Hola Hermana Nielsen,
We are excited to talk to you in 3 days through skype. That will be lots of fun. We already love Hermana Bott and we have never met her. I feel we love and know her just as we loved Sister Wright with Amber. We can feel how much you care for Hermana Bott and it instantly makes us love her even though we have never met before.
We had a good busy week. I finished up my class and grading and had to turn grades in on Tuesday. On thursday we had a GBC pot luck with an ugly sweater contest. Thursday morning, I asked Cody to find me an ugly sweater and he found one of my mom's. I wore it and won the ugly sweater contest. I did not know it was mom's until Connie told me, so that even made it the more special. I won a mug with chocalate kisses in it.
Cody left Thursday morning for San Luis Obispo for a bball tournament. I guess there are 24 NBA players who have played in this tournament. Elko played Taft, a prep school out of L.A. and we were leading the entire game and tied with 1 minute to go and ended up losing by 4 points. I don't think Cody had any points. The score was 38-34. Taft was ranked nationally.
Saturday we played another school from CA and beat them by 12 points. Cody had 5 points and would have had 8, but had 3-pointer called off due to 3 seconds by one of his teammates.
They play again today at 1 pm. and tomorrow. BYU plays in its bowl game today in Miami.
We had our adult 3rd ward white elephant exchange on Sat. and that was fun. I drew number 1, which is the best number as at the end, I get my pick of all the items. We went through 39 people and I had not seen any thing I really wanted, and a recent convert as of a couple months had this hand made afghan which someone made and really liked it and Jason Harris had stolen it from her. So I stole the afghan from Bro. Harris and gave it to Amber Gibson, the new convert. One guy in our ward on Sunday, so that made his whole night when I did that. Mom said, perhaps I have started a tradition of giving in that game.
Amber got home from BYUI on Sat. so it will be good to have her around for a couple of days. We had a really good Sacratmeeting yesterday. The primary kids sang and Addelaide was standing next to Payten Myers who was singing really loud at the top of her lungs. And I guess, Addie kept looking at her and making a funny face, like, what in the world are you doing. I could not see her face, but mom said it was great. Brother Madsen sang Let Him In, and the new sister missionary sang and the Skollingsbergs spoke. It was a great meeting.
Well we love you and are happy to talk to you. Did you ever get your debit card yet? Have a super week and a great Christmas. This will be one that you will remember forever. I will look for Sister Bott's skype account. Mande mis saludos a la misionera de Argentina por favor.
Love,
DAD
My Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,
Have you received your letter and debit card yet? For your Christmas, I am going to put $100.00 in your account and you can use that to get yourself some Peruvian stuff for Christmas. If there is anything "American" you would like, let me know and I will send you a package a little later. How often do you go to the temple and endure the 10hr bus ride? It seems like you go quite often. Hey, you know my friend Paula Johnson that we stayed with when we went to Ed Week? Well, her daughter Keisha is going on a mission to.....Peru, Lima Central! Maybe you will see her in the temple?
Christmas Eve with my annual date with "Its a Wonderful Life" on TV while I do marathon wrapping. Cody left Thursday morning for the Mission Prep Christmas Classic in San Luis Obisbo, California. I really wanted to go, but we figured out it would cost about 1000. with hotels, gas, meals, etc., so we didn't. but, we found out it is being broadcast live on the internet, so we have been able to watch it. They were up against Taft a prep school, which everyone thought would trounce us. but we showed we could have beat them, if we just would have made a few more shots or freethrows. We lost by 4 pts after leading going into the fourth. We won the next day pretty easily against the other school that lost their opening game.
No comments:
Post a Comment