Monday, January 13, 2014

Aloha and Hola

Hello Sister Missionaries,
 
We had another good week.  We played Spring Creek in Bball on Tuesday.  The boys won by 23 or something and the girls lost by 13 points.  In the girls game it was a 2 point game going into the 4th quarter.  And Camille tried her old bag of tricks and tried playing all the starters the entire game and they were too tired to compete in the 4th Qtr.  I am sure Erin knows what I am talking about.  I think Cody had 6 or 8 points, but he was the 3rd high scorer for Elko.  They traveled to Sparks and Truckee this weekend and he had 3 points against Sparks and either 2 or 4 against truckee.  They won by 25-30 points but it seemed alot closer on the radio, we just could not shake them.
 
Pahrump was Pahrump, just meeting with all the people/students down there with no jobs and wanting financial aid to help support themselves.  It is a different place down there.  I left Wed. and got back around 7:30 pm friday night.
 
Sat. I had to work and teach the GBC orientation class.  So I worked for 1/2 day and then tried to do some scouting registration that Bro. Harris left for the last week and did not do anything on it.  Sunday was full of meetings from 8 to 3:00 pm.  We did not have any one over for dinner and I worked on scouting registrations in the evening.
 
Amber, would you like to speak the 3rd week of Feb. or the 4th?  The 3rd is 2 days after you get home.  I am not sure if that is too quick or not.  Would you like to have a week to get your feet under you before we have visitors and have you speak?  Just let us know.
 
I don't have alot of other information.  School starts next week and I have a ton to do to get students paid and get my class ready to go for the next semester.
 
Have a super week, we love and pray for both of you.  Erin it sounds like you love the MTC down there playing soccer and having a good time.   I loved my time in the MTC as well.
 
Amber keep working hard right up to the end.  We know you are there for a reason, let the Lord work through you to accomlish his purposes.
 
Love,
 
DAD


My Dear Daughter Sister Missionaries,


Well, another week gone by...whoosh!  I love reading your letters, they are a great inspiration and add so much to my week.  

Cody made some progress on his Eagle Project this week.  The YM didn't have an activity planned so it was the perfect opportunity to get them involved in helping out.  Dad was gone to Pahrump this week, so I had to help him get all the stuff (big heavy targets and stuffing materials) to the church.  We thought we would take the Trooper, but it wouldn't start.  I had driven it and gone over a bump and must of giggled the battery so it wouldn't make the connection.  No, big deal, just open the hood and "give it the giggle" and it usually starts...right?  Well, when I went over the bump it also forced the hood to shut (you know how Dad kind of leaves it kind of ajar?) so we couldn't open it because it's old and the latch is really hard to pull and I felt like it was going to break something.  So, we decided we had better take the Suburban instead, only problem the van was parked behind it and it had a dead battery (it had been getting weak the past couple of weeks, don't know if it's the cold or what.)  We tried to roll it back (easy) and then push it to another spot (hard) Cars are just heavy.  So, we needed to jumpstart it to drive it to another parking place.  We got the Camery pulled over, jumpstarted the van, move it over, loaded the targets into the Suburban, which was probably the only car that may have fit them anyway.  Oh, truck? you might wonder... it's being fixed so it's at the shop.  We finally get him over there, he was only 5 min. late.  Good thing we were going over early.  I then had to run to a mtg. at the Alleman's house for BYU Alumni.  We are having the BYU Young Ambassadors come to Elko in Mar. and we are getting that all planned.  They are a singing and dance group--think of a super great show choir.

Cody answered Romney's Sadie's Dance invite.  She had given him her baby picture with a sign that said, "I've been wanting to go to Sadie's with you since I was a baby".  He kept the baby theme going and I color copied that cute baby picture of him when he was about 9 mos. old in his little blue suit with the bow tie and buttons on the jacket.  He wrote a note that said, "It would bust my buttons to go to Sadie's with you!" YES  I took it to school and had it delivered to the Choralier room.  He had left that morning to go on a basketball trip to play Sparks and Truckee, which they both beat.  The end score always makes it seam like it was easy, but these teams always seem to play their very best against us, so they kind of hang with us for a quarter or two and then we steadily pull away.  We play Lowry in Elko on tues.  Looking forward to that one.  Summer really likes to watch the games now.

I have been looking a bunkbeds on line as a possible solution to having all the little girls sleep in one room.  Carly said, "Mom might get us a bunkbed and Addie said,"I don't want to sleep in a bumpy bed!"  She says funny things like that all the time.
We have new sister serving here from La'ie HI  She is older (30), but has a wonderful testimony.  She has been living in Orem the last 3 yrs. 
Kylee Olsen is looking into going on a mission too.
I got a call on my answering machine a couple of days ago and I really thought it sounded like you Sis. A. Nielsen, but it was Sis. Wright!  I called her back and we had a really fun chat.  No wonder you love that girl so much.  She said you had taught her so much and how great you two got along. She had nothing but praise for you.  She wanted to know when your talk was going to be, so she could come out.  We will need to figure that out and let the world know.  The Allemans said to have it on the first sunday following your return, because the next is Pres. Day 3 day weekend and they will be gone.
Well, I love you both so much, and I love that you love serving missions.  We are sooo blessed!
love, Mom
Sis. A-- the Jensens should be arriving there soon for their mission
Also, Sachel had a miscarriage :( But she was in good spirits at church
Sis. E-- It doesn't take any extra time to hit the shift key ya know,  when I first read "lima" I thought you were talking about the bean and not the city...just sayin'.  love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment