Dear Sis. Nielsen,
Wow, your first tsunami, congratulations! I tell everyone that asks how great you are doing. You make us so happy with your letters and love for your mission. Erin is at mission prep. class right now. Pres. Shumway started a class a few weeks before the announcement. It's being taught by a young couple that are both RMs. Pres. Shum. felt that it should include the senior boys. Then the question came up ,"well what about the sr. girls?" They thought about it and decided to include them as well. Then BOOM the announcement came out. Our stk. presidency is pretty in tune.
Erin had her regional soccer game yesterday against S. Tahoe, that's the team that they lost to in state last year. It was here in Elko. We scored early--about 5 min. into it. then it was a very physical game. then with about 5 min. left in the game. they got to kick a penalty kick just over the midline. It was kind of a flukey thing. It was a big kick and it bounced just around the goal box and then it bounced up and went just over the fingertips of Raelynn and in the net. We were all stunned. So, then we had to go to OT for 15min. But they stunned us again by scoring pretty quickly and that was it. The rule is first one to score in OT wins. We were all bummed, but we still go to the state tourney in Vegas. We may be playing them again for the state title. We will be ready for them! Erin played her usual tough game. She is fun to watch.
I forgot to tell you last week about Chica. She hurt her eye. I had put her in her kennel when we had left to go to one of Erin's soccer games because she had been getting out. When I got home I went to get her out, and I noticed she was wimpering with her nose down by the bottom of the gate. When I opened the gate, her head was moved with it. She had been biting on the chainlink trying to pry open a hole and somehow got herself fishhooked onto a piece of chainlink wire. It went in through the inside of her eyelid and out about 1/2 in. under. I had to straighten out the wire to unhook her. She didn't damage her eye luckily, but she looks pretty pitiful. At first it was all stretched out, then it swelled, oozed, and now its scabbed over. We didn't take her to the vet. I think she's going to be Ok. she's just not going to win any dog shows.
Well, we all went to Tiffani and Tucker's reception sat. night, and there you were (your cut out) all cute and smiling behind the guest book table. It was so good to see you! I gave you a hug. Erin and Cody took some pics. with you, and you and Cody were about the same size. I guess those cut outs only come in 1 ft. increments, so it was either a 5 ft. Sis. N. or a 6 ft. Sis. N. Lets just say you've grown physically as well a spiritually on your mission. The reception was really nice; a little rowdier than Chelsea's. Those De Angelo sisters can really bust a move. It was kind of like a Stk. dance with the music they played. I gave Tiff and Tuck a hug and delivered your message, " Amber says to tell you that she loves you". His parents were really nice. I introduced myself as your Mom and they were so excited, I guess they had heard all about you--the little matchmaker. Tricia brought "you" over to us to keep, she said she wanted us to have it. We have your smiling face in the living room against the wall with all the pictures. I felt again that she really appreciated every thing you have done for Tiffani. Heck, you hooked her up with her husband!
Tomorrow is the big election. I have been praying for Bro. Romney to win, I even fasted. At first I wondered if that was the right thing to do, I always wanted to pray for byu to win big games,but felt that that was frivolous. But this is different, our country is at stake! Did you get your absentee ballot in? I am actually going to be an exit poll surveyer out at spr. crk. middle school, on election day. Sadie Goulding has worked for this research co. and they called her up and asked if she wanted to do it. She passed the offer to me and I took it. I have to be at the polls all day and ask every 4th person to take a survey about who they voted for, and then 3 times that day I call in the results and they use it for the national tracking on the news. I get paid $250 for 12hrs of work. Not bad.
We love all the Elders that serve here, but Sanft was special because he was from HI and we felt a connection to you. Elder Cruz is from Uruguay, but moved to Ut. when he was 11. He's been out as long as you and is now training Elder Clunas who is a greenie from Morgan Ut. they were both in the MTC the same time as you.
I have to speak at Eve. in Excellence this thurs. I get to talk about my Faith Value project-- the garden, the one that got destroyed by Adelaide. There should be a good analogy with that.
Well, I love you to pieces. I pray for your investos. and fasted for Alex and hid dad, but mostly I pray for you, and I think it's paying off! You are awesome! Have another incredible week,
love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment