Monday, May 5, 2014

Cant Wait til Mother's Day!

Hola Hermana Nielsen,
 
I hope you had a great week and are getting more and more fluent with the language.  We had a pretty busy week.  On Monday, Cody played his makeup game against Fernley in Winnemucca.  So we (Mom, I and the 3 younger girls) drove over there.  It was a very good competitive game and Elko won 4-3.  Fernley had some of the best pitchers in the league that I have seen thus far.  Cody got hit by the pitch twice, once in the middle of the back.  Cody thought the pitcher was trying to hit him as he crushed one down the 3rd base line foul on the pitch earlier.  And then he had a sacrifice bunt to advance the runner and grounded out on the other play.  On Tuesday, we played Spring Creek in Spring Creek and they beat us 6-1.  The same pitcher who beat us 1-0 pitched and Elko only had 4 hits the entire game.  Cody got one of the 4 hits and he has been doing alot better on his hitting as he has been the only one on the team not striking out these past few weeks.  But now we have one more week left before Regionals.  Elko plays Dayton at Dayton this weekend.  Elko is tied for 1st with Fallon and Spring Creek and South Tahoe are tied for 3rd and 4th only one loss behind Elko and Fallon.  The top 4 teams go to regionals and they are all very close.  It will be a tough series no matter who we play.
 
Summer had a softball game on Tuesday night so I went to that game after Cody's.  Summer is doing very well and is one of their better players.  She plays short stop and hits the ball well.
 
I had a dental appointment on Wed. for the Dentist to check my teeth and I go back today for a cleaning appointment.  Mom's birthday was Sat. but she was sick with the flu the entire day.  All she said she wanted was a clean house, so we tried to do some cleaning and I tried to fix the dish washer.  It has not been working lately and I wanted to see if I could fix it before we spent all that money on a new one.  I went on Youtube and looked up a few videos and did a lot of cleaning.  I think we might need a new lower sprayer as it has melted.  I did alot of cleaning and maintenance on it though.
 
Sunday we had good meetings.  Sierra Atoa was not there and I have been very worried about her.  I woke up Friday morning at 2 am worrying about her and could not get back to sleep.  I texted her to come by my office so I could talk to her and she said she would and then never showed up.  Her boy friend from Oregon came up this weekend and spent the weekend with her at her house, so I am not too happy about that.  She is going to Oregon this weekend for his prom.  The sister missionaries brought Sierra over to our house last night and we were able to visit with her.  She looked a little different, she was not as happy and shining to me.  She said that she is not even friends with those 2 other girls from the dance team who were taking the lessons with her.  We are going to have Sierra and the Elders and Sisters over for dinner tonight for cinco de mayo.  We will see if Sierra will show up or not.
 
Greg Barker got put in as bishop of the Elko 2nd ward yesterday.  And he choose Brent Barnum and Jessop as his counselors.  He will do a great job as Bishop.
 
Well I can't think of much else.  Please let us know what time we are going to skype on Sunday so we can be all prepared.  Have a super great week.  We love you and pray for you every day.
 
Love
 
Dad


My Dearest Hermana Nielsen,


Well, I did it, I ordered your Sr. Portrait from the company that took your yearbook pics.  I thought that it was too late to get any, and I regretted that I hadn't put a picture of you up on the wall in all your Senior "Drapage".  So, when they emailed me and told me that the pictures would be deleted on Apr. 26 , I decided to jump on it, especially since they threw in 20% coupon code.  It came Sat. and it looks so good.  I am happy I did that.
Things have been pretty normal with the usual.  I went to a camp meeting on Tues. and I am going as the camp director again.  Camp is going to be held at the Lion's Club boys' camp up in Lamoille canyon.  They wanted something different for the girls this year.  We will be sleeping in the A-frame cabins they have there and also the meals are cooked and served in a mess hall all together which will be nice.
Carly had her first soccer game Fri. and we won 11-0.  Carly scored 1 goal.  I have a hard time holding back my girls, they just pound the other team with shots.  I have all the same girls back and they are a lot of fun.
Saturday, my birthday, I woke up not feeling too well.  I felt like my stomach had a brick in it and that things weren't moving.  Dad offered to do the papers for my birthday, but I thought walking and moving around would make me feel better.  I did the papers then  came home and threw up.  How fun is that to be sick on your birthday?  I had big plans for the day.  I wanted to be super productive and get everyone working to clean the house.  I had no ambition.  I wasn't nauseous any more, but still felt really weak.  Cody spent most of the day out at one of the Neff's ranches helping brand calves with Vivian.  He said it was a lot of fun, but hard work too.
Amber gave me the coolest gift!  She framed one of her blouses from her mission and put her missionary name badge on it.  It was the one she wore into the MTC. She said she wore it a lot, and had many memories associated with it.  It was pretty worn out, so what better way to preserve it.  I love it!  so, take note :)  Summer made me a pumpkin pie from scratch, and we ate it on Sun. when I felt 100% better.
It's Cinco de Mayo today, so we are having Mexican tonight.  The missionaries are coming too.
Hope you have a wonderful week! I love you,
Mom
PS We will probably Skype you in the morning on Sunday before church if that can work for you.  6 hrs ahead you say?  The Elders will do their thing here after church, so there shouldn't be any conflict.  Can't wait... that will be better than my birthday I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment