Sunday, September 27, 2015

Carly had a birthday!

Hello Elder Nielsen,

We had a pretty good week.  Although BYU got beat badly by Michigan yesterday.  They lost 31-0 and BYU only had 125 total yards in the game.  We could not do anything.  So BYU dropped out of the top 25.  Utah ranked 18th beat Oregon who was ranked 13th at Oregon 62-20.  So now Utah is ranked 10th in the nation. I am not sure what happened to BYU, but they did not show up.

We went to the Elko football game on Friday night and they beat Truckee by 10 points. Truckee pulled within 3 points late in the 4th quarter and they kicked off and Kyron Allen ran it back 90 yards for a TD.  So that helped.  Benton is still on crutches.  I wonder if sometimes he likes to milk the attention.  You were never on crutches and you and Erin always played hurt, where as most kids don't play if they have a hang nail.  When we were at the game, Hooton Fulmer or what ever his name is came down and talked to me and mom.  He said he got his mission call and is going to Washington state on October 28th.  He said to tell you hello.

I have still been very busy at work, trying to get reporting done and get things to the auditors.  I will be glad when I get all my taxes done and get caught up at work. I am still trying to finish Brother Halls taxes and a few others.

Carly had her 11th birthday yesterday and she had 5 girls over to watch a movie and they had snacks, pop and pop corn.  It was kind of simple, but she liked it.  The girls came over after the women's broadcast.

We also need to know you favorite scripture for your missionary plaque.  So let us know what that is.  I think Trevor stone went into the mtc this past week.

I can't think of much else to say on this end.  It was cooling off there for a while and last week it got really hot again.  It was 93 here on Thursday or Friday.

We are so glad you are serving the Lord and a missionary.  Represent him very well.  The people of the Philippines will see the Savior through you.  Work hard, keep those others in your apartment exactly obedient and you will be blessed. When we do our part and are exactly obedient and keep all the commandments, we will be blessed beyond what we could ever pay back.

We love you and pray for you every day.  I think Chica misses you as now she is use to me driving the Trooper and if she is in the front yard, as soon as she hears the Trooper coming she heads to the back yard.  When I am coming around the corner past that yellow house, I will see her heading to the back yard.  What a crazy dog.

Have a super week and work hard. Put your faith in the Lord and you will see miracles.  We got wedding invitations for cassidy Nielsen and Timothy Campbell.  They are getting married on October 8th and 10th respectively. I am not sure if we will make it over there to them or not.  Also, I am not sure if you heard or not, but Elder Scott died this past week as well.  So now there are 3 vacancies in the quorum of the 12.  Conference this next weekend will be great.  You will love General Conference as a missionary.  Many of the messages will be about missionary work. That is all I can think of at this point.

Love

Dad


Dear Elder Nielsen,

Well, little Carly had a party to celebrate her 11th birthday last night.  We went to the Women's Broadcast and then when that was over we had a couple of Carly's friends come over for a movie night.  She invited Danielle, her little Filipino friend, the Goulding girls, Lizzie Olsen, and a girl named Bianca that she has had in her Northside classes and remained friends with.  We cooked popcorn and put in in red and white striped bags that said, "popcorn" on the outside.  We got some cups with lids and straws from Maverick to put our own pop in.   Then they each got a movie candy box: milk duds, Jr mints, Mike and ike...etc.  Each box was different and they played the prize swapping game to determine who got which one. Then they settled in and watched "Journey to the Center of the Earth." After the movie we ate cake and ice cream, opened presents and then I took them all home by 10 pm.  She had  fun day: Grandma's box arrived when we were out doing some shopping, so that was an added bonus.
Carly is all signed up for another year of PAL basketball, she starts practice this week.
This week hasn't been very eventful, but we did go to the Elko Football game on Friday night, we took the whole family, since it was a really nice, mildly warm night.  It was kind of a boring game,; Elko was dominating pretty much the whole game against Truckee-- hard to believe that they were quite the powerhouse team 4 or 5 years ago.  We won 30 -21. Kyrin Allen had a kick-off return for a touch down-- good to see him doing well.  
BYU had a rough day Sat. with their game, which they lost at Michigan 31- 0, they were futile. Michigan locked down on defense and held them to under 150 yds. offense, compared to theirs being around 400 total. ouch!
Summer wanted me to tell you about her track meet Sat.  She ran the mile, but not very fast-- she tied for 1st with a SC girl, at 6:41,  she is still recovering from her leg pains.  She did the long jump for the first time at a meet and she did 8'10", (is that even in the pit?) Don't tell her I said that!
Our life is kind of slow with the dwindling number of kids,  Chelsea is getting close to having her baby, and Erin and Amber are doing their thing up in Rexburg.
Rose Harris got her mission call to the Frankfurt, Germany mission and reports to Provo on Dec. 9th.  I love you and wish you another great week filled with more coincidences that aren't coincidences.  Love, Mom
PS  we got wedding invitations for Cassidy and Timmy.  Cassidy is getting married Oct. 8th and "T.J." as Timothy Jerome is going by I guess now is getting married on Oct. 10th in the Payson Temple.  I am happy for them both.

Somethings I forgot to mention:  Danny Nelson, one of the twins that lived down the street from us, was killed in a car accident last week.  He had bought a house on Chris Ave. and he and his roommates were having a party and he had been drinking.  A girl he was starting to date was there and then her exboyfriend showed up and she left with him and when Danny realized that, he took off after them in his car--no headlights, no seatbelt, (no sense either) and ended up sideswiping a truck and then crashed into a parked utility trailer, somehow the car rolled and he was ejected and killed at the scene.  Quite sad.

Also, today Dad bore his testimony and afterwards Sister Halls came up to him and told him that she really enjoyed his testimony and that she felt his testimony was said with just as much conviction and spirit as that of the apostles and prophets--Wow! what a compliment.
I was glad that you explained my empty inbox last Sunday--devoid of my letter from you.  We had our conjectures as to what could have happened--A typhoon hit, except we checked and there were not any storms affecting your city.  It was a holiday and the place you email was closed (could happen), or  there was the possibility that you wrote it and forgot to push "send"-- that did happen one week with Amber. ;)  Dad thought there was probably something up like the transfer deal, so I'm glad we know now.

Love, Mom

Somethings I forgot to mention:  Danny Nelson, one of the twins that lived down the street from us, was killed in a car accident last week.  He had bought a house on Chris Ave. and he and his roommates were having a party and he had been drinking.  A girl he was starting to date was there and then her exboyfriend showed up and she left with him and when Danny realized that, he took off after them in his car--no headlights, no seatbelt, (no sense either) and ended up sideswiping a truck and then crashed into a parked utility trailer, somehow the car rolled and he was ejected and killed at the scene.  Quite sad.

Also, today Dad bore his testimony and afterwards Sister Halls came up to him and told him that she really enjoyed his testimony and that she felt his testimony was said with just as much conviction and spirit as that of the apostles and prophets--Wow! what a compliment.

I was glad that you explained my empty inbox last Sunday--devoid of my letter from you.  We had our conjectures as to what could have happened--A typhoon hit, except we checked and there were not any storms affecting your city.  It was a holiday and the place you email was closed (could happen), or  there was the possibility that you wrote it and forgot to push "send"-- that did happen one week with Amber. ;)  Dad thought there was probably something up like the transfer deal, so I'm glad we know now.
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment