Monday, April 22, 2013

I hope we dont send the flu bug through email

Hello Sister Nielsen,
 
Well, here we go again.  You blink and there goes another week.  I had a busy week.  Monday was crazy being the 15th of April and we had our accreditors for the college here meeting with us.  Then I had my accounting class on Monday night.  My throat was hurting pretty bad and I was trying to fight off a cold.  But I made it through ok.  Tuesday, Cody had a double hitter against Carlin with the JV that he played in.  It was freezing cold and there were snow flurries throughout the game.  Mom and I sat in the car the entire time behind right field.  It was a mieserable day for baseball.  Codys team won big the 1st game 21-2 or something and they tied in the 2nd 5 to 5.  Carlin's varsity baseball team was suppose to be pretty good.  I believe Cody got 1 or 2 hits.  Then Tuesday night as I was going to bed, I started feeling funny.  I could not sleep much as my stomack was turning all night.  I kept going #2 losey goosey trying to keep from throwing up.  Had a mieserable night and then in the morning I went and sat in the rocking chair and threw up then and all day until about 6:00 pm. every hour and a half.  I finally took some of Chelseas anti nausiousness medication that she had from her appendisitis, and I did not throw up any more after that and I could finally sleep.
 
I did not go to work for 2 days and did not eat much the next day either.  Friday I went back to work for one half of the day. And about 2, mom and I decided to go to Winnemucca to watch Cody's baseball game against Lowry.  He said he would not play much, but the paper said it was going to be a really good game.  We thought they were playing 2 games on Friday, but they only had 1.  But time we arrange for some to cover moms crossing guard duties we left and got there in the 3 inning and it was 9 to 1 for Elko.  It ended in the 5th inning due to the mercy rule at 19 to 2.  It was ugly.  We got there in time to sit down for 45 minutes pick up Cody and come home.
 
Then on Saturday, Jordan and Sarah Dunn were being sealed in the Jordan River Temple.  Mom and I and the 3 youngest were planning on going over there in the Camery.  Well Adelaide was throwing up all night, so mom and the kids stayed and I went alone to Utah.  It was probably a good thing as mom has slowed down quite a bit since we were there in March.  My siblings all said she was acting funny.  But I had to help her get her pajamas on Sat night and she labors breathing and you can hear her breathing and weezing alot.  She doesn't talk alot now and her oxygen was down to 80.  It is suppose to be about 90.  She also said her blood pressure was up all day on Sat and she did not feel well. But she did go to church with me for sacret meeting on Sunday and to the Temple sealing on Sat.  But I was glad I was there to take care of her.  She needed my help.
 
The sealing was really neat.  The sealer basically reviewed the entire endownment session and ordanances.  He said, every other ordanance we do up to this point is done on an individual bases.  This is the only ordinance that is done jointly or with someone else.  He also talked about speaking evil of the Lord's annointed.  He said who is the Lord's annointed, yes, the prophets, apostles, and yes everyone in that room had been annointed.  So we must never speak evil about our spouses or any one else for that matter.  He also pointed out that the law of consecration to the kingdom of God.  What is the kingdom of God?  Our own household and families should be the kingdom of God as well as the church, etc.   Any way, it was good.  So afterwards, we all went over to Sharon's house for some home made cafe Rio.  It was a good time.  On Sunday, I took mom home after sacretmeeting and then I went to Sharon's ward for sunday school and priesthood.  Sharon was teaching the Gospel Doctrine class on the law of consecration.  She did a great job, and I learned alot about that subject.  After church, mom and I went to Sharon's for lunch as she had lots of left overs.  And I got back to Elko at 8:30 pm. last night.
 
Brandon and Alley and cameron were all there as well. Little Carson, Brandon boy is already walking.  It was fun to see all the family.
 
Sharon also shared this quote with us.  You know in the scriptures where it says if you don't repent you will be left to the buffetings of satan?
 
"According to the 1828 edition of Webster's Dictionary, "to buffet" means "to strike with the hand or fist; to box; to beat." The war in heaven is not yet over, and Satan, our implacable enemy, remembers very clearly our opposition to him in the premortal state. Those who choose Satan's plan in this life must be handed over to him. We are free agents, and we must be given what we choose. Like prisoners of war who have fallen into the hands of a hideously sadistic enemy, these unfortunates will be completely in Satan's power and must endure his full hatred, torture, and abuse. This will, indeed, be hell."  (Commentary on the Doctrine and Covenants, by Stephen E. Robinson and H. Dean Garrett)
 That is pretty scary.
 Any way, we love you and hope you have a great week.
 Love DAD


 


My Dear Sis. Nielsen,
     Aloha!  Dad was really sick this past week.  He had a cold and then on tues. night he couldn't sleep because he had an upset stomach and he had diarrhea.  The next day he threw up pretty much all day.  It took him 2 days to recover.  Then friday night during the night Addie was thrashing around and she told me she was going to throw up, which she did. Luckily, she made it to the toilet.  Then just about 15 min. ago, casualty #3 got it--Summer.  "Who will be next?"
     I got an e-mail from Ardis Jensen.  It was a mass e-mail telling everyone that her grandkids were in a photo shoot for Deseret Book and were in the May catalog.  Her son Mike is DB's communications director.  They have Hawaiian names, Malia and Kai, cute kids. I responded to her e-mail and she responded back saying how much she enjoys reading your blog.  She said she hopes you'll get over to the Big Island sometime.  Her mother lives there and they have a condo there too.  Their house here in Elko just sold, they moved to St. George about a year ago.  She said she hoped I could go over to HI sometime, that it was my turn.
     It's been a pretty typical week other than the yucks.  Cody had baseball in Winnemucca.  He wanted me to sign a permission slip so that he could come home with Whitney's family because the girls' were playing there too.  I didn't think that was a good idea.  He said it's really hard to sleep on the bus, so Dad and I went to the game and brought him home ourselves.  Problem solved!  but not quite. :/
     Sarah and Jordan Dunn got sealed on Sat.  Dad and I and the three little girls were going to go over, then we had the Addie episode, so we thought we'd better not take her if she's sick.  So, dad went by himself.  He said Grandma's not doing too well.  She's much more quiet and isn't thinking straight a lot of the time.  He had a fun time with all Sharon's kids there.  I was sorry to miss it.
    Elder Sanft was back in town and dropped by for a visit.  He still travels around with the other AP and visits companionships.  It sounded like they were dealing with Elders that weren't getting along.  He is so funny, I think he likes our family.  He said he's from the Laie 7th ward.  We were asking him about Manti Tao the Hawaiian Notre Dame player that had the on-line girlfriend he's hadn't even met that turned out to be a guy.  Have you heard anything about him? They were friends in high school, but Manti opted to play college football instead of go on a mission.  He said he e-mailed and asked him about all the stuff and said this never would have happened if you'd gone on your mission.
     Carly is really excited that I (and Dad) are her soccer coach.  We had our first practice and she couldn't wait.  She and Summer play soccer in the backyard a lot.
     Kayla Fackrell had her baby on Apr. 18th--boy, 7lbs. named him Levi.  Ruthe is a grandma!  
Erin said she saw on Facebook that Logan and Cheyenne were engaged.  Getting married in Ut. in July.  Maybe you heard that already.  Are you kind of relieved?  Seems like the right thing to me...I wonder how Haley is taking it?
    I heard the MoTab sing Lead Kindly Light on the Spoken Word  and I thought of you.  We sang that song in ward choir with a very similar arrangement and it took us a long time to get it to performance worthy, but I really liked it.
Mother's Day is coming up and I'm already looking forward to my phone call.
     Have a wonderful week, you make us so proud, we love you,
                                             Mom
PS.  Haven't found the camera receipt yet, but that doesn't mean I don't have it somewhere. I believe the instuctions say it needs to go in the box with the camera.  We may have more time than  I thought, I think if I read it right, it's 30 days from the time the label  is printed, not e-mailed.  Did you get a new one yet?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment