Hola mi querida hija. Como esta todo? Espero que todo ande bien en su area y con la obra misional. This week went by super fast. Mom and Summer were at girls camp at the Lion's club up Lamoille canyon from Tuesday through Sat. Cody had his basketball camp here in Elko and then he left for Boise for a bball tournament up there. So he was gone most of the week. That left Amber and me with Adelaide and Carly at home. Amber was working most of the time, and I took them to work with me the 1st couple of days, but they did not like being in my office the entire day and having to be quiet. So on Thursday and Friday, Carly and Adelaide stayed home by themselves. Everything turned out ok. Carly folded all the finders and did a great job. I had to do the 2 paper routes by myself on Friday and Sat, so I was getting up at 4:30 am to try and get back home by 5:30 am for the morning trading.
Things went just fine. We got a new dishwasher on Thrusday as the other one stopped working, and it took me about 6-8 hours to uninstall the old one and install the new one. I had the water turned off and the electricity off most of the day on Thursday. I told the girls to just use one bathroom, and I guess Addy was holding it in all day, so that was not good. Friday evening to celebrate them being good and staying home by themselves, I took them to the park for snow cones and to let them play in the park. They enjoyed that.
Mom and Summer got home about noon on Sat. and somehow, they did not get home with my good sleeping bag, so we will need to locate that. The only thing of value that they took, they lost.
Yesterday was a busy day. I had meetings all morning, then church, then I did the tithing and we had 6 missionaries over along with Lois Gurr who was baptized a couple weeks ago in our ward over for dinner. So we had a full house. After we cleaned up dinner, we had Sister Hirst come over and help us with our family history work, since we all want that protection from the evil as Elder Bednar talked about. We did not make too much progress in 1.5 hours, but I think it helped us to look in certain areas for new names.
Well we love you and are happy you are serving a mission. Keep working hard, being obediant, and studying the language and the Lord will bless you will miracles. Have a super week.
Love DAD
Dearest Hermana Nielsen,
It was really cold the first 2 days and then it got nice towards the end of the week. We went to the Lions' Club Camp up Lamoille Canyon and slept in the A-frames. The girls were divided by years, so that was different. They liked it a lot. Summer made friends with lots of girls and one from Eureka really latched on to her. Summer was recruited to lead the camp in "Arista shaw". They said it was a Nielsen tradition and she was the next Nielsen. They did it with her the first time, but anytime after, that she did it by herself. You would have been proud, she has a pretty good English accent to boot!
No comments:
Post a Comment