Hello Sister Nielsen,
It sounds like last week was a great week for you two. 21 discussions and 6 with dates. That is awesome. Keep working hard and being obedient and you will continue to be blessed these next few months.
Erin only has 3 more Sundays with us until she leaves. That has really snuck up on us. This past week was uneventful. Cody had his last day of try outs for bball on Monday and he made the varsity team. On Thursday we had his football banquet. He made the Daily Free Press all Elko county team and was also named to the 2nd team all north region. So that is good, but we expect 1st team all state next year. The banquet was long.
He also turned the big 17 on Friday and we did not give him any gifts. He will pick out some hunting boots later. Grandma Croft gave him in his box, a couple books, one that she gave him before and a toy lazer gun which is for 5 year old kids I think. Poor boy does not get much respect around here.
Sat. I stayed home and cleaned all the guns and got things organized at home.
Sun. Meetings, church, home teaching. Erin spoke in the YSA branch, so I went there after our sacret meeting to hear her. Whitney also gave her 1st talk yesterday in Sacret meeting. She read it to us, and she did a good job. We gained some new light on her side of her conversion. She will send us her talk and I will share with everyone. Cody and I did our home teaching and did not get back until 8:30 pm. It was a long good day.
We are still deciding where we are going to spend thanksgiving, in Utah or here in Elko. Erin wants to go to Utah, but cody has practice on friday, so it would be a short visit.
We love you and pray for your success daily. In 22 days we will have 2 missionaries out to write. Well keep up the good work. Have a super week!!!
Love
Dad
My Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
Aloha, my sweet girl. We have had a good week, they sure seem to fly by. Before I forget to mention it--Grandma wants to know if you received the box she sent you ( I believe it was a late birthday box) She asks me every time I talk to her. I guess she sent one to Phyllis, who is now living in Texas and she never got it. It was tracked to her apt., but she never got it. If you want you can shoot her an email (arlenecroft@yahoo.com) or I can tell her.
Monday, Summer had a bball game. She is getting better each game. Dad is quite the sideline coach. She never has to wonder what to do because Dad is always telling her. She plays with a smile on her face. It's so Summer. Tues. I had the little Simons girls come over and we made turkey sugar cookies as a way of saying "thank you" for watching Chica for us when we went to Ut. for the funeral. They love Chica. We went to Cody's football banquet on Thurs. He was recognized as an all county Linebacker--Ist team. That night Erin took him to the premiere of "Catching Fire" at midnight for his bday. I let him go because it was his bday. I did his papers the next morning for his bday, but he still had to go to seminary. He had practice until nearly 9pm that night and when he walked in we were all sacked out...quite the bday partyers. I made him a peach cobbler for his bday. I didn't know he loved it so much, but that is what he requested. We had his requested dinner the next night--Hawaiian Chicken. The Elders and Sisters came over too. We were supposed to have a discussion with the guy I talked to when teaching the paper route, but he got sick and couldn't make it.
Sat. afternoon I took the three little girls to go see "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" performed by the local theatre Co. It was good, and they liked it. Sashel and her husband spoke in church on Sun. Look what your good fellow shipping did. Erin spoke in the singles branch.
We got a wonderful letter from your Pres. telling us you are coming home Feb.14 at 11:25am. What a great Valentines Present.
Love you,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment