Monday, August 11, 2014

Rainy Days and Mondays never get me down

Hola,


Como esta?  The espinels are still trying to get ahold of you.  They even went to Villa del Salvador and found one of our churches and left you a note there.  They would really like to see you.  Did you talk to your President yet?  I gave them the phone numbers to the mission office and they are going to call them to see if they can get your address and phone number.
 
I am including the messages that Marlene left me:
Hola Scott, Hoy estuvimos en Villa el Salvador, y pudimos encontrar la iglesia , dejamos una nota para Erin y esperamos que llegue a manos de ella. El lugar donde ella está es muy pobre, hay mucha tierra , la gente es bastante humilde. Ojalá logres hablar con ella para que me des su dirección y así nosotros la podemos visitar. Es hermosa la misión que ella está haciendo , Y hay mucha humildad en ella para poder vivir con tanta pobreza.   
 
Hola Scott, Mi familia y yo estamos ansiosos de visitar a Erin , parece que la nota que dejamos no la recibió. Nos encantaría visitarla antes de viajar a Santo Domingo, ojalà tu nos puedas ayudar con la direcciòn de Erin.
 
So I am hoping they can get ahold of you.  They are outside of Lima until miercoles, and then they will get in touch with you.
 
This week was a blur.  I went to Pahrump to visit with the students there all week. My heart goes out to many of the students that live down there.  I met with 3-5 students who really have no family life.  The mom has 5 kids with different fathers, and the longest they have stayed in a home or apartment is 6 months.  Most of them dropped out of high school and have been living with friends and their family life gives them no stabbility. It is kind of sad.  I felt like adopting many of these students just to give them a stable home life.  We received a lot of rain last week.  On my way down to Pahrump, they had flash flooding in the dessert.  On the way down, one side of the road looked like a raging river with rapids and about 3 fleet deep and 300 yards wide.  The water was just running like crazy, sometimes over the highway.  I have heard about flash floods in the dessert, but never have seen it until this week.  I came home on Thursday night for mutual.  It was combined activity and we played badmitton.  It was really fun.  Cody and I played a few games after it was over and that was fun.  I beat him 11-7 the 1st game and was up 4-2 in the 2nd.  We were playing in the gym and we were both running around like crazy and sweating a ton.  Any way it was all good.
 
On Tuesday night 7 youth were driving back on north 5th street going too fast and rolled their vehicle.  6 of them were LDS.  Zack Daniels was driving and Sabrina Welch was in the passenger seat and they both had their seat belts on and did not get hurt too much.  But none of the rest of the kids had seat belts on.  Reagan Goulding crushed a couple vertibraes (broke her back) and will be in a body cast for 3 months and will not be able to dance her senior year.  Emily Anderson was not hurt too badly, and Ian Neisbit was cut up on his back, but nothing serious.  But Trevor Stone and Nick Palasio were in the very back where no seats are and they were ejected  Trevor Stone had a colasped or punchered lung and he was suppose to be released from the hospital yesterday.  Trevor and Nick were life flighted to SLC and Reagan they took over to SLC in an ambulance. Nick had bleeding on the brain and a crushed vertebrae as well, but he was released and was on a cruise the last I heard.  Reagan got out of the hospital on Thursday.  So mom was watching the Goulding kids for a few days.  Mom also took the Gouldings dinner on Friday.  Then on Friday night we all went over to the Gouldings to help them with the finders and then went out and delivered them.  It was fun.  We finished in a little over an hour.
 
Last week in church Nancy Jordan came up to me and asked me what the deal was with Whitney.  I did not know what she was talking about, but Whit told her she was not going to BYUI and wanted to go to UNR or Boise State.  So Whitney has been on our minds all week.  Cody talked to her and she has dropped all her classes and has decided to work until Dec. to save money and go to a school that "she wanted to go to".  I texted her, but she is very slow to answer my texts and said she is going through some changes and wanted to be with her family.  She has not been to church the last 2 weeks.  So we are very worried.  She told cody that she stopped reading her scriptures and saying her prayers.  I think these past 2 months she has gotten back with her old friends and the pressure of her family and she is giving in to their influences.  All I can think of is Lehi's dream of the people who taste of the fruit and then fall away due to the mocking of the great and spacious building.  Hopefully Amber can talk to her.  But she is acting like her dad now and very short and abrupt with us.
 
Amber got home from EFY on Sat night.  So it is great to have her back home with us.  Ossie went to church with Jacob Conklin yesterday, so we invited them to eat dinner with us.  Then cody and Jacob took him to missionary prep and to the late sacratmenting.  He had about 8 hours of church yesterday.  Nothing like breaking him in easily...
 
We hope you have a great week.  We love you and pray for you daily.  Keep working hard, the time passes too quickly.
 
I am now friends with someone in your area from Peru,  I will attach the message they left me on facebook.
Kelly Ayllon del Carmen Hermano somos la familia Lopez Ayllon y conocemos a la misionera Nielsen es una persona muy bella y la queremos mucho , aquí le mandamos unas fotos , se q usted habla muy bien el español así q podrá entender lo q escribí jajaja saludos a su esposa e hijos . con mucho cariño la familia Lopez.
 
I am assuming you know these people, you are in their pictures. I am also friends with this person now from Lima, do you know her?  Sonia Rafael Lorenzo
 
Have a super week, and work hard.
 
Love
 
DAD


Dearest Hermana Nielsen,
 Were you able to work out your debit card problem?  I hope the information I gave you helped.
What a week! It has rained cats and dogs for about 4 days.  I love it though, its not too much too fast, so we haven't had any problems with the basement.  The rain really greens things up and I don't  have to water.  It felt like I was in Hawaii!

Monday was the last 4-H activity.  Kathy, the director got another job and so the program is done.  That was kind of sad.  We really liked doing all the activities.  They had a luau--catered it was good.
Tuesday I took Carly to Dr. Alleman's office to get her prize for the coloring contest.  She got a check for $25 and she got to pick out a pair of sunglasses.  She got some Ray Bans in an aviator style.  She looks pretty cool.  Too bad they are small sized for a child.  I've never had a pair of Ray Bans!  those are like $50 glasses.  They also took all the kids picture for the newspaper.  After that we went to the park for the National Night Out, which is a free community BBQ and education fair put on by the police, fire and rescue people to educate kids about safety and how police are our friends.  Another night of free food, I love it.  That was also the night of the teenagers' accident up North 5th st.  Dad covers it in his letter.  They were all really lucky.  Raegan Goulding was in the hospital in SL for 4 days, but one good thing is she got to go see Wicked with her parents who already had had tickets to see it on Sat. afternoon.
We also found out that Whitney has decided not to go to BYU-I,  She and Cody went for a walk  and talked and she said she had been slacking on her pray/scriptures, so he challenged her to get back int he habit.  I felt so bad about her and worried.  I was more fretful about that than  the accident with the kids.  So, pray for her Hermana.  I thought she was so solid, but it just goes to show that those roots in the gospel are tender and have to be nurtured for a while.  Since she and Cody broke up she has been struggling it seems.  I was just hoping when she went to Idaho she would meet lots of good LDS YA and love it. Elder Cruz stopped by to visit.  He has finished his mission and his Dad and brother drove out to Reno to pick him up, and they were making their way back to Ut and stopping and making visits along the way.  It was good to see him.  He knew you were in Peru.  He said he had gone in to Costa Vida a few times last summer and seen you there.

Amber got home on Sat. night.  It is good to have her home.  She always brightens things up just by being around.  All the girls and I went to JCP to do some shopping since I had a coupon that was going to expire.  Shaeli Wilson was working there and she asked about you and said to say "Hi" .  She is not running track anymore, because of a hip problem.  
Lindsay De Angleos had her mission homecoming talk on Sun.    Amber went to that and saw Tiffani and Tucker.
Well, I hope all is going well for you, I love you, Mom
PS  that looked like some taco party!

No comments:

Post a Comment