Monday, May 12, 2014

Super Mothers Day!

Dearest Hermana Nielsen,


Well, that was fun!  What a day.  It was jam packed, but a lot fun.  It started off with church which was really good.  Sister Sargeant, mother of 11 spoke, and also a new family in our ward that came from 1st ward, and are renting the McEntire's house.  They are the Johnsons and they have 2 cute little kids.  They gave us frozen individual sliced pies for our Mothers' Day treat, just like what they did last year.  I taught a primary class, because they are short on teachers.
After church is where it got a little crazy.  The ZL Elders wanted to use our house for their Family-Skype purposes.  So, they were here, and we invited Bro. Affuola, the big Samoan guy in our ward since his family is away in HI visiting family.  He was pretty quiet during dinner and afterward, but he hung around and was seemed to enjoy the festivities and laughter.  Amber invited the YSA Elders over for dinner too, since they didn't have a dinner appt.  It is transfers this week so the ZLs hung around until the transfer email came, and then after all was quiet I was finally able to call my mumsie and wish her a Happy Mothers' Day around 8:30 pm.  We are actually going to go Cali. to see them this weekend when we go to Cody's Regional Baseball game in So. Tahoe on thurs.  We are hoping Amber can go since its been so long since she has visited, but she is scheduled to work.  She may try to get it off. 
Heres a glimpse into last week.....
Mon. was Cinco De Mayo, so we had Cafe Rio food and invited the Sisters and Elders over.
Dad was the "Watch Dog" at Northside on fri. and he impressed all the kids with his bball skills and his Spanish and just knowing so  many people.  One little girl wanted to hold his hand at recess.  He said Mr. Melver is leaving Northside to be the principle at BM jr high.  He has been the principle at NS for the last 6 yrs, and said he just needs to be closer to his family, because he has missed out on  a lot of stuff with his kids.  I really liked him, I don't know who is replacement will be, but he will be missed.  They sent out a teacher request paper and Carly's choices for 4th grade teachers are:  Mr Parish, Ms. Powers, and Mrs. Crawford-Hank.  Any opinion on those?
Well, it was WONDERFUL to see you and talk to you yesterday.  I hope you didn't feel bad that we were kind of harping on you.  I felt bad afterwards...write longer letters, study Espanol everyday, correct spelling, bla bla bla.  Can you forgive us?  You just keep being the most amazing missionary you can be.  I wish Addie would have not been in one of her moods, where you can't tell her to do anything.  Last week she got up at 4:30am when I got up and she stayed awake, but later that morning she was playing outside and I went to check on her out front and she was laying face down in the grass.  I thought she was playing, but after trying to get her to respond I picked her up and it was obvious that she  had been sound asleep.  I think the grass was warm and the sun was shining and she just got sleepy, so she just impersonated a dead child on the front lawn.
I hope you have a wonderful week,  I love you, Mom
P.S.  I'm glad you got to visit with Amber and see her face, she misses you a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment