Monday, August 25, 2014

1st week of school!

Hola Hermana Nielsen,


Well I was glad to hear that you finally met up with the Espinels.  I am sure that meant a lot to them.  I will copy and include the message that they sent to me about it.

Hola Scott! Hoy mi familia y yo tuvimos la grata sorpresa de reunirnos con la hermana Nielsen, y pudimos conversar , leímos la biblia , oramos y compartimos una tarde muy bonita. Ella està muy bien, asombrosamente habla el español muy bien, incluso mejor de lo que hablas tú 😀... En serio, habla muy bien ! La vimos distinta , està mas Madura , demuestra tener un corazòn humilde y es tan Bella por fuera como por dentro. El lugar donde ella està es un poco peligroso y es un lugar bastante humilde. Mi familia y yo quedamos muy contentos de verla. La familia López son personas encantadoras y estàn cuidando de las misioneras. Nosotros mañana estamos regresan do a Dominican Republic. Aquí te envío una fotito . Cariños y abrazos para toda tu familia.

Today, I befriended another family from Peru, (Joisee Nunez) they said you ate lunch with them yesterday and that today you were being transferred to another city.  That was not too long in Villa de Salavador.  They said you went to san juan de miraflores.  Miraflores, isn't that where the Espinels were from?  Perhaps you are in that area to teach their families.  Sister Nunez said you were an excellent missionary and that they miss you alot.
 
Well, last week was a craaaaaaazy week.  With mom gone, and having to sub the 3 paper routes, it was nuts.  We would get up at 4 am and cody and I would do the sub routes and then summer and cody would do theirs.  Amber would have to help out on Tuesday and Thursday so I could make it to bball at 5:30 am.  Then every evening we had meetings for back to school.  On Monday, we had cody's parent meeting for football, and his meeting with the college teachers for his ENG 101.  He has Ms. McMullen as you did.  Did you rent your books for that class or buy them?  Tuesday, we had the 4 am to 8 at night as we had the choraliers parent meeting.  On Wed. I had and adjunct faculty meeting until 8 pm with the day starting at 4 am.  The poor kids had nothing to eat.  I was not home enough to even make them dinner or anything.  I am not sure what Addie ate all week.  Cody made some jerky for our elk hunt and I think that is what they were living on.  Thurs. we had Mutual and we got home about 8:45 pm.  Friday we had a ward back to school picnic in the park and the bishophric was in charge.  So I had to make 10 pounds of BBQ chicken, the others were doing pulled pork.  So I was running around like a chicken without a head. and got home late that night.  Sat. I had to teach orientation at the college and worked all day.  Mom did not get home until around 6 pm.  Cody wanted to go to the archery club after his scrimmage in Winnemucca and then we had to get to a reception for Jason hiles and his new wife.  So we got home after 9 that night.  I still have 19 tax returns I need to get done before Cody's elk hunt which starts today and my accounting class starts tonight here at GBC.  So I did not have any time to do any thing I needed but do papers and run to kids meetings.  I also had to go with Summer to Adobe on my lunch hour to meet her teachers and find her locker and classes.  We never did make it to Carly's classes that day.  She has Ms. Powers.
 
Sunday was busy with meetings and Young women new beginnings.  Then we had family home evenings and I gave all the kids fathers blessings.  I will be glad if I can get caught up on some things around here.  GBC started their classes today, so last week was my busiest week of the year trying to get all the students paid.
 
We had good meetings on Sunday and it was nice to have mom back at the home front.  Addelaide was going around trying to get someone to let her play with their belly so she could relax and go to sleep.  She could not find any volunteers.
 
Well we hope you love your new area.  We love you and pray for you daily.  Have a super week and work as hard as you can.  You are almost at the hump of your mission.
 Love DAD





Dearest Hermana Nielsen, 

We saw a picture of you and the Espinals, that was fun.  What did they think of you communicating to them in Spanish?  I'm glad you were able to see them.  You look so good in your coat too.  Well school started today.  It always seems kind of strange when everyone heads out the door, but I'm sure it will be routine by the end of the week.  Summer went to Adobe, she was hoping to meet up with Alivia Goulding.  They plan to start walking home (towards Alivia's) and then I will intercept them somewhere along the way, kind of like what you and Kylee would do.  Carly was excited too, her little friend Payton Jacaway came up to her when she got out of the car, and just gave her a hug.  They are so cute together, Payton is a really good soccer player and she is estatic that Carly is playing Indar.  Adelaide and I will hang out together today.  I hope to do some sort of preschool with her.  Cody was on time for seminary this morning; he and Jacob have a contest/bet about being on time, so at least for today he is 1/1.  I still suspect he and Sis. Sandall will still become  good friends  :)  He goes in for his driving test next week, so he better pass!

Well, last week I wrote you that I was going to BYU for Ed. week.  I had a really wonderful week.  I stayed with Paula, like we did.  She was really good to me, we would exercise in the morning and then she would make me a little breakfast to go (granola bars, fruit, etc.)  I went to some really good classes, and saw Dirk and Pam Bleazard and Cynthia Blair.  I took grandma's car down to Provo and back and then caught a ride home with Linda Hirst.  Elder Bednar gave the Devotional on tues. and he talked about Social Media and how we are "supposed" to be using it, but for righteous purposes like spreading the gospel.  He said to "flood the world with good messages, one drop at a time."  We shouldn't waste our time with it, but we can be bold and brief posting gospel messages.  Pretty interesting... Dad might have to replace his blank blue man picture now.

Things at home weren't quite as rosey.  Dad had to go to all the  student-parent mgts. for football, Choraliers, and Summer's Open house at AMS.  I had not had time to go shopping or do laundry before I left, so they had to really fend for themselves.  On top of that he has 19 tax returns to finish, and his accounting class starting today and Cody's Elk hunt starts today.  Plus he continued to sub the paper routes.  Holy Cow!  The stress got to Dad and he got a coldsore.  He  wasn't too happy with me, but we got it resolved.  I think he learned that single parenting is way hard, and I learned that I should never do that to him again.

Saturday night we went to Jason Hiles and Katy Cooper's wedding reception, it was really nice, but those Hiles have a wild side and there was a lot of dance dance going on.  Amber had never seen or heard, "Gangmon Style", Lenny Escobar looked like he had, he was having a good time dancing and being Lenny.

Well, we understand you will or have been transferred, I hope your old Hermana gets someone who will protect her.  Fill us in on the details, love you so much,  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment