Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

Hello Sister Nielsen,
 
It was great to talk to you on Christmas Day.  Everything sounded the same as if you were up at BYUI.  I am glad everything is going well.  Mom gave the missionary mom talk on Sunday in Sacretmeeting about you.  She was really looking forward to that. 
 
We have had a down week with not much happening.  Since Brian and Chelsea are here, we have not done much.  We went sledding at angle park hill one day with the kids and that was fun.  Adelaide wanted to do it all by her self.  We only had one sled so when someone else was going on the sled, she would slide down the hill on her back with her feet in the air.  She loved it and was not afraid one bit.
 
This morning, it was -9 degrees below zero.  Mom lets chica sleep inside on cold nights and days and Connie went in and asked Chica if she wanted to go out and go potty first thing this morning.  Adelaide said, "She is a dog mom, and dogs can't talk".  Nothing gets by that girl.
 
We had a good Christmas.  We went to Carrie Elwoods reception, she married Adam Billins from Spring Creek.  And the Radvansky girl was there with her mom, and she got her mission call to Portugal.  I believe she goes to MTC in March.  The Hieser girl got her call and I don't remember when or where she is going.  Kayla Esplin is expecting and Chelsea and mom went to a baby shower for her on Saturday.
 
We received your box of goodies and everyone loved it.  Thank you, but don't worry about having to shop for everyone.  Your mission is more important.  Adelaide wore her dress to church and look really cute.
 
I can't believe we are starting a new year 2013.  I am not sure where 2012 went.  But 2013 is here.  I know 2013  will go by just as fast.  I am working today and worked Friday and Monday.  I took Christmas and the next 2 days off and I will take tomorrow off.  I have been trying to build some shelves for mom in the fruit room, to get the basement more organized.
 
Yesterday was my last day with Adelaide in the nursery.  She will be a sunbeam next Sunday.  She is talking alot and growing up too fast.
 
Chelsea and Brian will leave Wed. to go back to new mexico.  It was fun having them here.  Cody and Erin have home bball games here this Friday and Sat.  Erin just told us today that she had her interview with the coach and she told Erin that she was the 'go to girl' on the team this year.  Hellooooooo.  She was the go to girl on the team last year.  We watched some of the state bball game last night on family videos and I am quite confident they would have won if she would have played more.
 
Cody's knee is still sore and stiffens up alot after he plays.  I wish he would get back to 100% with that knee.  How is your shoulder?  Grandma Nielsen asks all the time and I said, she never mentions it.
 
Do you really have a life jacket and snorkel and fins in your tsunami kit?  Or was that a joke?
 
Any way, we love you and are so happy that you are serving a mission.  I know the joy and benefits that one gains from serving a faithful and honorable mission.
 
Keep up the good work.  We hope you have a great week.
 
Love DAD


My Dear Sis. Nielsen,
  Hey, Am, I couldn't get on my e-mail to write to you so Chelsea set me up on her google account.
I got to speak in church yesterday about you!  It was the annual missionary mom sacrament mtg.  I started out by saying that I had been looking forward to being one of the missionary moms and had secretly envied others over the years when they got to make their report.  "but now it's my turn!"  I talked about the mission in general and also a little about your experiences in the MTC.  But mostly about you and Sis. Wright's awesome companionship.  Elder MacFerran came to visit with his wife of 6 mos. so they had him talk too.  He lives where Erica Hirst is serving, so her mom joked that he should report on her as well.
 
It was great to talk to you on Christmas.  It was like you had never left - like you were calling from Rexberg.  You sounded exactly the same, but of course you are not quite the same person, how could you be after all that you have experienced.  tomorrow you will be 5 mos. old!  Almost a third of your mission. Unbelievable.We loved the box.  Addie looked so cute in her dress on Sunday.  We are going to take a picture in all our HI apparel. We are planning to play the Christmas game (7 or 11) tonight.  The little girls have been looking forward to it all week.  It has been fun having Chelsea and Brian here.  I gave him a list of things to fix. We have gone sledding. We (me, Chelsea and Brian) went to see Les Miserable the movie, it is just like Phantom where its all singing.  It was good.  We had planned to go to Twin to go to the temple but the roads weren't great, so we didn't go.  We all went to The Star for lunch-- thanks to you.  We had 70.00 still left on  that gift card that you gave us.  We all stunk like garlic after that.  We also went to Carrie and Adam Billin's wedding reception, which was really nice.  They will leave to go back on Wed., but tonight we party, shrimp, games and a puzzle, sounds pretty crazy I know.  Adelaide said another funny thing this morning.  We have Chica sleeping in the utility area, because she is such a wimp.  (well it was -8 when we went walking this morning, I made Chelsea go with us)  I was holding Adelaide when I opened the door and said, " Chica, do you need to go out and go potty?"  Chica looked at me, like  'are you  crazy, it's freezing out there!'-- she didn't budge.  then Addie said, " Mom, Chica is a dog, she can't talk."

We picked up another paper route.  It's the street that goes around Simon's house.  I thought Cody should have his own route, and Erin will just add his former papers to hers, without much more effort they can each add 50.00 month.  Cody thinks he needs to his on the 4 wheeler--such a wimp.  He uses the sore knee excuse.

Have a fabulous new year, love you so much, Mom  

No comments:

Post a Comment