Hola Hermana Nielsen,
Well this past week went really fast. Amber left yesterday to go to Utah to be a EFY counselor. She is really excited about that, but we miss her a lot. It is fun having your kids back in the home with you. She will be great at that. I took the day off on Friday and spent Friday and Sat. fixing up the camry for Amber to take. I changed the oil and they I replaced the door handle on the drivers side that had broken off. She washed and vacuumed it and it looks great. She was gone from Thursday to Sat. camping and a temple trip with the YSA branch up in twin.
We still can't find my sleeping bag that mom and summer lost at girls camp, so she did not have a very good sleeping bag to take. Cody left for Washington, for the Gonzaga camp and the other bball on Wed. And he will get back this wed. So mom and I and the 3 younger girls are at home and it is very quiet. We disconnected our tv cable so it is very quiet around here.
Nancy Wills died and bishop was out of town, so I had to conduct the funeral services for that. I am not sure I will every feel comfortable conducting a funeral. It was short and sweet.
We had a ward activity at johnny appleseed park on Friday and I played baseball with all the little kids and that was fun. Well I can't think of much more to say. We love you and are happy you are on a mission. Keep working hard and be obedient and the Lord will bless you. Alex Jordan had his farewell yesterday and that was nice. Vivian neff had her wisdom teeth pulled and they still did a song for it. She was not quite as swollen as you were.
Have a super week.
Love
DAD.
My Dearest Hermana Nielsen,
I loved the story of you turffing it! You go to such great lengths to capture "the moment". :)
I hope you got your money situation figured out, and that your debit is working.
Well, after going to Hawaii, coming home and having 4 days to catch up on house and laundry, then it was off to camp for a week. Finally home and ready to have a break and dive into the house chores; then we had two funerals last week, that the RS helped serve lunch, then a ward activity we were in charge of. Today is the first day of the summer break I have felt like I can decide what I do today. The BATHROOMS ARE GETTING CLEANED!
Its been a good week- Sister Halls took the three little girls out to McDonalds and then back to her house to watch a movie on Wed. That morning Cody left for his basketball camp at Gonzaga. He will be gone for a week. He wasn't all that excited to go since this is AJ's last week and he wanted to do stuff with him and the gang and listen to his farewell talk.
Thursday we went to a 4H activity at Angel Park where we painted t-shirts and had fried chicken for dinner. They had a bunch of food leftover so we got to take it home. Yeah!
Friday I went out with the Sis. Miss. and we taught a first discussion to a guy and his girlfriend. It was fun. We invited them to our ward party that night, but they had plans. We had " subs, salads and softball" at our ward party (thats how we advertised it) There wasn't a big crowd there, so again we got to take food home. Yipee! Dad played (coached the kids in the softball game--you know he can't help it) and they had a lot of fun. They didn't want it to end.
On saturday Dad worked on the Camry all day. He ordered the part to fix the broken door handle, and once again turned to YouTube to talk him through it. He fixed the door, put on new wiper blades and put the missing hub cab on. It don't look ghetto no mo! Amber was happy when she got home from her YSA Camp in Twin Falls, since she was going to take it to Provo for EFY training. Oh and he changed the oil too. We went to Alex Jordan's open house at the church that night. It was really simple just cake, punch and chips. He's all ready to go and is quite excited. Vivian was there and she had just gotten her wisdom teeth taken out the day before and so she was a bit puffy.
The next day, (sunday) we went to AJ's ward to listen to him speak. He did a great job. That boy has really come around. He said he's not worried about what he'll miss when he's gone , but knows he would really miss out on a great experience if he didn't go on a mission . Nancy was in tears a, you can imagine.
Amber left yesterday to go to do her EFY thing. It was really kind of sad when she left. She took a piece of my heart with her. It has been so wonderful to have her around, I am going to miss her, but I know she will be a fabulous counselor and she will love it. so, happy for her that she gets to do this.
Have a wonderful week, I love you so much, and I know you are a great missionary! Love,Mom
I loved the story of you turffing it! You go to such great lengths to capture "the moment". :)
I hope you got your money situation figured out, and that your debit is working.
Well, after going to Hawaii, coming home and having 4 days to catch up on house and laundry, then it was off to camp for a week. Finally home and ready to have a break and dive into the house chores; then we had two funerals last week, that the RS helped serve lunch, then a ward activity we were in charge of. Today is the first day of the summer break I have felt like I can decide what I do today. The BATHROOMS ARE GETTING CLEANED!
Its been a good week- Sister Halls took the three little girls out to McDonalds and then back to her house to watch a movie on Wed. That morning Cody left for his basketball camp at Gonzaga. He will be gone for a week. He wasn't all that excited to go since this is AJ's last week and he wanted to do stuff with him and the gang and listen to his farewell talk.
Thursday we went to a 4H activity at Angel Park where we painted t-shirts and had fried chicken for dinner. They had a bunch of food leftover so we got to take it home. Yeah!
Friday I went out with the Sis. Miss. and we taught a first discussion to a guy and his girlfriend. It was fun. We invited them to our ward party that night, but they had plans. We had " subs, salads and softball" at our ward party (thats how we advertised it) There wasn't a big crowd there, so again we got to take food home. Yipee! Dad played (coached the kids in the softball game--you know he can't help it) and they had a lot of fun. They didn't want it to end.
On saturday Dad worked on the Camry all day. He ordered the part to fix the broken door handle, and once again turned to YouTube to talk him through it. He fixed the door, put on new wiper blades and put the missing hub cab on. It don't look ghetto no mo! Amber was happy when she got home from her YSA Camp in Twin Falls, since she was going to take it to Provo for EFY training. Oh and he changed the oil too. We went to Alex Jordan's open house at the church that night. It was really simple just cake, punch and chips. He's all ready to go and is quite excited. Vivian was there and she had just gotten her wisdom teeth taken out the day before and so she was a bit puffy.
The next day, (sunday) we went to AJ's ward to listen to him speak. He did a great job. That boy has really come around. He said he's not worried about what he'll miss when he's gone , but knows he would really miss out on a great experience if he didn't go on a mission . Nancy was in tears a, you can imagine.
Amber left yesterday to go to do her EFY thing. It was really kind of sad when she left. She took a piece of my heart with her. It has been so wonderful to have her around, I am going to miss her, but I know she will be a fabulous counselor and she will love it. so, happy for her that she gets to do this.
Have a wonderful week, I love you so much, and I know you are a great missionary! Love,Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment