Monday, November 19, 2012

ALOHA!

Hello Sister Nielsen,
 
Well I finally got all the deer meat cut up.  So that is a big relief, but I still have a couple more tax returns to get out.  Every thing is well here.  Summer's team is yet to win a game.  They have lost 2 games in OT and a couple more by 2 points. That is because I'm not the head coach.  We don't work on any of the fundamentals in practice.  I just help out when they need something. 
 
I hope the Salimeda family is able to get baptized this Thursday.  That would be a great Turkey day blessing.  We are going over to spend he day with mom.  She is anxious to see us all . She keeps asking, when are you and your family going to come visit.  She is doing well.  She loves to watch the Utah Jazz basketball and her entire schedule revolves around those games.
I have been meaning to write to you about a couple of neat stories, so here they are:
 
Brandon Dunn had the following dream on the early morning of October 31, 2012, which is Dad's birthday and he did not realize that:
 

I walked into the house and Grandpa was sitting on the recliner by the door to the kitchen that he always sat in. Grandma was asleep on the couch next to him. I sat down on the floor by Grandpa, patted him on the knee and asked him how he was doing. “I’m doing great! I haven’t been this busy in years” he responded. I joked that he sure looked as if he was busy sitting in his chair like that. “They let me come down here quite often and check on Grandma” he replied. I acknowledged what a great man and great example he always was and he answered by saying “But we all still have a long way to go to get to where they want us to be. But we will get there.” Then he looked at me and I woke up.

 That is pretty neat isn't it.  Those words sound exactly like what dad would say.  And if you think about what was in the dream to these, it makes perfect sense and to the doctrine taught by the brethren.

 "As sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, we are capable of so much more. For that, good intentions are not enough. We must do. Even more important, we must become what Heavenly Father wants us to be."

—Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Of Regrets and Resolutions", Liahona and Ensign, November 2012

 Elder Richard G Scott said this in the April 2012 conference:

Another example of revelation is this guidance given to President Joseph F. Smith: “I believe we move and have our being in the presence of heavenly messengers and of heavenly beings. We are not separate from them. … We are closely related to our kindred, to our ancestors … who have preceded us into the spirit world. We can not forget them; we do not cease to love them; we always hold them in our hearts, in memory, and thus we are associated and united to them by ties that we can not break. … If this is the case with us in our finite condition, surrounded by our mortal weaknesses, … how much more certain it is … to believe that those who have been faithful, who have gone beyond … can see us better than we can see them; that they know us better than we know them. … We live in their presence, they see us, they are solicitous for our welfare, they love us now more than ever. For now they see the dangers that beset us; … their love for us and their desire for our well being must be greater than that which we feel for ourselves.”1

Relationships can be strengthened through the veil with people we know and love. That is done by our determined effort to continually do what is right. We can strengthen our relationship with the departed individual we love by recognizing that the separation is temporary and that covenants made in the temple are eternal. When consistently obeyed, such covenants assure the eternal realization of the promises inherent in them.

 

Then about a month ago, mom (grandma) said she was sound asleep and heard dad calling her name "Ralene" just as clear as day she said.  It woke her right up.  I asked her what she did, and she said she just acted like she was still sleeping and did not look up.  I asked her why she did not look up and she said, I did not want to see any one.  I think she thought dad might be there to pick her up to take her with him.  Any way that was funny.

 Then Brenna, Jedd and Jana's 10 year old had a dream about a month ago that there was this big white castle with gold on the doors and she went up and walked in and there was grandma, sitting on this big white chair with gold trim, etc (she had lots of details of everything, but I can't remember).  She said grandma was dressed in the same clothing that dad was buried in, (his temple clothes, which I'm sure that was the 1st time she had seen them)  Then she saw grandpa, sneaking up to them crawling on his hands and knees, and it scared her, so she screamed.  And grandma, said, you don't need to be afraid, its just grandpa.  And then Grandpa picked Brenna up and threw her up in the air and caught her.  I think he said, this is the best he has felt in years.  She had a lot of detail, and Jana will write it all down and I will send you that dream.  She had not told any one about it as she would remember it in school and forget to tell her mom about the dream.  Then when she heard Brandon's, she remember hers and told her mom.

    Pretty cool.  Lastly, Sharon had given a few names from the Nielsen side that she had found doing genealogy to my cousin for them to do the work in the temple.  And my cousin's wife was doing initiatory work for one of the names, and the lady that was doing the ordinance, started freaking out and gasping, grabbing her chest.  My cousins wife, thought she was having a heart attack.  But then she regained her composure and finished that part, and when she was done, she said to my cousins wife,  "Did you feel that?  She was definitely here with us today." And she thank her for coming in and doing temple work for her kindred dead.  My cousin's wife said, "I must be the devil as I did not feel anything."  So we put a star by her name, and I want to be there when we doing the sealing for that lady.

 Adelaide is still as cute as ever.  You know how I am always trying to take away their ipods when they are using them during scriptures, dinner, FHE, etc.  Well Adelaide went into Erin's room a few days ago and she was on her ipod.  And Adelaide put one hand on her hip and had her other hand held out and said,  "Alright Erin, give me your ipod".  Erin said she had to give it to her as she was pretty insistant.

 Chica this morning went with mom into the living room to go on their walk and saw your  picture cut out in the living room and started barking at it.  I guess it scared her as well.

Then on Sat. night, a lady from the ward came to pick up their daughter we were watching and,  she asked Adelaide, who is that, Addie said, that's Carly, she is my sister, the lady would ask pointing to another, who's that, "That is Summer, she is my sister", and another down the line through all her sisters.  Then she pointed to Cody, who's that?  "That is Cody" The lady said, is he your brother?  Addie said, "no, he stinks".   I guess the lady got a good laugh over that.

I am not sure if mom told you, but Elder Klunas here in Elko, knows that elder from Morgan Ut that wrote Erin a letter.

 Well, I better go.  We love your letters.  That was a pretty mean trick the ZL's played on sister Wright.  But we are happy you 2 are still together.  You seem to work and get along very well with each other.

We love you.  Happy Thanksgiving. Dad



My beloved Sis. Nielsen,  
( I was reading Moroni chap. 9 and Mormon starts his epistle like that) I'm so glad that you and Sis. Wright are still hanging together.  That was kind of mean to trick you like that.  They are just blown away by your success and thought they'd rattle you.
     Elder Cruz is getting transferred this week to Sparks.  He'll be joining E. Sanft, covering a branch that has two sets of missionaries because it covers such a big area.  We had a funny experience at dinner last week with the elders.  Dad let one fly during dinner, but it wasn't super obvious, so it would have been easy just to ignore it.  But, no Summer has to announce "Who Pathoed?" in front of everyone.  It was funny and awkward at the same time.  Elder Cruz just laughed because he understood, but poor Elder Clunas was for a moment "Elder Clueless".  E. Cruz told him he'd fill him in later.  We had to explain  even though the elders are like family, we don't  include them in gastric inquiries.  Elder Clunas by the way is from Morgan,UT.  where your friend E. Edwards is also from.  Erin got his letter this week and a picture.  He said in the letter that " your sister is a legit missionary".  It sounds like you have their respect.  So, we asked E. Clunas if he knew him, and he did.  He said he was a good kid, a year ahead of him in HS.  When we showed him the picture he said," yep thats him-- he's gotten chubby."  I guess thats the fate of "most" missionaries.  Did Cameron ever give you his eating tips?  We'll see him at Thanksgiving so I'll remind him.  Speaking of Turkey Day, what are your plans and do they celebrate any differently there?
   We saw "The District" on byu tv when we were at grandma's last time.  I think you talked about that-- the family that they documented from teaching, to baptism, to being sealed in the San Diego temple.  It was great, reality tv at its best.  How would you like your mission documented like that?  I asked Dad that, and he said he would love to have those moments captured like that.
     Erin had her soccer banquet last sat.  She had to miss the youth temple trip, but it always seems there is a conflict that she has to always choose between when it comes to temple trips.  Well, she figured she was a captain this year and that honor comes with responsibility, so she'd better live up to it.  She got 1st team All League honors for defense.
    Chelsea helped me pay your credit card, so that worked out--no late fees. How do you want your christmas moola? cash or dep. in your Wells Fargo acc.  
  I still need a 4x6 picture of you for your mission plaque and your favorite scripture.
Love your so much,
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment