Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Break/Easter

Hello Sister Nielsen,


Well, I can't believe you have been out 8 months now.  Next month you will have been out 1/2 of your mission.  The year and a half missions really goes by fast.  That is why I still kind of feel short changed.  Well, things are going well here.  We had a good Easter yesterday.  We had our fast and testimony meeting.  It was nice have Easter on fast Sunday.  It was good.  

The nursery class seems to be getting harder and harder all the time.  Ever since we had the older kids graduate to Sunbeams and changed the time we meet to the afternoon, the kids seem to cry a lot more.  I don't know if they are hungry, tired or what.  But I am holding a crying child, mom is holding a crying child and the Samoan mom is trying to control her kid as he goes about throwing temper fits and beating up all the other innocent kids.  It feels like we have been through a 7 round boxing match.  But it is good.  The kids are cute.

Out kids did not do their Easter egg hunt yesterday.  It was fast Sunday so we did not do it in the morning, then after dinner, it started to rain, so we will have the kids do their hunt this morning.  This week is spring break for the kids.  The college had their spring break last week, so I will work this week and if I take off a few days, it will be to finish up some taxes.  

Saturday was a beautiful day here, about 70 degrees outside.  It feels like spring time.

Last week, Cody had a baseball game against Wells, and they won 12-2.  Cody went 3 for 4, but they have him batting in 9th place.  I guess the first few games he did not hit very well.  Then Cody and Erin were in Reno for track and baseball on Friday and Saturday.  Cody's team won all 3 games and I believe Erin ran a 66 on a relay in the 400.  She is still trying to get her time down to around 60 seconds.  This week, Cody goes to Idaho tomorrow I believe for baseball and then he gets home and Cody and Erin leave Thursday or Friday for San Francisco with the Choraliers.  So they will be gone most of this week.  

Grandma Nielsen is doing well.  She still loves to watch the Utah Jazz play basketball.  We are in March madness now and the final 4 are Syracuse, Louisville, Michigan and Wichita State.  Louisville is the only number 1 seed remaining.  Yesterday there was a freak accident in the Louisville game.  One of their players went out to contest a 3 point shot and jumped in the air and came down and landed on 1 leg (nothing unusual) and his leg  snapped in half about 4 inches below his knee .  It was like the Joe Thiesman injury in football, where his lower half of his leg was just dangling. It was pretty gross to watch.

I can't think of much else happening around these parts of the woods.  I am trying to get all our hunting tag information together to send those in before Cody leaves on his trips.

I am excited about General Conference this weekend.  I love general conference and love to here what our leaders have to tell us.  It should be exciting.  Were you able to attend the young women's broadcast on Saturday?  Erin was still in Reno, so she and mom will have to watch it through the internet.

Well, I hope things are going greatly for you and your companion in this new area.  We are very grateful that you are on a mission and serving the Lord.

It is the best thing you could be doing with your life at this point, and you will cherish your mission and the time you spent on your mission for the rest of your life.

We love you and pray for your success.  Have a super week!

Love Dad 



My dear Sis. Nielsen,
     How are you?  Can you believe how fast the time is passing?  It's your anniversary today.  Did you have a nice Easter?   I bought Carly and Adelaide cute Easter dresses at Costco.  For Summer I just revamped a dress she already had.  The zipper was broken so I cut off the top and  made it into a skirt.  They looked really cute, but they smelled like dog... they had gone outside and played with Chica, and they had some remnants of lingering smell.  Erin wanted to know where her Easter dress was.  I figure her prom dress would kind of cover that.  We had the usual meal.  It was kind of rainy so we postponed the egg hunt until this morning.  Adelaide said, "I want the Easter Bunny to come again!"  before the eggs got filled the three little girls "practiced" hunting in the back yard on Sat.  they were funny.  Adelaide told me what mission she hopes to go to... the princess mission.
     Have you gotten any mail from your friends now that they can e-mail you?  It's Spring Break this week and its fun to have everyone around.  It's a lot different, I tend to hang out with them and not get as much done, but it's only for a week.  Addie loves having her sisters to play with.  They have a lovely tea party mess in the living room right now. 
     Grandma was in a lot of pain on Sat., but she has got it under control now.  She thinks she getting ready to give birth to her tumor.  She's in good spirits about it, and feels like she's doing the right thing.  She told me Sarah's (Croft) reception is in Calif. on June 29th.  You know she was engaged right?  We are planning our trip out for that time. 
     The kids leave this week for their Choralier trip to San Francisco.  I think it's supposed to rain.  Erin leaves Fri. morning.  she's among a group of kids that get to go over early by flying out of SLC.  Cody and the rest of the group get on a bus fri. night at 11pm and get travel all night on a bus!  I've always wanted to go as a chaperone, but it's so expensive.  For Chaperones it's 950.00 for 3 days in SF.  I just can't justify that.  I think Ms. Rodgers could do it for less, but she likes to stay in 5 star hotels and eat at 20.00 a plate restaurants.  A lot of the meals are prepaid in the package (hardrock Cafe, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and the likes).  I think she's worried the kids won't eat, she had one like that once...Chelsea Lynn Nielsen Decker.  So now most meals are included.  They are going to Alcatraz and Pier 39, but no broadway show, baseball, or amusement park.  I guess she looked into a show, but the only one that would work with the schedule was Jersey Boys and she didn't think it would  be appropriate.  Erin has never got to see a Broadway show.  She said you lucked out by seeing two of the very best.(Wicked and Lion King)
  Well, I'm going to get this off, so you will be able to get it.  I tried to forward that camera-return label to you, but it won't let me do it.  So, I will just send you my print out.   Love you lots.......don't fall for any tricks, Mom
PS.  Looking forward to conference

No comments:

Post a Comment