Monday, November 11, 2013

Grandma Nielsen passed away

Dear  Sister Nielsen,
 
Well, as you have probably already noticed from the headings of the other emails I forwarded to you, that Grandma Nielsen passed away Wednesday evening Nov. 6th after dinner.  Darhl detailed in his email the entire account, so I will not go into further detail here, except for the fact that we are very happy that she went peacefully and quickly, vs lingering on in much pain as Dad did.  Darhl and DeeRay both had given her separate blessings a couple weeks ago that said in those blessings that she would prepare mentally, spiritually and physically when it was time for her to pass on to the other side.  One of them also said that Dad would determine when it was time for her to go back home, as we all know dad has little if no patience.  He wanted her now!!  It was a shock as she was doing so well, but we are all happy she went quickly and peacefully.  When Charlene told me the news, my first words were 'wonderful'.  When I told Cody, his response was can you imagine the renunion that is going on on the other side with grandpa and with her sisters.
 
Carly's response was, now Grandma is not a widow any more as she is with grandpa.  What great faith.  We are here in Utah right now, the viewing was last night and the funeral is today.  So I am preparing my talk now. 
 
Cody's team lost in the state quarter finals in football.  We had beaten Lowry earlier in the year, but they came out so prepared for us, it was not even funny.  They had us scouted extremely well, and shut us down.  Cody played well, and his knuckles on his hands were all swollen, etc.  They ran back the opening kick off, so we were down 7-0 in the first 10 seconds of the game.  At half, it was 7-0.  In the 2nd half, our offense turned the ball over 3 times and it seemed like out defense played the entire game and just got warn out and probably lost a little hope in the process and gave up so easy touchdowns.
 
Sat. and Sun were stake conference.  The new stake presidency is President Lewis from 4th ward, Elwood 1st coun. and val esplin 2nd counselor.  Mom did really well in her talk on Sat night.  Our family chior did ok, but it was a little weak as we only practiced 2 times.  I will have to write you later about some of the things they told us, the Elder Gay from the 70's.
 
I better run, if I get more time this afternoon, I will write you more, but we need to go up to Malad to bury mom today as well.  Erin is going to try to receive her endowments tomorrow, but we do not have it scheduled yet, so we will see.
 
We love you and pray for you daily.
 
Love Dad


My Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
 I am writing to you on Grandma Nielsen's computer.  We are here in Ut for her funeral.  Dad forwarded an announcement that Daryl sent out to the family, so that is probably your first news about it.  You probably expected that Grandpa wouldn't be alive when you got home, but I don't think any of us thought that Grandma would be gone too.
But, how wonderful that she went so peacefully and without all the ailments that Grandpa had to go through.  He wanted his girl home.  Cody said it must be quite a reunion up there with all her sisters and with Cleon.  We arrived here last night for the viewing.  She looked really beautiful, natural and peaceful.  She was really adament that the mortician from Malad, ID prepare Grandpa, because she thought he was the best.  She was really pleased with how Grandpa looked and told him, she wanted him to do the same for her.  Uncle Ken came last night and so that was nice to visit with him. The funeral will be this morning at 11 am with another viewing starting at 9:30.  All her kids are speaking.  Then we will go up and bury her next to Grandpa in Malad.
 
We are staying here through tomorrow, because Erin is receiving her endowments.  Pres.  Shumway said she was his last temple recommend interview he would give as Stk. Pres.  His signature on her recommend was the last one he did.  My talk on Sat. session went well.  I prepared by getting up every morning at 4 am and reading and writing down thoughts I had for an hour, before I had to get Cody up to do his papers.  I didn't have a route to sub that whole week so that was a real tender mercy.  I felt really good about the content and thought it went well, I got a lot of compliments from people.  It had kind of a team/sportsy theme to it and Pres. Shumway said it was "a homerun!"  Elder Gay said I did an excellent job.  Whew!  there was a bit of pressure there with a G.A. being present, but I was blessed.  I wrote the whole thing out, so that I knew exactly how long it would be (I was given 8min.) so I will transfer it to the computer and send it to you sometime. Well, they called Bishop Lewis to be the new Stk. Pres. with John Elwood 1st con. and Val Esplin, 2nd con.  Pretty amazing.  Pres. Shumway said he is looking forward to sitting with Becky since he hasn't sat by her and Kate since Kate was only a few months old. It's been 14 yrs.  Miriam was there and she said she loved hearing about you.  Jessica is also engaged, to a guy who was a missionary where they both served in Bulgaria.
 
Kayla Fackeral is staying with the Esplins for 2 months while her husband goes to basic training,  he joined the military.  Thats been fun for them to have baby Levi around.
 
Cody is out of the Playoffs.  Elko lost to Lowry 34-15.  They came out ready to play and scored on the the first kick off.  I think we were kind of stunned and never got our swagger  back.  Cody played hard, but they were just the better team. 
On to basketball,  he is not all that excited.  Klekas makes it hard to enjoy that sport.
 
 Have a wonderful week ,I love you so much,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment