Monday, January 27, 2014

Last week of January

Hello Sister Missionaries,
 
I look back on this past week and wonder what did I do and where did it go?  Monday was a holiday MLKing day.  Tuesday was the start of the spring semester.  I only had 8 students sign up for my accounting class so the decided to cancel the class.  So I will not be teaching accounting this semester, which is probably fine.
 
Work is always busy at the beginning of the semester.  I have been spending alot of my 'spare' time on the scouting recharter for the church.  We changed the Young Mens Presidency and so we needed them to fill out new scouting leader forms, etc.  Wed. evening we had the FAFSA night at Elko high school.  Thursday night we had mutual.  Thursday evening, I was up all night on the pot again.  This time instead of throwing up, it was the rocky mtn quick step.  It was like water running through me all night long.  So I did not go to work on Friday.  They only thing I ate that the other family members did not eat was a pomegranate, and perhaps that was too much for my weakened system.
 
Friday night I did go to the games and do the clock.  Boys blew out Fernley by 62 points.  Cody had 5 points, a 2 pointer and 3 for 3 at the line.  Cody did not play much as he is in Klekas' dog house for some reason.  Cody does not know why.  I guess Thursday night at practice he was getting on cody alot and did not let him participate in practice the last 45 minutes.  He usually plays on the scout team against the starters and Stephen Klekas told him to go in and Coach Klekas asked him, "who told you to play?", and stephen said, I did and he told Cody to go sit down.  So who knows what he did or did not do.  He played sparingly against Fallon as well.  We beat Fallon as well and now only have 6 league games left until regionals.  Nick Meo said, Klekas is probably seeing his window of opportunity for a state championship closing and is getting grumpy and nervous.  If he can't win with this group of boys, he will never be able to win. 
 
I have alot to do with year end payroll and quarterlies, so I am going to be extremely busy this week as well. 
 
Hermana Nielsen, mom and I were both very impressed with you  counseiling of the other quarreling sisters.  We thought that was good advise. 
 
Sister Nielsen, we hope you have are able to accomplish the reasons the Lord has sent you to this new area.  Hermana Nielsen, we hope you are understanding and learning to say everything in spanish and teach with the spirit.  We are excited to see who you end up with and what area you will be serving.
 
I am not sure if I told you this before, but Serima Thompson the girl on spring creeks bball team, is suppose to be getting baptized in the church as well.  Now we will have to like her as she is on "our team".
 
We love you both and pray for your continued success.  We hope you have a super week.  This gospel is true!!  Whether the people accept it or not, it is all worth it and all part of Heavenly Father's plan.  Enjoy all these moments you both are experiencing as these are truly some of the most special times in your lives.
 
Love
 
Dad


Dear Super Sisters,


Well, another week gone by...it's flying.  Her. N. will be leaving the CCM and heading out into the actual mission field this week.  Will you have an address that can be printed in the missionary address section of the ward bulletin?  Sis. Hiles was asking me, since she writes it up each week.  Or is it easier to just put the email?    Let me know.  Bro. Baumann also keeps asking me for your plaque order form.  You need to tell me what scripture you want inscribed on it, and then I can give it to him.  A picture would also be nice.

My visiting teachers came this last week.  Robin Eardley,  only now she's Robin Ballew visit teaches now.  She was giving the lesson and how Christ is our greatest example, anyway she went on to share an experience involving me that happened 20 yrs ago when she had just gotten divorced from Heath's Dad.  She had arrived at a RS conference or something and she was looking around and trying  to figure out where she would sit.  She said she was feeling self conscience and awkward and like people were looking at her, and I patted the seat next to me and indicated for her to sit by me, which she did.  It brought tears to her eyes to talk about it.  She said she appreciated that so much, that she had a friend to sit by and wasn't treated like an outcast.   I didn't even remember that, but she has never forgotten it.  It goes to show what  a simple act can do to affect someone's life.

Thursday night we went to a 4-H family Bingo night.  Cody and Dad went for about 45 min. until they had to go to Mutual.  Cody was so pleasant about it.  I'm sure he didn't care for any of the prizes, but he went even participated and was so good natured about it.  He is a great kid.  It helped that they had candy to eat.  He had his interview for his Patriarchal Blessing.  Now we just need to make and appt.  He went to Sadies with Romney Goulding.  They each said it was really fun.  They had a big group--9 couples.  The Welches made the dinner.  I will let him fill you in on it.  He said he is going to write this week.

Sadie Goulding told me yesterday at church that a girl on the dance team, Sierra Atoa is interested in the church.  The dancers always say a prayer before they perform and at first she used to kind of scoff at it and kind of make fun.  But, since Whitney got baptized she has been asking questions and seems genuinely interested in the church.  I think she even talked to Whit about it.  Hermana N. your prediction was right.  Whitney's example is paving the way for a lot of other kids and there will be more baptized because of her.

Elko played Fernley and Fallon this past weekend.  We clobbered Fernley,  the mercy rule (40pts ahead) went into affect before the 1st half was over.  I was getting so bored.  I even dozed off.  It got a little exciting when Cody tied up the ball with one of the Fernley players and kind of threw him around during the tussle.  That kid got up, puffed out his chest and went right up to Cody's face and said something.  Cody just smiled patted his puffed chest and walked away.  He handled it really well.  We beat Fallon too, but it was even going into the locker room at the half.  We played much better the 2nd half and won 61-37.  I stayed awake during that one.  The boys and girls are both leading the league.

We talked to Kylee Olsen yesterday at church.  I guess the mission papers are in and they are just waiting for her call.  She seems really excited.  What do you think of that change of events,  Herm. N? I went to a baby shower for Angela Mills on Sat.  She is having a girl after 3 boys.  Sis. Woodward is having a boy, to add to her 2 girls and Melanie Myers is having #4 a girl--sister for Peyton. It seems everyone is getting what they would have ordered.

We love your letters so much.  I was amazed at how you handled those combative Hermanas!   I thought that was very mature and insightful to do what you did.  It is interesting to me how you were prepared to give advice, because you had experienced something similar with your own companion.

I  love you both!  Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment