Aloha Sister Nielsen,
Well, here we are another week has come and gone. We are almost in the middle of Sept. I can't keep up with the time. Erin submitted her mission papers last week and her status is "assigned". So according to President Shumway, she should get her mission call letter this Wednesday. We are all very excited. You will have to let us know your predictions. 1 for outside the US and 1 for a state-side mission.
Whitney update. She is doing really well and is being a missionary to her roommate, Trisha, who is from Elko as well. Trisha went to church with her last week and was planning on going to church with her this week, but I guess, she was throwing up Sunday morning, so she stayed home sick. However, they got invited over to a different members house after church and Trisha did go with Whitney to the dinner and she really liked it. I told Whitney that she needs to have the new member discussions and that Trisha should sit in on them. Both Trisha and Whitney agreed. Trisha told Whitney that she is more serious about the gospel than Whitney thinks. They had a softball game on Saturday and Trisha asked Whitney if they could say a prayer together before the game. Pretty awesome!! They are both doing really well and we pray for them daily.
On Thursday night, I was coming home from work about 7:40 pm, it was dark out side, and a truck pulls out and a guy said, "hello scott." I said hello not knowing who it was. Well it was whitney's dad and he wanted to talk to me. He is not very happy about Whit. being baptized and felt excluded and that we were doing every thing secretly. He said, Whit texted him an hour before the baptism but he did not know if he could go or not, if it was like the temple. He is also upset, that if Whit gets married in the temple, he can not walk his daughter down the isle. etc. He said he had to get this off his chest. Well we were out there for 1 hour. I kept inviting him in, but he did not want to go in. I kept thinking that we are having the missionaries over sunday, they can teach you and you can feel the same thing that Whit felt, but I did not invite him. I ask Whit. for his number, but he said that would be a bad idea. He thought Whit was getting baptized for Cody, etc. I reassured him, we asked her serveral times and she said no. I don't know if he thinks we were behind it, or not or if he is mad at us, He was not real clear on everything. I just know if was not happy about the entire ordeal, nor his mother. We kept asking Whit, did you tell your dad? But she was afraid of how he would react. We are praying for him and I still think we should invite him over to listen to the missionaries and for dinner. Then it is in his ball field not ours.
Erin and I went and taught the new member lession #2 last night to the lady we taught before. I did most of the teaching, but Erin said she was learning alot. I guess there were alot of things that she did not know or realize. For ex. that Christ will be the one who judges us, not the Father. She also ask a good question, about the Terrestial kingdom. She asked will they still associate with their families since the did not make it to the celestial kingdom? I know they will not be seal and I was not sure if they would still get to see and hang out with their families. Good questions.
Cody and the Elko Varisty football team beat Sparks in Sparks on Friday, 55-0. Cody started at middle linebacker. He played a couple of offensive possessions and caught a 2 point conversion and a pass for about 12 yards . I think he did well. We were suppose to go elk hunting sat. morning but he did not get home until 4:30 am. I had taxes to finish any way so I stayed home and worked on taxes.
BYU beat Texas 40-21 on Sat. night. That was a great game. Texas was ranked 15th in the Country. BYU had over 550 yards rushing on Texas, the most ever against them by any school. Texas fired their defensive coordinator on Sunday after that game. BYU look really good. They lost to Virginia the 1st game, but were ahead with 2 minutes to go in the game and they threw a interception and Virginia scored the go ahead touchdown. BYU plays Utah in 2 weeks. I am looking forward to that.
Well, we love you and pray for you constantly. We are very anxious to find out where Erin is called to serve. Have a super week.
Love Dad
My Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
No comments:
Post a Comment