Hola Elder Nielsen,
We had another good and busy week. Labor Day was Monday, and we just worked around the house. Our Peach trees have tons of peaches on them and I was peeling peaches making peach liquados in the morning. The van is making a squealing sound and I tried to fix that, but it was a bigger project than I had time to do. I worked all week, we are still busy at work getting every one their money. I did not hear a peep out of that student that we had over with the missionaries. The sisters said they had talked to some missionaries that met with her in the past and her mom was very against the church. So I don't know if the mom got involved or not.
On Friday, Summer had a soccer game against North Tahoe. I guess they have done away with the 1a division and we are back in the 3a division. North Tahoe is now in our league. But Summer made a nice goal in the 1st half and then we gave up 2 quick goals to them in the 2nd half and lost 2-1. Summer played the entire game. They had some really fast tall girls that would run right past our defense. Mom was getting every thing ready for Amber's wedding reception on Saturday night. Summer and I went to the varsity volleyball game and Elko lost to South Tahoe in 3 straight sets. It just seems to me like all of our teams are weak this year. Not even close to the teams we had in the past. Summer and I also went to the Elko Football game that evening. Elko played sparks and we were losing, and it was getting cold so Summer and I left at about 9:30 pm. Amber and Kevin were going to get here that night. Elko ended up winning in overtime I guess. Amber and Kevin did not get here until 10:30 pm. So it was a late night.
Saturday was extremely busy. We got up early and did the papers. Summer had another game against Incline and we lost 3-2. So we are 0-2 in varsity soccer. Summer subbed out for about 5 minutes, but that was it. Afterward, we went to the church to get a bunch of tables and chairs for the reception. Kevin brought back the truck. So we are back in business with the hunting season coming up. We came back and Kevin's parents were here so we were setting up and getting the food ready all afternoon. Mom did a really good job and decorating every thing and the back yard looked great. It was a very pleasant evening. We had about 30-40 people show up. But it was really nice.
BYU played Utah at utah during the reception, so I had to keep going in and watching the game. The very 1st play of the game, Hill's pass reflected off the hands of the receiver and Utah had a pick 6. But we battled back and got a couple of turnovers and field goals. It was more of a defensive effort. Utah had 6 turnovers and BYU had about 4. So Utah was and kicked a field goal with 2 minutes and 30 seconds to go in the game to go ahead by 7 points. BYU marched down the field and Taysom ran in a touchdown with 16 seconds to go in the game. But BYU went for the 2 point conversion instead of kicking the extra point and going in to OT. It was a quarterback draw and Utah had a blitz call and Taysom did not make it in. So game over BYU lost 20-19. I was disappointed. They had a couple a questionable calls, back to back targeting against BYU and both players were ejected. 1 guy Ky Nacua had two picks in the game. I'm not sure if the calls affected the game, but both hit with their shoulders and did not lead with their heads. But with out some of their good defensive players on the field, I think it had to hurt a little.
We had good meetings in church today. Amber and Kevin left in the camry for Rexburg after church. Chelsea called and I guess David has hand mouth and foot disease where he has sores all over his feet, mouth and hands and was crying a lot and very miserable. Poor little guy.
This next week will be crazy for me. I have 5 partnerships and corp. tax returns to get out by the 15th and class tomorrow, so it will be crazy busy.
Keep working hard. We love you and are happy you are serving a mission. The time will fly by the busier you are but try to cherish every moment as the Lord's representative.
Have a super week.
Love,
Dad
Dearest Elder Nielsen,
Whew! We are done with wedding stuff for a while. I put a lot of effort into getting the yard in good shape and the decorations looked pretty amazing (if I do say so myself) The food was yummy too. I've always wanted to have a wedding reception in the back yard. It's actually on my bucket list. (check that one off) Sadie Goulding came over on thursday and we put up strands of lights that spanned the yard from the pine trees to the gutters on the house. She was on the ladder attaching the lights to the house and I got to climb the pine trees to put the lights up around the tree trunks. I had to climb about half way up the tree. I realized a had some dormant tree climbing skills that were called back into action. It was pokey-- I had pine needles stuck in my hair, and the scratches on my wrists and hands to prove it. Good thing I was wearing a lone sleeve shirt and protective eye wear. It really looked nice when they were turned on. Mason Simons was my "Grill-Master". He brought over his Traeger grill/smoker and cooked the teriyaki chicken that was on skewers. There was also Macaroni (Mac Salad) Salad. Since Amber said that is what was served over their all the time at parties. We also had Hawaii kettle cooked chips (both flavors) watermelon pizza (just watermelon cut in triangles with a creamy sauce topping and fresh berries. For dessert we served Mango sherbet in waffle cone bowls. All yum! I borrowed 6 tiki torches so we had those fired up. With the lights and various lanterns it truly looked magical. We invited all our closest friends and those that new Amber most. About 32 people came. I did go beyond what was expected. But, I figured these are the people I would invite over for dinner; I'm just doing it all in one evening. After it was over and we all (the Bergquists helped) cleaned everything up, and took all the tables and chairs back to the church. I got up this morning and looked out at the empty yard and it was like it was all a dream, because it looked so normal again. It turned out as well as I could have hoped. But, now I can concentrate my energies to other things, like the house.
It was really wonderful to have Amber and Kevin here. We are really happy Kevin is part of our family. I know you will really like him.
Other things that happened this week: Summer and I went to the fair, so she could sell the racing programs for Choraliers. She sold a whopping 13! It was Mon. afternoon and its winding down by then and so not too many people are going into the horse races.
Summer is doing well in soccer. She starts and plays a lot. she scored the only goal in the game against No. Tahoe. Quite impressive.
Thats about all the family will let me write--they want to have FHE now. So, Just know that I love you and encourage you to keep working hard and smile--no one can resist your infectious smile!
Love, mom
PS Adelaide made some paper signs that she taped to the basketball pole and the tiki torch leading guest through the arbor. She wrote, in her cute totally misspelled phonetic way, "Amber's wedyn(wedding) starts here ---->" and "Amber's wedyng (wedding) starts at the fes(fence), so go then, if you are invitid."
No comments:
Post a Comment