Hola Elder Nielsen,
We are glad to here that you have a new Filipino companion and that you are adjusting to your new area. This was another fast week. I had my accounting class on Monday night and that was a long day getting home after 10 pm. Carly had a pal game on Tuesday and won 34-4. Again, how fun is that for both teams? On Wednesday it was Veterans day and I had the day off from work and we went to the parade that day. It was cold during that parade. I spent the entire day cutting up Summer's doe. On Thursday, at noon I had to fly to Las Vegas for a RPAC committee meeting on Friday. I am GBC's representative on the retirement benefits committee which is a committee approved by the Chancellor of NV system of higher education. So I flew to SLC and the flight from SLC to Las Vegas was over booked so I volunteered to get bumped and take a later flight for $500 in Delta bucks to use on other flights within a year. So I need to figure out a place to fly before the end of this month as I have another $600 that will expire the end of this month. Any suggestions?
Any way I had to fly to Los Angeles and then to Las Vegas. But the LA flight was over booked, and they were looking for volunteers, but they could not get me to Las Vegas before my meeting on Friday. Otherwise, in LA they were giving American Express cards worth $500 that I could use any where. I really wanted that one, but it could not work. The plane had a flat tire and I did not end up getting to Las Vegas until 10:30 pm at night.
On Friday I walked from my hotel pulling my suitcase 2.5 miles to my meeting. Our meeting lasted all day and then I got home to Elko around 10 pm. On Sat. we went out to Spring Creek to watch Summer play bball. She had games at 8 and 11. So we were out there for 1/2 of the day. I did not watch the game, but BYU got beat by Missouri 20-16. Summer just told me that. Missouri had only won 3 games all year. Utah who was ranked 10th got beat by Arizona in double overtime.
We listened to the Elko vs Moapa Valley football game on the radio and Elko lost 17-0. But we were inside the 10 yard line 4 times and could not score. We had it at the 2 yard line on our 1st possession and had an illegal procedure and we did not try to kick a field goal as we new we would need more than that to win. Then Kyran Allen caught a pass inside the 5 and fumbled the ball into the end Zone and they recovered. Any way, 4 times we could not score. We did try to kick a field goal late in the game and it was blocked. The Hubert kid has signed to go play football at University of Utah for Moapa.
Fallon won, so Moapa vs Fallon for state championship.
We had stake conference this weekend and it was really good. Garrett Moore talked last night he just got home from his mission 2 weeks ago and he did a wonderful job. We had the missionaries over for dinner today and then mom and I went out home teaching. We borrowed the Cokeville miracle and the kids have watched it like 4 times.
Well, keep working hard and rely on the Lord and he will bless you. We love you and always pray for you. Enjoy the heat as we are freezing here. The time is going by fast. I can't believe we are already half way through November.
Have a super week.
Love
Dad
Dearest Elder Nielsen,
How is the training going? Its good you are still comps with a Filipino, so you can keep working on the language. We got an email from Elder and Sister Brady last week; she wrote it and said how much they had enjoyed working with you in Malalos , and that you were a very dedicated missionary--that's nice to hear things like from a totally objective source.
This week has been just like most weeks, but it has been pretty cold most days. We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow. Carly had a PAL game and her team womped the other team 34-4-- not too much balance among the teams. Then wednesday we had a holiday and we went to the Veterans Day Parade. Towards the end one of those big mine buses went by and I thought 'why didn't Coach USA ever offer to drive the EHS down to the state tournaments last year?' Well, wouldn't ya know, the football team got to go down to Moapa Valley in a "big bus", this year. Jeff Zander the school board pres. really felt the marching band and cheerleaders should go down too, but that couldn't happen because there weren't enough yellow school buses to get everybody down there. So, somebody made a phone call and made it happen. We listened to it on the radio and it felt like deja vu all over again. A very similar game to last year. We made good plays, but just couldn't convert when it was crucial. Elko lost 17-0.
Summer showed me on Instagram a picture of Jacob in the typical athlete signing to play sports picture. He is going to play baseball at Lassen College in No. California, he goes up there in January. I sat by Momma Conklin at stake conference today and she said Jake's getting better, (I think he's been a bit depressed and kind of a recluse) he is really looking forward to having a place to go and something to do.
Summer had a game Sat. and she did OK, (Dad was giving her some "encouragement" from the stands) she was wearing some new high tops and got a bit chaffed on her ankles from not wearing long socks.
Stake Conference today was really good--I stayed awake the whole time. There was a lot of emphasis on keeping the Sabbath day holy.
--Addie Story-- I had got her some brown boots for her birthday that we plan on having her wear for the wedding. She was always wearing them and I didn't want her to wear them out, so I got her some short black ones that have a cute sweater cuff around the ankle that she can wear now, and spare the others until after the big day. She looked at those boots and said,"No, Mom, I want tall boots with a heel." So, we went to Ross and found some she was totally happy with. She has worn them everyday--they kind of make her look like a little pirate. Silly girl.
Well, I hope you have a great week, keep doing great.
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment