away that I had a 26 yr. old daughter.  I told them that having little ones at my age was what kept me youthful.  Carly went with Summer to her Sunday school class and to YW (she snuck in there)  Then we came home and ate and Brian had prepared a CafĂ© Rio dinner, it was really yummy.
We have had a pretty good week… If I can remember what happened.  We were dog watching Maybelle, the Simon’s dog.  It went well.   She only got out a couple of times.  The first time, she went to over to see Sandy our next store neighbor and she didn’t know who she belonged to, so she called the number on the tag, and the Simons are in San Diego, so when Sandy told them she had their dog on Dotta Dr.  Mandy told her that the Nielsens were taking care of her.  That got solved really fast. Maybelle is a little digger.  She dug in my pots and then right in the middle of the lawn she made big hole.  I wasn’t too happy about that, especially when I’m trying to spruce things up for the Open House.  Then when it came time for us to get ready to leave for our trip, the Simon’s still weren’t home so they arranged for Andy Mierins to take her until the Simons get back tonight.  We were going to have the Smith Family (Mel, the Cocker Spaniel’s family) watch Chica, and they said, that they would except that they were going to be gone part of the time and Mel wasn’t going to be there at all, since he was with family up in Boise.  Dad wasn’t sure that was a good situation, to have her alone so much.  So, I asked Andy Mierins if he could take Chica, until Simons got back.  He was a little hesitant, since he wasn’t sure how his wife would react.  But he said, OK.  I think he sensed the desperation in my voice.  I would have resorted to  big tears is he didn’t say yes. ( I need to see my..sob,sob… grandbaby!)  I’m just praying that she behaves herself.
We left Sat. morning for a Moon Cousins reunion.  Do you remember the old Moon Family Reunions?  Well, since Grandma Nielsen and all her siblings are passed on, the reunion hasn’t happened for a while.  But, one of Dad’s cousins, Ronnie Burley thought it should be revived.  So, he offered to host it this year at his home in Huntsville.  It was sooo fun.  There weren’t any kids there except for ours because no one else has kids that young.  We had a great pot luck lunch and then Ronnie took us to a place on his property where they have family campouts.  They had rigged a zip line and the 3 little girls did it and had a lot of fun with that.  They also had a swimming hole in part of the river.  We thought that would be fun to camp there with our family.
David was in the ER on Fri. night with an ear infection.  He had a high fever and it made him throw up and kind of pass out for a few minutes.  It scared them  a lot so they took him to the ER and that’s when they discovered he had the ear infection.  He’s doing better, but he is still not himself, he’s a little irritable.  But Adelaide loves him and wants to always be holding him—maybe that’s why he is so irritable—ya think?
I hope you have a wonderful week.  I can’t believe you are on the downside of your mission, keep working hard, you are a true blessing to our family—

love you Elder Nielsen,  Mom







No comments:

Post a Comment