Monday, December 24, 2012

Aloha!! Merry Christmas

Sister Nielsen,
 
Well how was your 1st week without Sister Wright?  You never did tell us who your new companion was.  Perhaps you did not know when you sent last weeks email.  Any way, I hope you had a great week and was able to get the baptism for the person set last Saturday.
 
This past week was pretty hectic.  The kids got out of school at about 1:00 pm on Friday and we drove over to Utah for a Nielsen family party.  Cody went over there on Thursday for a bball tourny through Sat.  They lost to Clearfield a 5A school on Thurs. and they lost to Logan on Friday by 5 points.  But they won on Sat. against Layton Christian academy.  It was in Overtime and Cody was tied for high scorer with 17 points.  He and Nate and Tuby had 17 and Brandon had 16.  But he went knee to knee on his good knee on Friday and now he says they are both sore and swollen.  So he will have to rest it quite a bit this week.  Erin had 18 points on Wednesday against Twin Falls and was high scorer.  She had 9 on Thursday and I don't know how many on Friday and Sat.  The girls were up in Boise for a Tornament.  But she was sick fri and sat and said she could hardly breathe.  She thinks she has broncitis.  So we have a Dr. appt with her this afternoon.
 
We finally got some snow over the weekend.  We have about 6 inches now, and we are suppose to get more tonight and tomorrow.  This new storm coming in is suppose to be a big one.  Provo is suppose to get 12-20 inches of snow.
 
Chelsea and Brian drove up to Utah on Saturaday and were able to make it to Codys game as well.  Then they followed us over to Elko yesterday.  We are planning on going to the Twin Falls temple one of these days this week.
 
The Nielsen Christmas was fun.  We did our normal thing at the church, played elimination and played games and the kids ran around.  When we 1st got there, all the kids were running around and Adelaide was sitting at the table trying to eat her food, but watching all the kids running around for about 5 - 7 minutes, and then she said in all seriousness, "I'm faster".  I guess she thinks she is faster than all the other kids running around.
 
Last night we were having family home evening and Erin was teasing Adelaide like she always does, saying, I'm a princess, and I have beautifull hair, etc.  Adelaide was saying, "well, I have sharp teeth",  and "I'm going to get married".  Any way, after a while when Erin finally makes Adelaide mad, she says, "I don't like you any more".  Well, they finally made up and Erin said something else to tease her, and Adelaide said, "Don't say that any more.  I like you now."
 
She is a funny kid.  We came back Sunday morning in time for the 3rd ward sacretment meeting as the chior was singing and Erin had a couple songs with Choroliers and a few of the young women.  The roads in Nevada, were not very good.  The left lane was snow packed and the other lane was slushy. So we were traveling about 45 to 50 miles an hour.
 
I hope you and your companion have a wonderful C-mas and are blessed with all the blessings and gifts that Hevenly Father can give you two.  We love you and pray for you daily.
 
Have a wonderful and productive week.  We are looking forward to your call tomorrow. 
 
Love Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment