I have been trying to cut up the deer, so it is cutting in on my writing time. I'm glad to hear that Tai got baptized. You two are doing great. We love you.
Dad
Aloha Sis. Nielsen,
Well, we did go to Vegas this last weekend--Henderson, actually, for Erin's state soccer tournament. Which she played awesome. Raelynn said it was her best game of the season, and I think she was right. We played Faith Lutheran which is a private school from Vegas and they were good. The most competitive team we had played this year. Our defense was really solid. Erin had some great steals, shielded really physically, even saved a goal that had gotten past Rae. She was out really far in the goal box and made a stop but it dribbled out of her hands and I thought it was going to roll slowly into the goal, then here comes Erin from nowhere and kicks it away. It was a great play. The final score was 0-0, so they had to go into overtime, which is 15 min. and first team to score wins. Still no score, so now it's double OT same thing only they switch sides, which was an issue because it was unusually cold and windy. We played into the wind the first half, and it was a big disadvantage. Well, they scored in the 2nd OT and that was it. It was pretty devastating. We had our opportunities, we had shots that missed. You can't win without scoring. There were a lot of tears, not from Erin though. she told them she was crying "in here" patting her heart. She really wanted it and she played like it, but its not worth crying about. She didn't even want a state soccer t-shirt. She looked at them, they were $21, and then thought 'I have alot of t-shirts, I'd rather get some pants.'
We stayed in a hotel that had a pool, but it was outside, but Summer and Carly were determined to go swimming. So, they dipped a toe then a little at a time they got in, it was really cold, it was hilarious to watch. We went to a mall in Henderson for about an hour and a half, then we headed for home. We thought about going to the temple, but it's just too hard with Adelaide, she's just too hard to keep track of.
Well, the exit polling was kind of interesting. It was a long day. I was bummed that Romney lost, but I think just having the public observe him for a whole year during campaigning was good exposure for the church. Mandy Simons won her election for city council, and Mason won for Justice of the Peace.
Summer is playing PAL. She really doesn't know what she's doing, but she does better every game, she has even made 2 baskets so far in 3 games. Dad is helping coach her team. She's the fastest on her team and when they have a fast break she is quick to get back to her spot on defence. We had to teach her to "stop ball" first. I'm going to work with her on how to Pick it from behind when they're dribbling down court. I loved doing that.
Cody is at Basketball tryouts right now, so that will be fun to start a new season. It will be fun to watch him on varsity. He's having fun driving and learning the stick shift.
I think we got your bill paid, I had Chelsea help me. How much do I need to give you for the Nativities? should I just send cash?
I am glad you got a baptism! keep it up, you and Sis. Wright are a great team. What does the Miss. Pres say about you guys? Are other companionships doing what you guys are doing?
Didn't happen to see a honeymooning couple over there did you?
Have a wonderful week,
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment