Hola Hermana Nielsen,
I hope you had a great week. General conference, like always, was awesome. We had a good busy week. I had to teach my accounting class on Monday night, so that got over around 9:30 pm. We had some home coming activities that we went to this past week.
On Wed. I went out deer hunting with Mason Simons and his dad in area 10 or the Rubies. His dad could not walk much, so they were hoping I could find them a deer close to the road. But the Ruby Mtns are no place for someone who can't walk. We hunted all day and only saw about 5 bucks, but we saw them in areas where we were hiking and trying to push them down to the hunters with guns, which the buck always went up over the hills. We were on Mason's dad's 4 wheelers and they were only 2 wheel drive. So I tried to make it up this steep part and I got about 3/4 of the way up hill and the 4 wheeler stopped and my back tires were just spinning. so I stopped it, and got off holding on to the brake as it was going to roll down hill. I tried to push the back end around so I could ride it down hill going forward not backward and when I got the back end around, it started sliding down hill. I had the brake on, but it was still sliding and pulling me down hill with it. I did not let go as the 4-wheeler would have gone crashing down the mountain. So I was being drug and slidding down hill with the 4 wheeler until it came to a stop. But it pulled my arm out of the socket and my shoulder was killing me the entire time after that. We never did get them a shot, but it was fun being out and seeing new country.
I still went to basketball on Thurs. morning, but my shoulder was very sore. Thur. afternoon, we went to the assembly for the homecoming. Nate Klekas won home coming king. But Cody was the best candidate. Thursday, Carly also had her bball game, she made 2 baskets and had lots of good passes. Friday was the big home coming game against Fallon. Cody had been pumped up all week. Both teams were undefeated and it would determine who would probably win the league. Elko scored the 1st 2 touchdowns and we were up 14-0 and out playing them. Fallon scored with 25 seconds to go in the 1st half, and that was a big momentum changer. Fallon came out and scored again twice and was ahead 18-14 for the majority of the 2nd half and we could not move the ball very well. Coach running the same running plays that were not working. Any way, Elko lost 25-14. Cody was made after the game as the Elko players he said had given up. Fallon could not run the ball on us, but they passed it very well. Hopefully, we will meet them again.
BYU lost as well to UTah state, and BYU's quarterback, Tayson Hill broke his leg. BYU was ranked 18th in the nation. Sat. we went to Summers track meet. Summer won the mile with a time of 6:37 and her 4x100 relay team took 3rd. So that was good for a 7th grader. There were about 5 schools there.
Cody took the Zizler girl to the home coming dance. They went to dinner at wingers and then after the dance went to our church and play clue with real people. He said it was fun. Reagan Goulding and Kyra Smith and their dates were in their group. 5 couples total.
We were able to watch the sat. afternoon and the sunday sessions in our home. They were all great. My aunt Donna died on Friday. Dad's brother Loudell's wife. I would like to go over to the funeral on Tomorrow, but we will see.
We hope you have a great week. Keep up the good work and keep working hard.
We love you,
Dad
Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,
How did you enjoy conference weekend? What did you think of the talks given in Espanol? That was kind of a fun shift to hear those men give their talks in their native language. You know we cancelled our cable so to watch conference we went through the internet to byutv and then Dad hooked his computer up to a new flat screen TV that Gram and Gramp Croft gave us. JP got a new TV so he gave them his old one and they in turn gave us theirs. It's the one that Grandpa would watch from his desk in the office. We will put it in the entertainment center in place of the boxy TV. It has a really good picture. I realized yesterday that we have never bought a new TV except for the very first one that Dad bought when he first moved to LA alone and was so bored. Since then we have gotten discards from others except for this one TV that I won in a drawing during the NCAA final four; I had to know which teams were in the final four to put on the entry form. Good thing I knew that.
They stayed for about 45 min. It was pure craziness. When our kids and their kids get together its like a 3-ring circus. Adelaide was chasing Peter all over, and Summer and Carly having a good time because they like those Neff boys--they are a hilarious bunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment