Monday, January 20, 2014

It feels like Spring

Hello My daughter missionaries.


This week passed by super fast. Monday was normal day. Tuesday we played Lowry and the girls won and the boys won by 17 or 18 points.  It was a 3 or 4 point game at the end of the 3rd quarter and elko clamped down the 4th quarter.  I think Cody was 3 for 3 from the line and another 2 pointer.  Connors only had 2 points and their big tall 6'10" guy only had 6 (their best offensive players).  But as mom is describing the games did not get started until way late and we got done 10:30 or 11:00 pm at night.  

Tuesday I had to go to Winnemucca to meet with students for financial aid. That evening I went to Lowry high school for FAFSA night and I did not get home until 9:30 pm.  So 2 late nights.  Cody left for vegas on Thursday.  They played Green Valley high school on Friday and beat them by 17 points, cody only had 1 2-pointer.  Then they played Cheyenne High school on Sat and beat them as well.  Cody only shoots 1-3 times a game he needs to shoot more.  He had a 2-pointer and 1 for 2 from the line.  Elko played Las Vegas today, they are the number 4 team in the state and Elko is the number 9 team in the state and Las Vegas won 50-47.  Cody had 1 2-pointer and 3 for 3 from the line.  They will come home today.

We had Lilly a girl from our ward stay with us Thursday night through Sat night as her parents went to SLC.  But all she wanted to do was hang out in Erin's old room and text boys all day long.  I was happy when they picked her up.  I don't want Summer and Carly around that influence.  Sat. morning we woke up and it was 48 degrees in our house.  The furnace had gone out.  So I got on Youtube and watched a bunch of videos on how to fix a furnace, and sure enough I found the problem, the ignitor had burned up.  But all the furnace stores that sell parts were closed on Sat. and Sun.  So we had to live in the cooler for 3 days.  They were open today and I went down and bought the part for $35 and it works great now.  Saturday I had to work for about 4 hours, but I had big plans to get alot of other things done, but spent it mostly on trying to fix the furnace.  But $35 is a lot cheaper than a $150 service call.  The van has a dead battery and I need to fix it as well, but have not had time. 

 Sat. night we went to Jessica Shumways wedding reception.  It was very simple and quit nice.  They had a hot chocolate bar, and you could add different things and flavors to your hot chocolate.  When we went to bed that evening I had some stomach pains and didn't think much of it, but I was miserable during the night and ended up throwing up all night.  So I stayed home from church as I did not want to infect any others. I think it was the 24 hour flu.  I don't have time to be sick.

Sister Wright called us Amber and is trying to make arrangements to be here for your homecoming.  We told her we feel like we already know and love her and we have never met her yet.  She is working as an ordinance worker in the Provo temple.  She and her family are going back to visit Hawaii sometime in Feb. or March.  Mom thought she sounded just like you Amber.

Well Erin, you need to watch your soccer skills as they must be sending uncertain messages to other Elders, hahaha.

Today I had off from work for MLK day and after I fixed the furnace I just spent 4 hours over at Silver State Fire trying to get their payroll issues straightened out and help them with W-2s and W-3.  So here we are late in the day and I have not sent my letter yet.  

We are so happy you both are serving missions.  We love you both and pray for your continued success.

Have a super week.

Love you both,

Dad


Dear Super Sisters,

Well, we have not had any snow in weeeks, and now it's getting kind of serious.  It's still cold, but the days are sunny and it feels like spring is on the way.  We had better get some precipitation or we will have a very dry summer.  The lake by Grandma Crofts is really low, like just a wide river running through it.  I guess you can see the foundations of some buildings that was part of a community called Mormon Island, that was abandoned when they decided to build a dam and flood that whole river basin.  It hasn't been that low since the late 1970's.  They are on water restrictions there.

Well, this last week...One of the highlights of the week was we beat Lowry.  It was a good game, but as we do with most of the teams we have been playing we squash them mostly in the last quarter.  Calvin Connors was held to only 2 pts.  The girls JV went into 3 over times and ended up loosing by 2.  The boys JV went into overtime and won by 1 pt.  The Varsity girls won pretty easily, by like 15 or so.   The boys won by 18 I think.  All those overtimes made the boys game start about 1 and a half hours later than usual.  We got home by 11pm  I felt bad Lowry had to go back to Winnemucca that night.   Cody is in Vegas now playing in a tournament with competition that has been challenging them a bit more.  We didn't go, Dad had too much to do,  but I got a text from Nancy Jordan during one game that said Cody had just tied up a ball with a 290 lbs. guy and pulled him down on top of him.  That guy has a football scholarship  
to play at Oregon.

Last Sat. night we went to Jessica Shumways wedding reception.  She married a guy from her mission.  The reception was really nice and simple.  They had a hot chocolate bar with a big thermos of hot cocoa and then 5 different syrups you could add--like raspberry, carmel, peppermint, etc.  They had lots of mix -ins and different kinds of donut holes to go with your cocoa.  It was really nice.  Miriam was there and she was really excited to hear about you, and to see you again. 

Sister A.--Sis. Wright called us again to see if we knew when you were speaking so she could book her flight to HI around when you speak.  Dad got to talk to her this time.  We decided it will be the 23rd of Feb.  if any one in your mission wants to come.  My mom just told me this morning that there is a young man from Nibley, Ut in my Mom's brother's ward (Uncle Lyle) that is serving in the Honolulu mission.  His name is Elder Doxey.  Do you know him?

Hermana E--  I am glad you are having such a great time in the CCM.  It sounds like EFY everyday down there.   Who is the guy in your picture doing the bicycle kick?  Is he the college player? Would you quit impressing the little Latinos!  You are going to break their little hearts.

Funny Addie story... We went to the park on Sat. because it was so nice, and Adelaide was playing with some other kids.  I could hear her laughing and having a good ol' time with this boy of about 6 or 7.  Then he had to go and she didn't know his name, so she just said "Bye, Silly Man".  His parents just laughed.

WE LOVE YOUR LETTERS!  Have a great week.  I love you both so much, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment