Hola Hermana Nielsen,
Como le va? Espero que todo ande bien con usted. Estoy hablandole en usted porque me dijo que no entiende tu.
I hope you had a great week. This past week went by really fast. I have had a few big projects at work I have been working on lately. Also last week, our president received an email from the chancellor of the Nevada system of Higher Education saying that they were going to speed things up with the shared services option for financial aid. They have been talking about consolidating the financial aid departments for Truckee Meadows, Western Nevada Community College and GBC for the past 6-8 months. But the Director of Financial Aid at Western could see the writing on the wall and he started interviewing and found a job in Florida. So with his departure, they are thinking this is a great time to do all the consolidating of duties and want to have it done by next Feb. 2015. So we will see if I still have a job after Feb. 2015. They said they are going to decide where to have this centralized office, but we all assume that they are planning on having that office in Reno since they are more centralized. Also, they are using the Director of Fin Aid from TMCC as their expert advisor. My boss tells us not to worry, but she really has no control over the issue. The chancellor will make all the decisions.
Bishop Bryce has been down in Arizona with his family the past few weeks, and Sister Harris has been in Utah most of the summer, so mom and I have been doing alot of food orders and welfare items for the needed members of our ward. I did not realize how much time the Bishop spends on these type of items. It seems like every other day we are needing to do another food order or cut a check for someone. Both Bishop and Sister Harris get back today, so I will be happy to turn things back over to them.
At the fishing derby, we were doing our normal thing. It was kind of crowded and the water level was higher, so there were limited spots to fish and this one family let us squeeze in next to them. And we were the only ones catching any fish. Adelaide caught 2, Summer 1 and Carly 1. But we did not see any one else catch any fish. Others did, but they must have been on the other side of the lake. The one dad who let us squeeze in, said to us after we caught our 4th fish, you guys aren't going to be allowed to fish here any more. So I started feeling guilty and I said, I will tell you what, the next fish we catch, we will let one of your kids reel it in. They could cast lots to see who went first. Well I caught another fish and their older daughter about 10 or 11 reeled it in. It was just a normal size fish. Then the their little 5 year old boy wanted to catch a fish, so I told him he could have the next one I caught. So about 5 minutes before we had to go up to lunch, I caught another fish and the 5 year old reeled it in and it was a big one. He was happy, and won the biggest fish competition for his age group and I am sure it was the biggest one overall. He won a fishing pole and I went over to look at his pole and he came up to give me a hug and then hesitated and his mom said, it is okay, you can give him a hug. So he gave me a big hug and I told him not to let his mom use his new pole as she had broken 3 of them during the competition. They were happy.
We had gotten up at 4 am to do the papers and have time to leave to the derby. When we got home, I cooked up all of ours and Cody's fish and then it was time to go the the church Pioneer Day celebration. We did not get home until 9:30 pm. I was exhausted.
Yesterday was a good day. They had a world wide church invitation to have 50,000 people do indexing from 5 yesterday to 5 today. But when I went online at 5, all the batches were taken and the system was down. I went on about 9 pm and indexed a obituary from Pennsylvania. So I got my quota. Also I spent some time looking up Whitney's family on ancentry.com. I am trying to help her find her family members and teach her so she can do that and do their baptisms and confirmations in the temple up at Rexburg. I think she would really enjoy that and catch the spirit of Elijah. But I was able to find her mom and dad's marriage license in 1994 and I found her great grandfather on her dads side and all his family on a census back in the 1930's. She is coming over tonight and I hope to get her started and get her logged in to family search. We could already have 4 generations on her dad's side. I did not look for her mom's side yet.
We love you, and pray for your success. We hope you have a super week.
Love
Dad
Dearest Hermana Nielsen,
I'm glad you told us about the people you are teaching, because we can pray for them and help your ability to teach them and hopefully soften the heart of that cranky husband. What else are you up to? Do you just rattle away in Spanish now, without any hesitation? We have been telling people your pick pocket story and they think that that is incredible. You were so blessed!
Summer and Carly have been enjoying the Indar practices. They get up and get ready all on their own, get their water bottles ready and are excited to go each time. It's good for them, they haven't really done much this Summer. The team left for Bend, OR last week, but since we were so new, we didn't even consider it. We are hoping to go to Calif. some time to visit Gram and Gramps. He was able to go home from the care facility on Sat. and he was really happy about that. He was looking forward to Mom's cooking. They were able to rent a hospital bed and put that in the family room where he could watch the TV. They are kept busy with taking care of him and JP is a big help. We will have to see if it will be OK if we come.
We got some engagement announcements this week: Cousin Cameron and Amelia are getting married Aug. 16 in the SL temple, we will plan to go to that. Also, Stephanie Binnie is getting married. Her fiance was dressed in a plaid shirt and wore cowboy boots, so I think he might be kind of a cowboy. Sister Fine (remember her?) got married on Sat. to her longtime boyfriend in Washington. They didn't see each other for 3 yrs while they were both serving missions.
Saturday, we went to the Angel Lake Fishing Derby. Carly was so excited, she kept counting down the days, and even drew a picture of her fishing. Cody, Jason Wilson, Brandon Jenkins, and Ozzy Moreno drove up together and hiked up to Smith Lake and went fishing up there. Earlier in the week Cody went with Romney, Tyler Gowans, Vivian, and William Gardner to go on a hike up there. It was Tyler's last hurrah before going into the MTC last wed. Cody caught a lot of fish then, so when his friends heard about that they decided to make a trip up. They got back down to Angel Lake in time for the lunch.
Cody caught 14 fish! but he let a lot go because he was over his limit.
We were once again successful at the derby. Carly got smallest fish in her age group, and won a fishing pole. Adelaide most likely would have won biggest fish in her age group, but Dad helped a family who weren't having much luck, who were fishing next to us, and the fish he reeled in was a big one. But that kid was so happy. I went with Adelaide when she went to the education classes and when we were learning about boat safety the game warden teaching the class asked the question if it would be a good idea to sit in the back of the boat close to the propeller where you might fall off, and Adelaide said loudly and completely serious, "No, because you could die". It was the only comment or answer she gave the whole session.
Later that night we had a STK Pioneer Day Celebration at our church building. It started with games at 5pm-- egg toss, stick pull, 3 legged race, gunny sack race etc. I did the sack race and won. Dad wouldn't do the 3 legged race with me, I think he was embarrassed to do it. We had pulled pork sandwiches and everything else potluck, it was really good.
Amber is in Pennsylvania doing an EFY session there, She seems to be enjoying doing that.
Well, have a very wonderful week, love you so much, Mom
PS I assume you got things figured out with your debit card, yeah?
No comments:
Post a Comment