Sunday, December 14, 2014

Hitting Your 1 Year Mark

Hermana Nielsen,
 
Mom sent your new debit card to the mission office, so you might contact them to let them know that it is coming in and try it out.  We had a good busy week.  Monday was Cody's football banquet, and I believe mom mentioned all the awards he received.  Dr. Bergeron, who is one of his coaches, said that cody was the best athlete he has ever seen or coached I believe.  Something like that, I might be making the ever seen part up.  But that is a great compliment coming from a Dr.
 
Tuesday night I had to go to district scout meetings all night.  Wednesday was our 26th anniversary. Thursday night we had mutual.  Friday we had bball games against Fernley and Sat. we had bball games against Fallon.  Elko beat Fernley by 40+ and the mercy rule came into affect where we had a running clock.  Cody had 7 points.  We beat Fallon by 20+ points and Cody had 2 points I believe.  But he took a finger to the eye that dropped him to his knees.  He said everything went black and he could not see any thing.  Fingers to the eyes are dangerous.  He said his eye and forehead to half way up his head are all numb.
 
They leave for a Tournament in California this Thursday.  We also had our ward party on Sat. night and mom had to cook a ham and funeral potatoes.  Summer had some bball games on Sat morning that we went to watch and she did well.  But it was a busy day.  Bishop Bryce is in Arizona until after the new years, so Brother Simons and I are running the ward. 
 
Well you will hit your year mark this week.  Keep working hard and being obedient in everything.  We love you and alway pray for your success. 
 
Hey did you sign up for the app where is my i-pod.  We can't find it and I wanted to try to check that and see where it is.  Addie had it in the house and now we do not know where it is.  If so, do you remember your password to check on that?
 
Love,
 
Dad


Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,

Well, your new debit card got here last saturday and I got it sent in a letter on tues., so, hopefully you will get it soon, and that the oficina will keep an eye out for a letter to you and get it to  you ASAP.  We (meaning you) should have called and got a new card months ago! I think your original card came here not long after you left, but I have not seen it and I've looked, so oops on my part.  The Bott plan could have worked, but I think (hope) you will get your card soon.
Our Lizard died.  Vivian Neff caught a lizard out in Ruby Valley (the girls wanted Cody to bring one back when he went out there to work) and gave it to us.  They put it in the old fish aquarium with some dirt, rocks and twigs--real reptilian habitat.
It was a blue belly and it lived for about 4 months in that thing eating grasshoppers and bugs that the kids would find for it.
It loved moths, it would go crazy for them and eat 3 or 4 at a time.  Then it started to get cold and the moths went away and we thought we should take it out to the desert and let it go under a rock and hibernate, but we never did, so we wondered if it would hibernate in its enclosure.  Then it started to move a lot slower and then it looked dead and we weren't sure if it was sleeping or dead.  I determined it was dead when it started to stink, the girls thought they wanted to bury it, but it was dark and I so I just threw it in the trash.  We weren't quite as ceremonial as you would have been.

Monday was Cody's Football Banquet.  Dad and I went with Code.  He was recognized for first  All-Team North for the offensive  line, second team defensive line and then the team voted him one of the "Striker" awards, for the best tacklers, and then the "King of the Jungle" award, which is given to the team members you would most like to walk down a dark alley in the company of--the tough guys you would want to have your back.  He had a good season, and worked really hard.

Wednesday was our anniversary--26 years!!!!  We went to the Star for lunch on Thursday and we each had a steak sandwich.  It was sooo good.  It had been a long time since we had gone there, so it made it extra tasty.  We each ate one half of our sandwich and took the other half home for the kids.  They loved it too.  Your Dad has always been that way, thinking of the kids and bringing home treats and things from his trips.

I went and watched Cody and the Choraliers when they sang at Northside.  I had a little bit of an emotional moment.  I realized I was watching Cody do this for the last time and it kind of got to me.  I had to bury my face in the back of Addie's head and compose myself.  The show choir did their little diddy and it was cute and a little cheesy, but fun.  I thought, 'I know why Ms. Rogers wanted Cody to do show choir, because he brings legitimacy to the act.'  It's OK if Cody's doing it.

The boys played Fernley and Fallon this past weekend.  We beat Fernley pretty easily on Fri. night.  Cody had a three and a really impressive fast break layup and another shot for 7 pts.  Sat. against Fallon we had kind of a hard time getting into a scoring rhythm.  Everyone was missing shots, except Eric Klekas he had the high score for the night 20pts (5 three pointers),  we ended up winning by 20pts. so it is good we have little Klekas on the team this year, he will help us out a lot.  Cody got poked in the eye pretty badly and had to come out of the game.  He went down to the ground when it happened and he usually doesn't do that.  He said everything went black.  Its not swollen or black/blue, but he says its kind of numb on his forehead above his eye socket.   We had our Ward Christmas Dinner Sat. night, we had a ham dinner, and funeral potatoes with all the fixings.  It was the Sadies Dance that night too and Cody and Kyra dressed up in Camo and  hunting boots.  He said he had a lot of fun.
Summer gave a talk today in Sacrament  Mtg. and Carly did in Primary.  We had them give them again in FHE tonight.  The Choraliers also came and sang in the churches today--so good.
Have a wonderful week, love you so much, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment