Aloha Sister Nielsen,
How has your week been? I am in the middle of tax season and very busy. We have slowed down from the sports scene. Cody went to Reno this past weekend for baseball games again and Erin had a track meet in Spring Creek. She only ran the 4 x 200 relay and the 4 x 400 relay and their team took 1st in both. She said her ham string was hurting her a little so she did not do any individual events. Cody said he dove for a ball in the outfield and landed on his left shoulder and hurt it a bit. So he was moving around the house yesterday not being able to raise his left arm. I told them with all these accidents, they are just going to have to sit on the bench and not do any thing any more if they keep getting hurt.
I hope it is not too bad. We were still having problems with the fridge and I was working on that all week, as it was leaking water now, but I believe I got it all fixed and now it is working well.
I can't think of any thing else we did last week. I had my accounting class I teach on Monday night. And during the week I would just stay in my office and work on taxes most of the time. Friday, mom and I got free tickets to go watch a lady sing that was on America's got talent. She was a heavy set black lady in her 60's who had a great voice. Like a Whitney Houston voice. She sang one of Whitney's songs and did a great job. Most people do not do Whitney's songs justice unless they have that type of voice. It was good though.
Well, not much more happening here around the Elko home front. It is suppose to get up to mid 60's by this weekend. This next weekend is stake temple day and mom and I are planning on going over and hitting the temple and visiting mom.
Can't think of much else happening. We love you and are happy that you are serving a mission. I talked to Jacob Lewis' parents and he has been out about 1 year and is serving as a Branch President in Nicaragua.
I hope everything is well with the salimeda family. They need to develop a daily reading scriptures and prayer routine in their lives.
Love Dad,
Dear Sis. Nielsen,
Much Aloha to you! Well, Dad and I were trying to think what had happened this week to see what we would include in our letters and we both drew kind of a blank. So, if you enjoyed lots of letters last week then this one might be kind of short. It is beginning to become springlike--finally! The crocus flowers are popping out. It is supposed to be in the upper 60's this weekend. It is Stk. temple day in SLC so we are planning to go over and spend the weekend and Dad will probably go to the Sportsman's Expo at the expo center. Remember those days of being stuck there for hours while Dad did his thing and went to classes and stuff?
This past week has been pretty uneventful. We haven't done too much out of the ordinary. Dad and I went on a date on Fri. night. The Gouldings had season community concert series tickets and weren't going to be able to use them on Fri. because they were going to be gone, so they offered them to us. We didn't know quite what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised. This lady was black and had been on America's Got Talent, and she was quite talented. She sang some R&B, Whitney Houston (which she nailed) and even Adele. It was fun.
Saturday, was the Spring Creek track meet, always the first of the season. Erin did OK, I think she looks thinner out there than last year. Krenka was quoted in the paper as saying she was coming into the season in better shape than before. I think that's because last year she spent a lot of time sitting the bench during basketball season. She ran the 4x200 and the 4x400 relays.
Cody was in Reno for 4 days at a baseball tourney. He dove for a ball and hurt his shoulder..Aaahhhhhhhh! no more injuries! I think he's going to be OK, he said it felt a lot better today.
I hope this has been a good week for you. You seemed not quite as "high" last week. Dad said it was because you didn't really have a teaching pool, and teaching is where its at-- that's the best part of a mission: seeing lives change. I've been praying for the Salimedas. Maybe that's why you went back to that area, for them. I look forward to hearing how it's been going. Have you had a lot of rain? Did you ever get a raincoat?
Love you tons,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment