Monday, October 20, 2014

Adelaide is 5!

Hola Hermana Nielsen,


Make sure you delete that extra record for Cleon in Family Search.  All of his temple work has been done.  This past week, we have been sharing the flu bug. Adalaide started throwing up on Tuesday night.  Cody and Summer were throwing up on Thursday night and mom and Adelaide were throwing up on Friday night. Cody and Summer stayed home from school on Friday and Cody did not travel with the football team to South Tahoe.  But Elko won any way 49-28.  The game was very long with tons of penalties.  Ms Rodgers and Lynette Davis were announcing the game and he got more of his name mentioned for tackles than when he actually played.  They said, Cody Nielsen caused that fumble and Cody Nielsen was in on that tackle, while he was laying on the couch sick.  We got a good laugh over that one.

Carly had her last PAL bball game this week, she scored 1 basket.  Summer was sick all day on Friday, but ran in her track meet on Sat. and got a PR in the mile. 6:27 and won 1st place.  So that was good.  Cody and I went deer hunting on Sat. and hiked up almost to the top of the Ruby Mtns and, but we only saw about 30 does and fawns.  No bucks.  There are a lot more hunters out this year.  We saw about 10 other hunters.  He only has one more Sat. to hunt. His season is only open 13 days and with football that only gives us 2 saturdays.

BYU lost to UNR this weekend, without Their quarterback, they are pretty bad.  He broke his leg.  Cody finally sent in his eagle application.  I had to work late on Monday, Tuesday and Wed. finishing up all those tax returns.  But I got them done.  You got a refund of about $400.

Elko football team is in 2nd place behind Fallon and they play Dayton and Spring Creek at home the next 2 weeks.  I still think with different coaching, we could have beaten Fallon.  Oh well.

We hope you have a great week.  Work hard, and study the language!  You only have 8 months remaining. Addie wanted 5 presents as she is 5 years old.  For her bday, mom made biscuits and gravy and when Addie got up and saw what was for breakfast, she said, I wanted eggs, but this is ok, I like it.

She is quite the character.  Enjoy your week, we were suppose to go to the temple on sat. but a few of the people could not go and with Cody being sick, I canceled it on Friday.

Have a great week.
Love dad,




Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,


We have a fun, busy week.  Monday and tues was Honor Choir for Cody.  His very last one.  I asked him how it felt to know this was the last time he would be having to sing at 6 hr rehearsals. He said, "Good".  I told him little did he know how much that freshman trip to Hawaii was going to cost him.  He has enjoyed Choraliers, even though it has been tough with dealing with Klekas and the conflicts with bball.  The concert was really good as always, and Cody was recognized as a 4 yr. honor choir participant. Woo woo.
He actually opens his mouth now when he sings, and Ms. Rogers loves him so that makes things alot easier to deal with.
Adelaide had a good birthday.  I considered giving her a party, but she has never really had experience going to other parties, so I thought it would be better to wait til next year, and give her something to look forward to.  I asked her what she wanted to do on her big day; I suggested we could go to the park to play and invite a friend to go along.  She really liked that idea.  I asked her if she wanted to invite Hartman and she said, "Yea, because he is my favorite man."  So, that's what we did.  I packed a little picnic and we went to the park.  The weather has been beautiful these last last 2 months of Fall, and the leaves are so colorful.  A lot of them have dropped already.  We ended up having Maki Simons come too, because Sadie was watching her for Mandy that day, since Mandy was in the hospital getting an IV, because she has been so sick with her pregnancy.  I hope this one is a boy, because she sure gets ill when she is pregnant.  I made a cake, but it must of been one from Gram and Gramps food storage that we inherited (meaning that it was old and the baking powder was stale) because it didn't really rise.  It looked like to fat pancakes stacked on each other.   We still ate it and it wasn't too bad.  Adelaide was happy with her gifts and was in good spirits about it all.  Carly had her final PAL game, and she scored 2 buckets.  
Her little friend Danielle from the Phillipines went with us.  We have taken her to church with us the past two sundays.  She really likes Carly and says she likes to come to our house.  I am hoping we can do missionary work with her mom and sisters.  Her mom was glad she went to church, but I think she thought it was the Catholic Church the first time.  
We have all (except Carly) had the 24 hr. flu bug.  Cody called it the "black squirts".  He missed his game to So. Tahoe on fri. because he was laid out on the couch with it all that day.  We are better now.  
Summer had her last track meet and came in first again, despite missing school the day before with "the Plague" and even PR ed with a time of 6:27.
I got some eggnog at the store and Adelaide was getting it out of the fridge and she said she wanted to have some "ice cream juice".  Isn't that adorable?  She also said in her prayer on the food to bless us to remember Jesus, that he was a good man.
Well, I have to run Summer to school, have a wonderful week, we love you and pray for you everyday.  Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment