Monday, April 15, 2013

Tax season is almost over

 Hello Sister Nielsen,

 
Well I hope you had a great week.  My week covered mostly trying to finish all the tax returns.  I took off 3 days again this week to try and get everything done.  I still have 12 returns I either need to extend or finish.  Cody and Erin got home from San Francisco this past week and they moved Cody up to the varsity with baseball.  I am not sure I'm happy with that as those seniors on the baseball team are not the best young men in the world.  I don't know if I like Cody being around that kind of influence.
 
They had a double hitter against White Pine on Friday and Cody played 2 innings in each game.  He got a single in the first game and a triple in the second and walked once.  So he is 2 for 2 1000% with 3 RBI's at the varsity level.  So he said maybe I should quit now and end on a perfect note.  We really need to take him in to get glasses.  We were at mom's house going through a bunch of grandpa Nielsen's stuff and there were some old glasses that were huge.  He put them on and said, hey, these really help me see better.  He could read the titles of books on the book shelf with them on and could not read them without them.  So I told him to wear them to prom, but he didn't.
 
Erin went to Boise, ID for a track meet up there on Friday and got home at 1:30 am.  So the kids keep us busy.  Mom and I are going to be the soccer coaches for Carly's soccer team this year.  They couldn't find a coach, so we said we would do it.
 
Saturday, we went to Logan Carroll's wedding reception.  He married Aspen Price, I don't think she is a member.  That is 3 out of their 4 married boys that did not get married in the temple.  We sat by the Allemans and Becky Shumway and they all want to know how Amber is doing on the mission and how Chelsea and Brian are doing.  They all think alot of you girls.  You two did a good job of fooling them. Ha ha.
 
Well there is not much more to report on my end.  I have a busy day today, finishing all the taxes up.  We have our accreditors here at the college meeting with us today and I have my accounting class tonight.  So I will be relieved tomorrow.
 
Sharon called me on Saturday and Jordan and Sarah Dunn are getting sealed in the temple this Saturday in South Jordan.  So we might head over there this weekend.  Brandon and Ally are going to fly out for that event.
 
I guess mom is starting to retain water in her face and stomach.  That is a sign of congestive heart failure.  Every time I talk to her she only talks for a few minutes.  She sounds like she is laboring with her breathing.  We probably need to put her on oxygen and that would help.
 
Well, we love you and always pray for you and your success.  I know the Lord will bless you as you are obedient and continue to serve him faithfully.  I heard something the other day that said a mission will change your life forever and it does.
 
Love,
 
Dad



My Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
    Wow, what a week you had last week...  exchanging, training, engaging in spiritual combat!  It sounds like you are a seasoned missionary now.  What did you tell the black man, when he accused the church of discrimination?  I remember this subject came up in RS a while back and Sarah Blair made an excellent point.  She said there was a time back in the OT that only the Levites were allowed to have the priesthood, and eventually all the tribes were given the privledge, and of course most recently the tribe that blacks fall into are the last of the them to receive it.  I hadn't known that, but it shows that the Lord has chosen when and who was able to receive it. You could research that a little if you wanted to, so you could be more informed if that situation ever comes up again.
     There is a new pediatric dentist in town.  He's a BYU grad. and comes down 2 days a week from Twin Falls.  He's really great with the kids.  We took  the three little girls, because they were due for cleanings and I was pretty sure Adelaide had some cavities.  Everybody did great, no big drama.  Carly actually was cavity free-- all those fillings when she was 4 really made an impression because she has brushed her teeth faithfully twice a day since then.  Summer had a small one that they filled using a laser, so theres no shot.  Addie had two big cavities in the bottom molars on each side and a little one on top on each side.  We took her back the next day to have the filling s on one side done.  They put the gas on her and she didn't even flinch when they gave her the shot.  She actually fell asleep during the procedure.  She got a new silver tooth on the bottom--they capped off the molar since the filling was so deep.  She was so good, but she was dazed and cranky afterwards.
     Summer and Carly's parent -teacher conferences went well this past week.  Their teachers both love them.  Summer got pretty much straight B's, but the teacher was really happy because they started a new curriculum and its about a grade harder than normal.  Carly's teacher showed us how much her math and reading have improved, and she said everyone in the class loves Carly.
     Cody and Erin said they had fun on the Choralier trip.  Erin thought Alcatraz was really interesting.  They won in their division, so Ms. Rogers was happy about that.
    Dads been busy working on taxes this week.  He filed yours, you got a refund from Federal, but had to pay 10.00 to Idaho for some building fund that everyone in ID had to pay.  We just cut the check, so you don' t have to worry about being delinquent in your taxes.
Did I tell you I was ward camp director?  We have a princess theme this year and our ward got Rapunzel.  That should be a fun one.  Chelsea and I can share ideas because they are incorporating Rapunzel in their camp as well.  Even though their theme is flowers and they were assigned the virtue of "Virtue" and the color gold.  They originally were going with the marigold flower and then Chelsea thought they could be the "golden flower" from Tangled.  Brian teased her that if ever there was a way to get Tangled mixed in, she would figure out a way.
     We went to Mason and Aspyn Carroll's reception on Sat. night.  It was very lovely, it had Marianne Carroll's flair all over it. Talked with Becky Shumway there, and she said they already have Jessica's arrive home date/plans in Aug.
Well, I hope all continues to go well for you.  We are planning to go to Utah this weekend because Jordan and Sarah Dunn are getting sealed with their  family in the JR temple!  Brandon and Ally are flying out for it.
Oh...I almost forgot to tell you the latest Addie episode.  I was subbing paper routes on Mon. and Tues. because the kids were gone on the choir trip, dad went to play basketball at the high school and Adelaide was asleep in our bed so he told Summer to get in our bed with her in case she woke up and needed somebody.  Well, I guess Adelaide woke up and saw her there and told her " Summer, this isn't your bed, this is our bed", and kicked her out and so Summer went back to her own bed. Crazy Laidee, that girl.
Love you soooo much, and so happy you're doing what you're doing,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment