Hola Sister Nielsen,
Well you blink and there goes another month. The kids started school. I started teaching my accounting class on Monday night. I have Josh Ackerman in my l class along with a few other students that I know from previous experiences.
Erin drove over to SLC with Alex Talbot on Wed to see her friend Garret from Omaha Nebraska who flew in to go into the MTC. He is going to Brazil on his mission. So mom and I had to do her papers and moms route that she is subbing. We would get up at 4 or 4:30 am. We were really tired at night. We made her a batch of jerky to give to Garret and mom entered the remaining pieces in the county fair. But she left the end patty with the stips that I make after no more jerky will squeeze through the blaster. But it did not look that great and they did not try it and we only got a white ribbon. We did not even recover our entry fees. Sat. BYU played Virginia in football but lost by 3 points. They were winning with 2 minutes to go in the game and they threw an interception and ended up losing the game. It was raining real hard during the game and they had a 2.5 hour rain delay.
Sat. I worked on taxes for most of the day. Sunday, Erin had her interviews with President Shumway and Bishop Talbot. She turned her papers in Sunday night and President Shumway said she should get her call a week from this Wednesday. That is too exciting. Whitney went to church on Sunday and took her roommate from Elko who is not a member. She told her, "alright so when you get there you're probably going to get a warm feeling in your chest. It'll be overwhelming and you won't know how to explain it!" And after they went to church her friend Trisha said, "Whit, I felt it! I don't know how to describe it" and Whitney said, "I told you". So she is already doing missionary work. She also told her roommate, that you will probably have these thoughts and feelings that you should not go back to that church, but that is just Satan working with you. Her roommate said, that is just what I was feeling. Whit also told me, just 2 more Sundays and she can get baptized. She is expecting everyone to be converted as quickly as she was. I think that is really neat.
Well we had a good Sunday over. We had the Broughs over for dinner, a young couple in our ward that is moving out of our ward. We had sloppy Joes for dinner.
Erin was also called as a ward missionary, a few Sundays back, so she and I went over to teach a new member lesson to Sister Perkins. A lady who was baptized just a few weeks ago. It was really neat. The spirit was very strong in our discussion and it was a neat experience teaching the lesson with Erin. I asked this lady to share her conversion story with us, as we did not know her that well. She said she read the Book of Mormon in 2 days, that she just could not put it down. That sounded like Parly P Pratt to me. She has already read it 3 times and is starting the 4th time in less than a month. But we had a great experience. We will go back and teach her again this week.
Well, we hope everything is going well. We really did enjoy your letter where you pasted part of the letter from you companion. She sounds like quit the character. We enjoyed her perspective on things. We got a kick out of her nun comments and her other comments.
Have a super week, we love you and pray for your success daily. We were able to skype with chelsea today and that was neat. She typed up Whitneys conversion story on her blog and it was really neat. I was getting emotional reading it and remembering all those spiritual experiences we shared with Whit. But it was good as we have it all documented now for future generations. I hope to get the truck fixed this week so that Cody and I can go out elk hunting. I have less than a month, but I am trying to get out all my tax returns in the mean time. Have a super great week.
Love Dad
My Dear Sis. Nielsen,
Well, the first week on school went pretty well. On Wed. Carly woke up with a stiff neck. She went to school anyway, but the nurse called to make sure I was aware that her head was crooked over leaning on her shoulder. I said I new she had woke up stiff-necked, but she had not seemed too bothered by it. I think it got worse over the course of he day, because she was really kinked when she walked out after school. She stayed home the next day, because it was still stiff, but I think it was kind of a hookie day for her. She went out with me and helped me climb the peach tree and pick peaches to enter into the fair.
We went to the Fair Parade on Friday and then we went over to the fair that evening to see what we had won. I had also entered a bunch of flowers and Carly drew a cute picture of a mermaid that she entered. She won a blue ribbon for that, and a blue for a plate of peaches and another blue for an arangement in an unusual container which was her ballet slipper. She got a few reds too for flowers. I entered a plate of peaches, that got a blue. I was disappointed it didn't get a special ribbon, but every year is different. I had other flowers that also won some blues and some reds and two whites. I entered Dad's jerky, but he only got a white ribbon. I don't think they tasted it, and I didn't present it very attractively. We walked around and saw all the animals, and Adelaide almost got bit by a horse!
I sent Whitney a box with her scriptures and a bunch of other little things-- toberlone, chapstick, socks, gum etc. she really liked it. she went to church last sunday and took her roommate from Elko. That little gal is doing missionary work now! (I know Dad gave you the details)
Addie starts preschool tomorrow with the mommy group. It's only on tues. right now, but we may add thurs. after the first of the year.
Erin's and Alex went on a rode trip to see Garrett before he went into the MTC. I was a little surprised Dad let her go, but I'm glad, I think it was fun and a good experience for them. I also felt they would be watched over, being future missionaries. Her mission papers went in today, so we should be finding out where she will be sent on wed. Sept.11th Crazy! We need your prediction on where you think she will be called. Chelsea wants to do one in state and one foreign, so let us know.
I hope you are doing wonderfully--any sign of the box?
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment