Monday, March 25, 2013

Prom and Promenading

Aloha Sister Nielsen,
 
We were glad to hear about your new companion and your new area.  That one photo looked like you were a little too close to the beach, (as there were sun bathers in the back ground).  I am sure you and your new companion will do just fine in the new area.  Even is the book is a disaster, the spirit will guide you to those who need to be taught by sisters in that area.  We are all doing fine here.  The weather got cold again these past few days.  It even snowed again 3 days ago. 
 
This week was busy.  Monday night I taught my class so I did not get home until about 9:30 pm, and then cody had his bball awards banquet on Tuesday and Erin had hers on Wednesday.  So they were both late nights as the people like to talk too much.  Erin got voted defensive player of the year by her coaches and I believe she got an academic award for maintaining a 3.5 GPA.  Cody did not get any special recognition.  But is was fun.  It will be sad not watching Erin play any more, but both mom and I are really happy that we do not have to put up with the politics of girls bball for a while.  They were talking about all their summer camps, etc, that they want the girls to go to and we were both thinking, that we were glad that stuff is over for Erin.  We still have it with Cody, but I don't think it is as political with the boys.
 
Then I took vacation days on Thurs. and Friday to watch the NCAA March madness and to work on taxes.  None of the Utah teams made it to the big dance.  BYU is in the NIT tourny, and they won their first game and play again tonight.  Wichita State and Florida Golf Coast are the big cinderalla teams making some noise and getting to the sweet 16 round.
 
Cody had baseball games on Friday and Sat and Erin had a track meet on Friday.  But it was so cold, we did not go to watch Erin.  Cody played in Winnemucca.  His team won both their games and we are yet to watch him play.
 
Then they had the the big prom night Saturday.  Erin looked really nice in her dress and Cody wore won of my Hong Kong suits and my shoes and looked really sharp.  But his date needed to cover up a little more.  She said she could not find a shawl to cover her shoulders and her dress was a little low in front as well.  Cody needs to step up and tell her he can't date her with immodest clothing.
 
But he did get home at about 11:55 pm as he said he remembers when Amber did not get home in time and got yelled at.  Erin got home at about 12:30 as they went and played paint twister at someones house after the dance.  Mom and I went to watch the senior walk.
 
Everyone else is doing fine.  Adelaide said she misses Amber and wanted to give you a big hug when she sees you.  She also said the other day, using your old cell phone, "Do you want to watch a movie on my iphone?"  I  don't know where she has ever heard that before, and then after that she said, "I will text you".  Where is she getting all this techno lingo?  She calls my ipad, my big ipod.  She is cute and still spoiled.  She is getting big, when we pick her up, she is getting heavy.  I think she has lead in her pants.
 
All is well her.  I hope you have a happy easter on Sunday.  We love you and pray for your success daily.  Next month you will be half way done with your mission. Unbelievable.  Brendon Smith got his call to west virginia I believe, spanish speaking.  All these high school kids are getting their mission calls, it is kind of wierd.
 
Well have a great week.
 
Love DAD




My Dear Sis. Nielsen,

     How is this new area?  Are you finding all the contacts the Elders left you?  How is missionary motherhood?  Is Sis. Hudson loving it?  I hope all is going well with you.   I'm glad you got a chance to see Sis. Wright, she's an old lady now isn't she? A real granny.  
     Well, it was Prom on Sat. night and it was quite something.  Erin said for the first time in her high school career she didn't have a sports activity the same day as the dance.  So, she had all day  to get ready.  She did Sierra Dumas and Kylee's hair.  She does a really good job.  Then of course she did her own.  Cody had a baseball game in Winnemucca that day, but got a ride home so he could have more time to get ready.  He wore Dad's suit that I got him in Hong Kong, and he looked pretty spiffy with his teal vest and tie.  Erin looked very pretty in her dress.  Landon and Kylee's date came here to pick them up.  We took pictures under the arbor and with the bug.   I will get her to e-mail some to you or I will just send some of the best ones.  Dad and I went to the senior walk that night.  I video taped them.  Erin and Landon were cute.  There's a section of the catwalk in the middle where they stop and, pose and they just stood side by side and Landon went up on his tippy toes to show that he could actually  be taller. (she was about an inch taller with her heels) Cody and Whitney were cute even though her dress was the stapless kind and just as I suspected there was no shawl covering the shoulders.  They all had fun.  Erin  texted and asked for an  extension of her curfew so they could play paint twister at Cameron Steflik's grandma's house.  They all took old clothes, and it turned out to be slide in the paint and just get covered.
     They each wore their clothes to church.  One girl in the ward didn't wear her dress because she had read in the New Era that you shouldn't wear your dress to church because it may make the girls that didn't go feel left out.  I can see that, but I also think it shows the younger girls a good example of how you should dress modestly.  Erin also said if you wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it to church then maybe you shouldn't wear it to the dance.  Erin went to Lauren Radvansky's mission farewell in 2nd ward. She's going to Portugal.  Brendan Smith got his call this week and he's going to the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia Mission, Spanish speaking.
     We got invited to Amy Nisbit's 40yr. birthday party last fri. night.  It was cosmic bowing from 9 pm to midnight at Telescope Lanes.  We thought we would go, until 10 pm came around.(it took until that time to get everyone home and scips. read) by then we were both kind of pooped out.  I still kind of wanted to go, but not alone.  When you get up at 4:30am everyday, you become less of a party animal I guess.
     Grandma Croft is doing  all right.  She is putting that black salve on the lump now and it's turned about half of her breast grey where the tumor is.  she says its very uncomfortable and zaps her energy, but she's hopeful it will extract itself in about 2 weeks.
     I can't think of too much more to say...just looking forward to hearing from you.
Love,
Mom
P.S.  Have a Happy Easter!  We'll be making orange rolls in your honor.
I'm sending the Label for the camera return too.

No comments:

Post a Comment