Hola Hermana Nielsen,
I hope you are able to give us your address and phone number so Marlene can get in contact with you and meet up with you. That might change her life to see you with the missionary mantle. This past week has flown by again. You have been out almost 8 months now. Next month is your over the hump month. We are still subbing the 3 routes on southside plus doing yours and Cody's routes, so our mornings are very busy with papers. Cody has to help mom on Tuesdays and Thursdays as I go to bball in the mornings. They are having the senior olympics here in Elko now, and I qualify. Anyone over 50. But it cost $20 to enter and $2 per event, so I decided that I did not need to prove anything competing against those old folks. I thought it sounded fun at first.
Cody went out to Vivian's ranch to work on their ranch for a few days on thursday. He will come home Tuesday. They have a 14 mile cattle drive tomorrow Monday that he wants to do. I guess he killed a rattle snake and they cooked it for dinner. Not much meat on it he said. I have been trying to finish all my tax returns so I can concentrate on Codys elk hunt which is coming up in a few weeks. We are getting excited for that.
On Wednesday, I had the sisters from temple square call me and wanted to know if I could join them in a discussion on the phone with a guy from Arequipa, Peru. I told them heck yes, that would be great. I have a daughter serving her mission in Peru right now. But when we called him he was not home. That is the 3rd time that I was going to be involved with discussions on the phone with spanish people, but none have been able to pan out yet. I was bummed.
Well things are going well here. Cameron Dunn gets married in 2 weeks, so that will be fun to see all the family. We have not been to Utah in several months. Without grandma and grandpa there, there is not a lot of pull to get over there.
Amber is back in Utah now. She is loving the EFY, but it is a lot of work. It will be good to get her home for a few weeks before she goes to BYUI. We hope you have a super week. We love you and pray for you daily.
Have a super week.
Love DAD
Dearest Hermana Nielsen,
I went down to Wells Fargo on Fri. and talked to them about your card and the problems you have been having. The guy I met with said that if he called the help line they would ask him if the person he was helping was in front of him and had shown him a government issued ID (meaning you). So, he could not call on your behalf but he could look up your account and see the times and places that your card had been declined, July 10, I think was the last time. It would not show him a the code explaining the reason for the decline. He said you should try to use it again and then if it doesn't work, call the help line within 48 hrs. and they should be able to tell you why. He also said it might be just easiest to request a new card and that is pretty simple to do. He also mentioned that all the new WF credit cards now have a chip in them that requires a pin number to use. I guess all other countries have been doing this, it makes sense so if someone stole your card it would be useless without knowing the pin. If it is a "chipped" card it will have a gold shiny kind of box on the front. I don't know if yours is. But your issue is more with the debit, so see if that helps you to get it resolved, cause yea, we want you to get us some cool stuff :)
The girls have been doing the Summer Reading Program at the library and they had a coloring contest sponsored by Dr. Alleman's office and Carly and Adelaide entered in their age categories. Carly won! We will go over there tomorrow and get her prize. I think its a $25 gift card.
We had a family (the Becks) over for dinner and FHE. They have two little girls, the oldest if Addie's age. The husband got baptized in May and Cydney his wife hasn't been active and now they are all coming to church.
Wed. I went and donated blood and they asked if they could take a double donation, meaning 2 pints, because my blood A- is a more rare type. So, I said Ok. They give you back your plasma, (the clearish fluid that gives blood its volume) so as not to deplete your supply. I had never done that before, because it takes longer and I usually had Adelaide with me.
Summer had a pretty low key birthday. She wanted to have some friends over, so she invited the Goulding girls and Hannah, sister Hessing's daughter that visits during the Summertime to come over to hang out for the afternoon. They played on the slide and hucked water balloons at each other. She wanted Lasagne for dinner, so I used some of Gram/Gramps old meat from their freezer. It was beef, but from what era of steer I don't know. It wasn't so great, but we ate it. Then for her birthday cake I used one of the ones from their food storage as well... you might have guessed it had been around a while too. It didn't taste bad, but it didn't rise hardly at all and tasted more like a donut than cake. She got a few presents, but mostly she hopes to replace the trampoline tarp. Poor Summer, but she never complains, just smiles. She got to attend Mutual for the first time that evening, and she had fun. Alivia Goulding was really happy because she has been in there since March and now Summer has joined in.
I also went to Bookclub that day and Laurie Sandall brought Heather (Shumway), so that was fun to see her, she is visiting for a few weeks. It was 12 years ago to the day 7-31-09, that I was missing bookclub because I was in the hospital giving birth to Summer Rae.
Cody left that morning to go out to Ruby Valley with Vivian to work for a few days. Their family said they could use a ranch hand and since he didn't have football for the next week, we let him go--with a few stipulations: this is work, not play, and no midnight rides, star-gazing, and there needed to by chaperones HA! He is sleeping in the bunkhouse and having a great time I guess, playing cowboy. Today they were going to move some cows about 15 miles, so his bum will be pretty sore from riding.
On friday we were all really tired from getting up early doing papers all week, so since we don't have TV anymore we decided to have scriptures and go to bed. I don't think I have gone to bed a 8:00pm since I was 5 yrs old! It was still light outside. Weird, but very restful. Chelsea does that every night!
On sunday we had the Elders and Sisters over for dinner--I went to the missionary correlation mtg. for Susie Harris and their calendar was pretty open. I hadn't really planned for dinner guests, but I was prepared. We cleaned out the fridge and fed them all our leftovers. We had smoked a turkey that week, so I was planning on making turkey soup out of the bones. We also invited a new couple that moved into our ward and also Sister Halls since Bro. Halls was out of town. They all appreciated it so much! I had made banana bread early that morning before it got hot, so we had that, rolls, the turkey soup, Turkey Divane, watermelon, all the stuff out of the crisper to make a salad, and for dessert I just whipped up some cream and served a dollup on top of some of my canned peaches. Voila! It was all really good. The Sisters said they committed Ozzie to baptism and he said "yes".
Glad to hear your coat is getting good use , it is a beautiful coat and I'm sure you look darling.
In the Jensen's newsletter from Hawaii, she said they had a group of 20 Chinese from Mainland China come to the Visitor's Center and 10 got baptized before they went home. They only had one day to teach them all the lessons and baptize them before they were going back to China. There was an Elder in the Honolulu Zone who spoke Chinese so he taught them over on Wailkiki where they were staying. They are so prepared when they come, and they know that they can't be baptized in China unless its by a blood relative, so they are going to HI seeking to be baptized. Isn't that cool? I guess its happening like that in Hong Kong and Australia as well.
Love you so much, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment