Monday, July 28, 2014

Hola Mi Querida Hermana Nielsen

Estoy contento que ya estas latina.  Cuando empieza pensar en espanol, ya esta mejorando en el idioma.  When I look back at the week, I can't remember much significant happening.  The missionaries were suppose to teach a discussion in our home on Tuesday and we were all ready when we got the call that the people had canceled.  Then we were suppose to have another appointment on Friday, but that message never got communicated to the family, so I went with the missionaries over to the home of the Beck family, the husband got baptized a little over a month ago and we had a lesson with them.  They are doing really well.  We continue to do more food orders and help people out as the Bishop and Relief society president were gone.  Bishop got back some time this week and I told him I could not belief how much time was spent on welfare items. 
 
We did finish all the shelving in the fruit room and got that painted.  So we can organize everything now and get my office area cleaned out.  On Thursday at mutual, we were going over all of Cody's scout information to see what he needs to finish up his eagle.  He looks like now he is only missing his camping merit badge, but he thought he already had that, so we are looking for his sash now.
 
It was a hot week.  We are still subbing the paper routes and friday we had to do the 5 routes plus 600-700 finders, so we were running around like crazy, with both the back doors open to the van and throwing papers everywhere.  Cody said this is like throwing snow balls but you don't get in trouble for it.  We had a good time.  We are developing quite the system.  Mom driving and cody and I throwing out the back side doors of the van.  She was just driving down the middle of the street and we were having a good time.  I only put one paper on top of a guys house.  Not too bad.
 
Well we are rapping up the summer months.  Summer turns the big 12 this Thursday and gets to go to mutual.
 
On Sunday, we had Whitney and Jacob over for dinner and then I helped Whitney get logged in to family search and helped her try to find some of her family members.  I thought that would be great for her to be able to find her own family names and do their temple work for them when she is at BYUI. I could not duplicate my efforts while she was here, but as soon as she left, I was finding her great grandparents on her dad's side.  I had a bunch of names and birthdates.  We need to find out what part of Spain they came from and research that part.
 
Amber left Pennsylvania and went to Palmayra New York this weekend.  They saw the sacred grove and Niagra Falls.
 
We love you and are happy you are doing great.  Keep working and studying hard and the Lord will bless you for your obedience.  Have a super week.
 
Love
 
Dad


Dearest Hermana Nielsen,


Things sound like they are progressing.  Do you just solely converse in Spanish now?  The purple snot stuff sounds like that purple corn drink that Marlene used to make.  

Well, we told you about our car struggles.  We have the Van back working now.  The lady mechanic that Dad knows from the college told us that it could be something in the memory chip and that she knew a trick to try and reset the idle.  She said to rev the RPMs up between 2-3 for about 3 min. and we did it and it has kept idling without dying ever since.  Huge tender mercy!  I am so happy to have my car back, and subbing the paper route on the Southside is so much easier than in the Trooper.  They have been dropping off the Finders for those routes and last week we rolled and delivered 670 Finders over there.  There is like 14 bundles of them!  It takes a while to roll all of them--Summer and Carly have helped out.  They will put on a movie and do it, then comes the fun part according to Dad and Cody.  We load them into 3 of the huge industrial size garbage bags, (they would break the regular ones because they are so heavy) and start dive bombing the houses and trailers with them from the car.  I drive and Cody and Dad sit in the back with the side doors open and they have contests to see who can get them closest to the door.  We have papers flying out left and right.  They laugh and think it is the funnest thing ever.  I groan when I see the Finders show up each week, but Cody sees it as more "ammo".  He said its just like egging houses, and getting paid.  They seem to have all the fun and I get to do the work.  Its like filling water balloons--it takes so long to fill them and so quick to throw and break them.  They are changing the sub contract, so that they don't pay $25 per route/day.  They want to lower it to the same rate as regular routes (.12 per paper) plus a $25 a week bonus.  I don't think its worth it, so I may not be subbing routes anymore. 

Cody has been working on his Eagle Scout stuff.  He had to attend a City Council mtg last week to finish his Communication Merit Badge, and he and Dad met with the Scout Leaders and was able to figure out what he has to do so he can send in his application.  He has his drivers' test scheduled for Sept 3.  It would be nice if he could drive himself his senior year.  He thinks he'd like to drive the Trooper.

Dad and Cody have been working on the fruit room shelves.  They are all in and we stained them a grey color.  Today we are going to start putting food on the shelves and moving things out of that room where everything is all stacked up... Making progress! :)
We attended Robin (Eardley) and  her husband Jeff Ballew's sealing reception on Sat. evening.  They were sealed the day before in Logan Temple.  They did kind of a cute thing as part of their guest book.  They had a photo booth right where you walked in and you went in and had your photo taken with props and stuff.  They took 4 pics and Dad kept thinking it was over after each one, and so I had to grab him and put him back in position before the next flash went off.  You got to keep one of the strips and then you took the other one and put it in their book and wrote a message with it.

Whitney over for dinner last night and Dad showed her how he gets on the computer and finds names for temple work.  He wants her to learn how so she can do her family's work while she's up there in Rexburg.  I saw on the internet where Rexburg/BYU-I campus had a thunder storm and it rained really hard in a short amount of time and got flooded.  Mattie Esplin said she walked home from Campus in water up to her knees.

Amber is in Palmyra this week with efy, I hope she will get to see Kylee.
Have a wonderful week, I love you, you wonderful Latina!,  Mom
PS --At the fishing derby last week I asked Carly why she didn't wear a hat, to keep the sun off her head and she told me, "I'm not really a hat-girl, I'm more of a scarf-girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment